Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Latest Syma The S108G Apache
CPD
Guests
November 21, 2011 - 3:08 am

Well, it'll probably not be very manuverable at all... probably weighing an additional pound or so...  and being much larger than the apache.

Just want a better RC UH-1 Huey for the money. You could buy a huey like I want, but for over a hundred bucks. Not worth it. Not a battlecopter, esp. since somebody bought one of the two bodies I had in my shopping cart on amazon...

so it'd need all of the guts, but that's it. Ordering the stuff when my mom gets home from work, then I sould be able to start tuesday or wensday night or next weekend. Could make the regular S107 that I'm also buying really manuverable, but I'm thinking I'm not. I'll use that as-is, since I don't really need a hot-roded one exactly...

Sorry if this whole thing takes anything off topic...

warchild00
Guests
November 19, 2011 - 9:50 am

@CPD

Because most of my current struggles involve keeping my fleet airborne, as my co-worker and I battle our helis and smash them to pieces, I am curious to what ends your intended mods are meant to bring. I am certainly intrigued if you think you can patch together a "Frankenstein" of sorts to create a really maneuverable heli. The "corpus" is certainly one of the greatest limiters, as it will dictate motor size and gear configuration. That said, I think the s107 frame and corpus could be the most modifiable platform to work off of, but the intricate machine work needed to fit new motors would be hard to do.

CPD
Guests
November 18, 2011 - 12:34 pm

Ok, so this seems to be the inner frame ("corpus" aparantly...) of the cobra...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SYMA-S.....3a6c8c419f

That doesn't seem to be mountable too well in a huey, unless I buy the connecting rod thingies from ebay, and mount them somehow to hold onto the frame. That wouldn't work too well...

However, the Apache ones seem more doable- they look like they'd just need screwed into the top of the body after I drill a hole the stupid hump on it... I hate that feature, but being that it's metal there, and I need to screw into something, don't have much choice...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SYMA-S.....3a6bab7753

CPD
Guests
November 18, 2011 - 11:23 am

Thanks!

If it ends up not having the metal frame, I think that might be good for my project- cheaper, guaranteed that the black blades will work, and lighter and easier to make fit in the model body.

Allways getting into more than I plan to…

I saw that they have different motors when I was looking into the mod of putting a main drive motor for a tail motor. I'm guessing that they're not too different, but would be incompatable. One's probably for more manuverability and responce times, the other for moving a heavier heli.

(Now, if only I could take a chinook and lighten it enough that I could mount a cargo net to it to ferry piddly crap I don't want to get up to get…  lol.)

warchild00
Guests
November 18, 2011 - 9:12 am

CPD, I generally keep my 107 parts away from any other heli which is not a 107, at least ones that are specific to each model insofar as the chinook has different motors, gears, etc. As I break things on the military style helis I'll be able to give you better feedback on what I find.

CPD
Guests
November 18, 2011 - 1:33 am

@warchild

Would it be easier, in your opinion, to dissasemble them and put everything inside the body of a model huey than an S107? It'd be a lot cheaper, and would save replacing the blades plus lots of dissasembly of the frame of the S107, I think...

Syma Freak
Admin
November 5, 2011 - 2:54 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

@Warchild00 great info,let us know how you go with battery mod

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

warchild00
Guests
November 5, 2011 - 2:29 pm

I picked up 109g and the 102g  to add to the themed collection. I am pretty impressed with how these full chassis helis handle compared to the 107's. The have tremendous lift, and easily accept the picooz tail rotor (so long as you don't mind reversing the motor wires or remembering that backwards on the stick is forward). And, I think the Hyperion battery mod will go into these birds as well.

Syma Freak
Admin
September 30, 2011 - 3:31 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Syma S108G Marines Apache Military Infrared 3CH Micro Heli

Syma has just realeased the Syma S108 Apache Helicopter:

Syma-S108Image Enlarger

Just wanted to keep you updated of new Syma Helicopters for 2011:

I have just received mine,the S108G IS FUN!

Newly released in 2011, in this ultra micro helicopter, it includes a 4-in-1 infrared controller (Gyro + ESC + Mixer + Receiver). This makes the palm size helicopter have outstanding performance in hovering. It is A GREAT HELI that it can fly smoothly and has a very detailed body frame. Looks very alike the Military Helicopter Apache. 3 Channels for flying it, able to move in 6 Directions.

It's detailed and beautiful fuselage is decorated by flashing LED light, making it looks great in visual effect, especially flying it in a soft light indoor area. As it is made of very light plastic, that protects the heli from crash, it won't break easily. This would be great for those who are new to R/C toys! This toy helicopter is designed for those who are over 8 years old. And for old guys like me-Lol!

The latest Gyro version, equipped with a 4-in-1 infra-red receiver (Gyro, ESC, Mixer, Receiver). This palm size Helicopter (8.5 inches long) has a very beautiful and detailed fuselage, decorated with flashing LED, the visual effect is great, especially in a soft light indoor area. The Syma Mini Helicopter Series is able to move in 3 Direction base on the 3 Channels, anyone can hover it easily. Since it is very light weight, amazingly it is almost indestructible in any crash, perfect for very first time beginners. This toy helicopter is designed for anyone over 8 years old, flight time is around 5-6 minutes after 20-30 minutes charging. It can fly in 6 directions. They are:

- Rotate Clockwsie / Anti-Clockwise
– Move Forward / Backward
– Move Up / Down

Will do a review on this bird shortly.Really looking forward to strip this bird down to see if any better than my beloved Syma S107G which I now have over eleven of them-crazy shit but love doing  mods like repaints different batteries etc.

So at this stage here is a video and images of the Syma S108 or Syma S108G:

This video is the release from XHeli

SYMA S108G 3.5CH Infrared Mini RC Helicopter Gyro at Amazon

Some Photos Of The Syma S108G

S108-Syma-1Image Enlarger

SYMA-S108-CHARGINGImage EnlargerS108-SYMA-tail-rotorImage EnlargerSyma-S108-3Image Enlarger

So if you are thinking of buying, i like buying from Amazon . There are a few on Ebay tho. Always be careful if they are really cheap, could be fakes – check out post  Syma S107.

If reading on Syma Forum might not show well so hit here

Syma Forum
Syma S107 FAQ
My Syma S032 Review also at S032 Review
Syma S107 Repairs
Syma S107 Mods
Syma Spare Parts

New Syma X5C Quad Review

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online: