Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
IS This a Clone, or A Newer Version ?
CPD
Guests
February 10, 2012 - 3:35 am

I like all things millitary, except actually serving. That's where I draw the line. Great to study, but knowing what I know, I am deeply in debt to those who serve, but I sure as all heck hope to never have to do it myself.

Found one little thing I might do different, though--that paper model place lets you download 3 free models, so I got the me109, mig 21, and the uh-1. They had somebody put one on some 3ch co-axial, so I'm thinking it'd be light enough to put around an s107. (it's paper, and I'd re-inforce it with carboard/posterboard for a little more strength)

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
February 10, 2012 - 2:29 am

CPD, do you like the army?

CPD
Guests
February 10, 2012 - 2:00 am

I did a lot of sharpie work on my red one. Heck, all of mine do and will have a signiture black light housing!

I know if my next one's not blue, it'll be Krylon "Italian Olive" within a few days!

bvc
Guests
February 10, 2012 - 1:21 am

That's what I ended up doing.

seaturtle
Guests
February 10, 2012 - 1:17 am

just color in the end caps with a sharpie:)

bvc
Guests
February 10, 2012 - 1:12 am

Yes. When the firebird was first introduced it had some improvements over the 107 but now they're virtually the same except the firebird will cost a little more. I paid 30 dollars but really wanted black and didn't want to do that much painting.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 5:33 pm

Is the Firebird an S107g in cognito ?  Or a different machine ?  It looks like a black S107G to me in that pic.

bvc
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 4:10 pm

Freeonthree said:

Qoute:

One things that annoys me about the firebirds is that the plastic tips on the ends of the landing gear are white. The symas are black. So as you can see in the pic I have black and dark blue firebirds with white tips. Silly.

Reply:

Put the white skid end caps on the white S107G  Cool  and the black one's on the Firebird. Better use a little glue though. Can't even find those if they escape, thats for sure. One of my friends received one with a missing skid end cap  Yell

Better yet, just switch the skids, if their the same. Looks like your blue one has white end caps also ?

Oooo.....great idea! Cool

Yeah the blue too. It's my other daughters. I'll have to ask if it bothers her. If it does I can give her the black tip skids off my old yellow. It's my modified fast one, but it's also now a designated parts heli, so sooner or later it's toast anyway.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 3:24 pm

Qoute:

One things that annoys me about the firebirds is that the plastic tips on the ends of the landing gear are white. The symas are black. So as you can see in the pic I have black and dark blue firebirds with white tips. Silly.

Reply:

Put the white skid end caps on the white S107G  Cool  and the black one's on the Firebird. Better use a little glue though. Can't even find those if they escape, thats for sure. One of my friends received one with a missing skid end cap  Yell

Better yet, just switch the skids, if their the same. Looks like your blue one has white end caps also ?

Freeonthree
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 3:12 pm

So Haly R Us is cool too, awesome. I see them all the time in the 107G ads. I'll remember that, thanks. The white is my favorite color now. That looks awesome ! 

Freeonthree
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 2:29 pm

bvc said:

Freeonthree said:

Let me know how the white one is. I think thats my favorite color of all of em. If hers is good, i'll order one of those from Battery Superstore, if they have one, otherwise i'll get another yellow. Yellow seems to be my lucky color.

Where is her white one coming from ?   

The white one is great! Stunning to look at and flies beautifully. We got it from Halley R Us on Amazon. They had the best rating and the most sales out of the three that offered the white.

The white one is awesome, and the blue one is alot lighter and prettier than the blue toad I just sent back defective. It was real dark blue, almost black  Surprised  I didn't order that color anyway  Yell

bvc
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 2:23 pm

Freeonthree said:

Hmmm… This is getting confusing now.  I guess whatever they send me, if it's ok, i'll just keep it. I would have kept the blue and red one's if they worked correctly, but they didn't. Personally, I like the styrofoam packing alot better, but have never seen or heard of it with these before. Mine have been cardboard and clear plastic till blue arrived, so I got suspecious.

The two black motors didn't thrill me either after reading the clone / fake thread.

Form now on, if it operates correctly, I won't worry about anything else.   Dennis 

My yellow and white s107g's and s111g came in styrofoam (see pic). The two firebirds did not (see pic). The white and firebirds have two black motors. My yellow 107 has white and black. I don't think that matters. One things that annoys me about the firebirds is that the plastic tips on the ends of the landing gear are white. The symas are black. So as you can see in the pic I have black and dark blue firebirds with white tips. Silly.

bvc
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 2:14 pm

Freeonthree said:

Let me know how the white one is. I think thats my favorite color of all of em. If hers is good, i'll order one of those from Battery Superstore, if they have one, otherwise i'll get another yellow. Yellow seems to be my lucky color.

The white one is great! Stunning to look at and flies beautifully. We got it from Halley R Us on Amazon. They had the best rating and the most sales out of the three that offered the white.

My FleetImage Enlarger

Freeonthree
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 10:23 am

bvc
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 9:35 am

My daughter is supposed to get her white today. Will see. My other daughter received her blue firebird today along with my black. I'm stuck at work.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 7:48 am

Hmmm... This is getting confusing now.  I guess whatever they send me, if it's ok, i'll just keep it. I would have kept the blue and red one's if they worked correctly, but they didn't. Personally, I like the styrofoam packing alot better, but have never seen or heard of it with these before. Mine have been cardboard and clear plastic till blue arrived, so I got suspecious.

The two black motors didn't thrill me either after reading the clone / fake thread.

Form now on, if it operates correctly, I won't worry about anything else.   Dennis 

bobO
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 7:39 am

Yeah my yellow also has black caps on both motors and it really is more of a precision "toy" then one would expect for under 30$ .

seaturtle
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 7:24 am

i have a white one.its a new version.flys perfect.i reversed the wires on rear motor and use a picooz rotor with motor in stock position.stays in air much longer than stock rotor.btw,my white one has black caps on both motors and my blue one ,which is a new s107g with older style graphics,has white caps on motor.i doubt it matters any.also,all my 107g's have been packed in styrofoam:)

Freeonthree
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 6:07 am

CPD said:

Yeah, the next helis I'm buying, I'm buying through amazon, but it's worth the few cents to buy them through amazon but from xheli. I think part of the problem is the cheaper ones are getting to be so many returned helis that they have to repair, then sell again. I wonder how many syma's actually making and how many are just rebuilt ones. If you wanted ones that are guarenteed real, I guess buy the green or white ones for $30.

I love the white !  The green is awesome too...  But im very afraid now.  I trust the yellow one's right now.

Are you sure the white and green one's are all new versions ?  has anyone out here got a green or white yet ?

I'll order a white one if their definently a new version. I can live with yellow, white, and green  Laugh

All my friends got yellow one's from Battery Superstore, I made sure of that, and so far, they are all perfect.

Too bad I wasn't getting a commission. I think I sold over 10

Freeonthree
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 5:55 am

Amazon already issued the refund for blue, and told me to keep it for parts. I said no, I want Amazons test team to see what was sent to me, so it's going to their test team for full inspection and test flight. We need to get to the bottom of this, and I don't need the parts.

I just want a new version, correct S107G, thats all. I want another heli of yellows quality.

Im only ordering yellow from now on, since myself and all my friends received perfect yellow S107G's. 

Red came from Battery Superstore, and I trust them. Red was in fact a new version, but probably just had a cold solder joint on the PCB, and thats not surprizing, it's quite common in lots of mass produced electronics.

If it wasn't under warrantee, I would have either repaired the PCB, or installed a new one. All else was fine…

As a mechanic, i've received faulty starters, alternators, computerized engine control sensors, etc…  not uncommon at all these days. In this case, were dealing with highly mass produced electronics from China, so it's kinda expected to see a few defectives.  Im not upset, worried, or ready to give up, but I did consider it. Then I flew yellow and decided that it was just a fluke, and Amazon has taken very good care of me, so im still in the game.

I can't wait for the test team to see what I received as a new blue S107G. I even charged it up for them, so they don't have to.

Told em it's ready to be test flown, and exactly what to expect it to do when they fly it.   Dennis

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2