Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
IS This a Clone, or A Newer Version ?
bobO
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 12:20 am

Bummer Free, but don't give up yet. Amazon always tells you who the 2nd party is. Battery superstore seems tell sell good stuff. I've flown the pants off my S107 since I've got it with nary a problem. Dealing with Amazon is the way to go in my book there not going any where and really seem to care, hard to find any more. Keep us updated on what they say about blue.

CPD
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 12:00 am

Yeah, the next helis I'm buying, I'm buying through amazon, but it's worth the few cents to buy them through amazon but from xheli. I think part of the problem is the cheaper ones are getting to be so many returned helis that they have to repair, then sell again. I wonder how many syma's actually making and how many are just rebuilt ones. If you wanted ones that are guarenteed real, I guess buy the green or white ones for $30.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 9:14 pm

The color was correct, but not the pattern, unless blue has a different pattern. If it flew fine and didn't have a bad tx, and wasn't noisey, and didn't stop and fall suddenly, I would have kept it, unless it was definently a clone or fake.

Im just going to get another yellow one from Battery Superstore, like my first one, which has maybe 50 flights on it, and fly's and sounds perfect, with no vibration. The Blue one must have been an old version return that never got fixed or something.

Im off to bed, take care guys, don't wad nuthin up...  Dennis 

drewdane
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 8:47 pm

But not matching the heli, right? I got the impression it was a newer heli with older blades.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 8:11 pm

The blades were all the same, not mismatched. Amazon just issued the refund, should have the cash to reorder in a couple days. Mine came from Hobby Toy Store, but it's going back to Amazon Test Team per my request.

drewdane
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 8:06 pm

Old_Iron_Spine said:

Does amazon test and examine their products before they ship?

This wasn't bought from Amazon, directly. It was a third party, who sells on Amazon. It sounds like it may be rebuilt. That would explain 2 black-top motors, and mismatched blades.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 6:00 pm

Yes, they have their own test team.  I want them to see this one, I don't need the parts, but it was nice of them to offer. We need to let Amazon deal with those guys sending out defective or old stock merchandise.

I think I got a defective, returned older version. Grrrrrrr....  Im sure they will love trying to fly blue around the office with his tx, oh boy !    I'll put a detailed explanation of all the issue's, so they will be armed and ready  Surprised  Duck !   lol  

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 5:52 pm

Oh, and my next 031 isn't coming from amazon, I like them too. But I decided I might have better luck ordering from a online hoppy shop like xheli or helipal, cause I figured they tested them out before shipping.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 5:50 pm

Does amazon test and examine their products before they ship? It'll save them money cause they won't have to sell a bunch of defected items. I had a 031 and it ALWAYS went backwards, and never forwards. So, disappointingly, I had to return it. But I get to order a new one this Friday 😀

Freeonthree
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 5:45 pm

I talked to Amazon, they issued a refund and told me to keep it for parts or dispose of it myself. I declined and said I want their test team to see what Hobby Toy Store sent me, and he agree'd that was a great idea. Got the shipping label now....

We have enough problems without people sending out garbage.

Here's the issues...  Lots of them...

Bad transmitter, Heli goes forward, but turns left at the same time, yikes !  Almost crashed !

Bad gears or bent shaft, very noisey, and plusing click sound.

The box was ok, but there was a styrofoam surround in the box, unlike the other 3 newer versions.

Heli only says S107 on the sides, in front of the canopy mounting screws.

No text on the sides of the windshield.

Both motors have black end caps.

Heli will suddenly stop and drop like a rock, luckily on the bed, twice in 5 minutes !  Yikes !

Also, this blue is way darker than the blue on Amazons website, almost black as the windshield.

It goes back tomorrow... I love Amazon...  What a great bunch of people working there Laugh

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 4:33 pm

Hm, interesting. It's probably a fake. Clones have distinguished rotor blades (black) and are basically just like the real deal. Fakes look just like them, are claimed to be syma, and are not. I also think that clones use syma parts, but they are made by someone out of their house.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 2:24 pm

This new one has those blades like in your Amazon link. I don't like this blue heli, it sounds like a thrashing machine even after greasing the gears. I thought the grease made it better, but my yellow one blows it away. Dentist drill verses a jack hammer.  My Yellow one sounds like it was made by Lockheed Aircraft, and Blue sounds like it was made by Hasbro Toys.

CPD
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 2:03 pm

Might be. It should have swirly blades, not the bar looking blades like the yellow/red. (it has leftovers from the 105 that they never needed because almost nobody wants blue–although as such, the produce less, and they're more expensive if you want a blue, which is stupid)

tag=syma107heli-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004ET7GK0

(I wouldn't recomend buying these blades, since they're more expensive than what I've bought blades for, but that's what they look like)

The odd part is, if it's a clone, that's just plain weird, because they mostly only clone/fake the yellow, and sometimes red. They almost never do it with blue.

If it's a clone, don't write it off. I've heard many good things for clones. Many are built better than the real ones. The other thing is, it could possably be like my h107, and be one that was returned, and had a motor replaced with a black one. In that case, the other motor might be a little older, but it'll probably have other stuff that already broke and is now fixed, which could be better than new. (all of the defective parts aren't there, and you'll not have any problems)

Freeonthree
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 1:52 pm

Got my Blue one today, from Hobby Toy Store, thru Amazon.

The tx is defective, but has a smooth panel, and it looks correct.

The heli has two black motor end caps, not one white like my yellow one, and the red one I just sent back due to a defective circuit board.

There is no lettering on the windshield, and on the canopy, it just says S107 in front of the mounting screw. 

After two bummers in a row, im losing interest in these heli's quickly. 

This blue one doesn't sound precision either, very grungy compared to my yellow one (latest version)

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5