Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
IS This a Clone, or A Newer Version ?
bvc
Guests
February 13, 2012 - 12:23 pm

Freeonthree said:

I think you would have wound up the hair anyway. I try to stay away from the carpet.

On hardwood and linoleum floors, the heli will clean it's own landing area before touching down  Wink

Softer crashes on carpet though Wink

Freeonthree
Guests
February 13, 2012 - 4:45 am

I wouldn't use anything on the gears that will fly off, and when oiling the shaft, only one drop at the top of the chassis.

I think you would have wound up the hair anyway. I try to stay away from the carpet.

On hardwood and linoleum floors, the heli will clean it's own landing area before touching down  Wink

Drivin_Dave
Guests
February 13, 2012 - 1:22 am

I'm guessing that shooting the innerds with spray silicone would not be healthy for the motherboard, so better to get that art brush. Don't want her smokin as she goes down, and the way I fly she will go down again!Cry

I'm quickly learning that the vacuum cleaner is my heli's best friend, gotta get the tweasers and remove my wife and daughter's hair from the main shaft now.Confused

Freeonthree
Guests
February 12, 2012 - 6:20 pm

Quote:

Where are you putting it on the main shaft? Where it enters the black plastic in between the two motors?

Answer:

Yes, just apply a drop of synthetic oil where the main shafts enter the chassis.

To get it into the inner shaft, some dissassembly is required, but the most drag and wobble occurs between the outter shaft and the plastic bore of the chassis I believe. I oiled my shaft and greased my gears, and it made a huge difference in the noise level. They are pretty noisey right out of the box. I don't think they lube anything  Surprised

The quicker it wears out, the sooner you'll buy another one, right ?  Let alter their plan slightly, and fly em all for years to come. Less friction means longer lasting motors, and longer run times.

Im anxious to try the liquid gears on my gears to see if it flys off, but their still very quiet, so i'll wait till I hears some harshness. If it's not broke, don't fix it, right ?  I agree...  Wink

Have you hugged your helicopters today ? 

bvc
Guests
February 12, 2012 - 6:03 pm

OK. Maybe the light is that heavy……….

At least I'm not losing my mind. Well…..Laugh

bvc
Guests
February 12, 2012 - 5:57 pm

Freeonthree said:

I apply it with an artists brush I shortened the brissels on, works great !

That's a great idea!

bvc
Guests
February 12, 2012 - 5:53 pm

Freeonthree said:

Lightly grease the gears, just a light flim will do the job, and use Liquid Gears on the main shaft. Smoooooooooooth  Smile

Now my $30.00 heli sounds like $130.00   Surprised   

Where are you putting it on the main shaft? Where it enters the black plastic in between the two motors? I've used silicone spray there and on the gears of my older yellow 107 and 111 and didn't notice any difference.

I took the canopy off the new black helizone fb to check where the battery was because it was inching backwards. Seemed a little too far back. When I took it off the move it forward the red wire solder broke Yell. Looks like the result of a poor soldering job. So here's the bizarre thing. I changed black and yellows plastic, and it was faster when it was yellow. No kidding (yellow had a few weight reductions). The only other difference is that I removed the light. I know the light is not that heavy and I know the hole is not taking in that much air, causing drag. I think I'm losing my mind or something.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 12, 2012 - 12:47 pm

I only crash when I hit stuff  Smile  and those are very rare now, but every now and then I get too brave and get to close to the curtains or wall and down it goes  Surprised  oops !

Yeah, just like the oldies song said, Backing Up Is Hard To Do  Cool

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it.   Dennis 

Syma Freak
Admin
February 12, 2012 - 12:25 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

You are getting really good flying-well controlled and no crashes-impressive back flying as gets a bit bogged down going backwards, so you have good throttle control,good flying Captain!!

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Freeonthree
Guests
February 12, 2012 - 9:35 am

Just made another video... Im playing with backwards circles a little now, very little, yikes !  hahahaha !

Freeonthree
Guests
February 12, 2012 - 8:01 am

Im using General Electric, 100% silicone grease (brownish color) on my gears, and it works great. Just a light film does it, and it stays on there good. I apply it with an artists brush I shortened the brissels on, works great !

A clean and quiet S107g is a good thing...

Drivin_Dave
Guests
February 12, 2012 - 7:46 am

Freeonthree said:

Lightly grease the gears, just a light flim will do the job, and use Liquid Gears on the main shaft. Smoooooooooooth  Smile

Do you think silicone lube would work? Cool

Freeonthree
Guests
February 12, 2012 - 5:53 am

Drivin_Dave
Guests
February 12, 2012 - 5:26 am

You guys have alot of interesting info in this thread. Was reading your earlier posts about the runner caps, my Red doesn't have caps on the front, just the back. I don't need no stinking caps? ???

I have an S109G Apache on the way for our Son. Ordered it from JP Commerce on Amazon, hope we don't have the noise issues you have talked about.

My Red runs perfect and have had no problems so far. Think I have about 12 flights now.

bvc
Guests
February 12, 2012 - 5:05 am

Freeonthree, earlier you mentioned how loud your defective helis were, and I just wanted to mention my new white and both helizones I just received are loud too. My older yellow and s111g are both very smooth and quiet. They have white rear motors. Spinning by hand, it's not just the rear black motors on the new white and helizones that are louder but also the front. Just thought I mention it. I guess we get whatever is in production.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 12:17 pm

My pleasure  :>)  

Syma Freak
Admin
February 11, 2012 - 12:14 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Freeonthree said:

http://barnson.org/node/1154

http://www.maxamps.com/lipo-care.php

Great links and info -thank you Freeonthree

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Freeonthree
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 11:56 am
seaturtle
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 9:29 am

Freeonthree said:

The built in protection board won't allow more than 4.2, or lower than 3.0, hopefully. Thats what is was designed to do anyway...  Is your DVOM a fluke ? or lessor quality ?  Dennis

its a crapsman,i mean craftsman.but i know its pretty accurate.thats what all three max out at when i leave them on until full bright light.its a good 20 or so min.after cord starts to light up.the chord reads 4.69v but all my batterys always max out at 4.31v.(execpt the 026,with its 200mah maxed at 4.09.maybe thats why it cant gain altitude?i dont know.but i have a new battery on the way so to find out.)

bobO
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 7:37 am

seaturtle said:

you can make it go much faster using the trim buttons on top for forward and reverse.trim it out all the forward.what seller did yours come from?none of mine came with a wall charger.

Never thought of that ,will give it a try. The S026G was bought though  Amazon sold byTenergy ($22.95), The A/C charger bought though Amazon sold by Walter Sheffield ($4.85). Both work great.

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5