Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
IS This a Clone, or A Newer Version ?
CPD
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 7:25 am

I'm guessing it goes by the charger having a resistance-sensative switch, where if it reaches a threshold point of how much resistance it has to continue charging, probably at 4.2 ish volts, and the MB doesn't get the voltage or amperage to continue working at about 3. Doesn't exactly mater, just an odd thing to note that it isn't 3.7 volts.

What I want to know is how they get LED's to work on variable voltages. I've done a good bit of reaserch on them for my trains, and I've come to the conclusion they're finikey creatures. They can only operate within certain voltages, otherwise, if it's too high, they die. Too low, they shut off. And it's not like there's enough room for them to shut off at 3v and stay on at 4.5. (at least I don't think anyway with the cheap ones. If you put the right resistors in, you could reach a 12-16v range, where model trains are, but at the lower voltages, it's not that high.)

Freeonthree
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 6:57 am

The built in protection board won't allow more than 4.2, or lower than 3.0, hopefully. Thats what is was designed to do anyway...  Is your DVOM a fluke ? or lessor quality ?  Dennis

seaturtle
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 6:49 am

Freeonthree said:

Lipo batteries should NEVER be charged to above 4.2v per cell, or discharged to below 3.0V per cell.

Overcharging can make em swell and burst, and burn your house down.  (burns like napalm)

Discharging below 3.0v per cell can ruin the battery.   Dennis

im just sayin thats what my volt meter reads after a full charge off the usb cable and when it no longer holds a hover.4.31 is when battery stops pulling a charge off the cable.about 2.91 is when it about stops hovering.at least for the the  three ive been keeping tabs on.

seaturtle
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 6:43 am

you can make it go much faster using the trim buttons on top for forward and reverse.trim it out all the forward.what seller did yours come from?none of mine came with a wall charger.

bobO
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 6:39 am

I ordered the A/C charger separate. The 026 comes with a  USB charger.Oh yea of little faith, well I'll have that many flights on it in no time so we'll know soon. A lot slower then the    107 for sure but responsive all the same.

CPD
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 6:24 am

Wait, the 026 has an ac wall charger, or is it the aftermarket wall charger? That's cool to have.

The fist flight of the 026 has allways been good. It's the 3rd-5th where it craps out in the reviews. I'm kinda suprised it's not as fast, though-the front motor set you'd think would slow up and the rear would speed up, causing super speeds.

bobO
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 5:31 am

LaughLaughI follow this advice like gospel. Once it can't keep altitude it gets shut off, cools for 15 minutes minimum then charges till the lights bright on the usb charger then disconnected and allowed to cool for 15 minutes. And I never leave them alone while charging. I just got my A/C charger and have the S107 on it nowLaugh. Also got my SO26GLaugh and flew it for about 45 secs on the charge it came with and happy to report all seems well. have it on the usb charger now and will give it a shake down flight when it's ready but I don't for see any problemsLaugh. Have to say this thing looks better in person then it does in the photos and for under 23$, money well spent. Well gave chinny it's shake down cruise and this thing fly's GREAT! Once you get it trimmed it hovers like nothing I've ever seen, rock stable, unreal, with plenty of power, I could bounce it off the ceiling no problem. Doesn't go as fast forword or back as the 107 but out hovers it like a champ. Only got about 7 minutes of flying time but I'll give it a couple of cycles and time it with the stop watch.The A/C charger works lie a dream also. Well pleased with all things SYMA to date. I'm one happy flyer and still have a cobra on the wayCoolLaugh.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 4:06 am

Lipo batteries should NEVER be charged to above 4.2v per cell, or discharged to below 3.0V per cell.

Overcharging can make em swell and burst, and burn your house down.  (burns like napalm)

Discharging below 3.0v per cell can ruin the battery.   Dennis

seaturtle
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 3:11 am

i wear my 3D glasses whenever i fly.it looks like its coming right at you;)

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 2:45 am

Technically, and scientifically speaking, 3D refers to anything that can go ALL around. The body is 3D, but th movement isn't. In order for the movements to be 3D, it has to move up/down, slide left/right, turn left/right, move forward backwards. That is 3D. The other three channels in a 3D helicopter (or aerobatics helicopter) is pull up/down (like an airplane), reverse thrust (to be able to fly upside down).

seaturtle
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 2:31 am

ive monitored the charge on two 107's.they both seem to max out at 4.31v.they are essentially done flying by the time they hit 3.7v 

CPD
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 1:44 am

Well, that's interesting. 3.7v batteries that charge that high? I'm no expert on batteries, but that seems to say "chineese quality" all over it.

Here's something to consider, though, along those lines. The maker of Briggs and Stranton and many other brands of small engines was sued because they over-rated their hosepower. (a "5 HP" engine in reality was a 3 hp, and so on) Fifty years ago, the big thing was efficiency. Doing as much as possable, with the lowest input. It was common practice to say there was less HP or whatever to get buisness! If you had a 20 hp electric motor, you might not be able to sell it unless you marked it down to 10! Where did we go backwards from that? (I guess batteries are kinda like that-they have  a min value, but never actually reach that min!)

seaturtle
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 1:31 am

ive got a new battery coming for mine.the original battery would only charge to 4.08 volts.thats on a 200mah.my 107's charge up to 4.31 volts.we shall see.

CPD
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 1:24 am

Lol. Yeah, good luck on the 026. Somebody needs to sacrafice $30 and buy one and a battery to put in it. They have some problem, and mostly it sounds like they either have a bad battery, or the two motors fries the batteries. They probably just didn't wire them right. The need two batteries, and need to run power for the MB through the front motor and battery, and the rear motor needs to have a battery. Or, it needs one XL battery to be able to handle the amprage and power demands of two helicopters. (since that's what it is)

bobO
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 12:48 am

LMAO! My RC experience is limited to 3 air pigs I owned and hated. I went to a hobby store over 14 yrs ago to buy a gas powered Helli that was marked down to 900$, the guy wouldn't sell it to meSurprised. Well he probably would have if I insisted but he really really didn't want too and did everything he could to talk me out of buying it. He succeeded and I left the shop empty handed. Among many things he said the one that stuck with me was " I don't want you coming back here wanting a return that I won't give you and have you come over this counter" lol. So yeah these little copters work good enough for me . Getting my Dancer 026 today, can't wait and will let you guys know how it works.

CPD
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 12:40 am

What exactly could they call a 2d anyway? It's not like it's a flying sheet of paper that can only fly foreward/backward and up/down. I know what a 2ch does, but it still technically can go in 3 dementions. Maybe a 1 chanel thing that only goes up and down, but it still isn't just a 2d square flying around in the air, cause the heli still has a length, width and height.

Just something to think about the next time you see anybody make a big deal about how many D a heli is. lol.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 10, 2012 - 3:47 pm

I get a kick how some of the micro heli's say 3d on the box and in the ad.  Yeah, 3 direction...  left, right, up, and down is free. Just like take off are optional, and landing is mandatory, be it good or bad, or worse  Surprised

Freeonthree
Guests
February 10, 2012 - 3:42 pm

I've flown 3D capable helis, both electic and nitro, but I can only fly sloppy scale, no fancy stuff.  To be honest, my nitro heli used to scare the heck out of me. I was always afraid of crashing and putting it back into kit form. I perfer the coaxials myself, and fly to relax, not to have a mini stroke. What I like about flying and riding, is that when im doing it, I don't think about anything else, so it's kind of an escape from reality, or a mini vacation  Smile

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
February 10, 2012 - 3:26 pm

You fly 3D's?

Freeonthree
Guests
February 10, 2012 - 4:58 am

Well, im learning...  Before, I thought if the motors were not black and white, they had cheaper non factory motors, and I went thru 15 or so tail motors on my Blade CP and Venom Nightranger 3D. Sometimes they would only last an hour or two, and I had to ride 35 miles each way to get them  :>(

Im amazed that after at least 50 flights, my yellow S107G hasn't lost a motor yet. Just don't want to install any junk on my heli's that's all.

Now im told the clones can be as good or better than origional in some cases, so my mind is more open now.

I've had very bad luck with brushed motors in the past.  I'd pay $100.00 for an S107G it it was brushless. Brushless motors last till the armature bearings/bushings wear out.  Actually, i've never had a brushless motor failure, ever.

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5