Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Syma S111G flies backward
Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 14, 2012 - 2:41 am

Sf, do you have any recommendations for a beginner airplane?

Syma Freak
Admin
January 13, 2012 - 7:28 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Guys Supernova got a S111g last week and he is reviewing this heli,with maybe a video- We will put up a page on this heli soon-I have just done a few hours flying the S031G- Now got to get videos set up to do a review this weekend.

Know a lot of people waiting for the review on the S031G, guess will be a heavy review on Syma getting into big helis-I have to test the hell out of helis or planes before I say yes buy it,same as Supernova.

Talk soon- SF

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Yiannakis
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 8:30 am

drewdane said:

I have spent the day flying helis with a buddy, and his S111G has the same issue. It is solid as a rock at altitude, but on takeoff it pulls aft. I decided that the problem was ground effects. I tried a few takeoffs, and when I gave it full power rapidly, it usually popped right up without acting up... But I had to be careful not to pop it right into the ceiling. This thing climbs fast!

Indeed the ground effect is known by me. With both models I give forward steering and rather fast takeoff. But, on the new S111,  I managed to take off with a lot of forward. Letting the fwd/bwd stick in the middle when in the air and it went backward. No problem. The balance weight did it. When everything is going to easy there is no challenge.Smile

CPD
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 6:29 am

Wait!

Plasticville airport hangar, terminal, police station, hospital and somebody else running the cleap knock-off slotcars everybody has laying around from the 90's and the Lionel set to match the Plasticville stuff. (not the legit 60's good ones- the crap ones that had the chineese crap cars that never did anything)

That would be an impressive trick, though, to land on a moving flatcar...

Sure'd beat the postwar Lionel helicopter-launching cars that just launch a plastic gyrocopter!!!

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 5:51 am

I was thinking more like a wooden sky scraper lol. And a moving train, and a toy yacht, and a rc semi truck to land on.

Just kidding, I was just think of the building.

CPD
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 4:55 am

Then, if you really want a challange, or just an awesome lz, buy a plasticville airport hangar or two and maybe a terminal.

(But, for me and Mo, a nice sheet of that grass paper for model trains and some fake "jungle" might do the trick...

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 4:16 am

I'll have to do that! I've been wanting to create a target landing!

CPD
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 4:07 am

Old_Iron_Spine said:

I don't think it's an off balance issue, all helicopters do this. Like you said, CPD, your helicopter wants to go forward and left, I think this is the same thing it's just his goes backwards. Mine on the other hand, wants to slide right or left, and because it has skis, it will catch the carpet, and start tipping over.

Backwards and left, but close enough.

Mine also does that with the carpet alot. That was the primary reson for my helipad box.

For that, just run to the dollar store and buy a sheet of grey posterboard for 25 cents, and take whiteout to put the H on it.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 4:06 am

Unless you do 3D helicopters with six channels, they need time to heat up to takeoff. But as long as you stick with 3 channel coaxial helicopters, you can do that. Even four channel you can do that. 3D helicopters can't take much punishment as the rotors move to fast, they tend to move faster, and they're like real helicopters.

Supernova
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 3:47 am

I find the best way, with any heli is to give it full blast at lift off, then at about 3/4 feet of the ground back off quick! then give it some more, then it hovers, all you need then is forward, reverse and turn with slight adjustments to hight, as needed.

If you lift off slowly, then they all drift a bit one way or the other. 

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 3:09 am

I don't think it's an off balance issue, all helicopters do this. Like you said, CPD, your helicopter wants to go forward and left, I think this is the same thing it's just his goes backwards. Mine on the other hand, wants to slide right or left, and because it has skis, it will catch the carpet, and start tipping over.

CPD
Guests
January 13, 2012 - 2:55 am

maybe it's an off-balance model or something then...

What seems to help with problems like this, without doing anything to the heli itself, is to start it out on something with a little bit of grip, like a carpet/rug, (except 107's runners get tangled in rugs) or my box-painted-green-with-textured-spraypaint.

I'd take a peice of medium-grit sandpaper (whatever you have laying around in large sheets) and try taking off from it. If that works, find a grey peice and paint a white H with a circle around it on it, and there you go.

drewdane
Guests
January 12, 2012 - 8:36 pm

I have spent the day flying helis with a buddy, and his S111G has the same issue. It is solid as a rock at altitude, but on takeoff it pulls aft. I decided that the problem was ground effects. I tried a few takeoffs, and when I gave it full power rapidly, it usually popped right up without acting up... But I had to be careful not to pop it right into the ceiling. This thing climbs fast!

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 12, 2012 - 5:14 pm

What does it do once it gets high enough into the air? Did you try to make it goforward when it gets moving? You see, the problem with helicopters, is when they take off the pay tend to get ground effects. Ground effects is the wind they creat from taking off. So taking off is kinda difficult. Syma 111g's only have three channels so there isn't a whole lot you can do to prevent this. I hand launch my helicopter cause of the ground effects. Landing is still kind of difficult, but somehow easier.

I hope that helped, God bless,
Old_Iron_Spine

Yiannakis
Guests
January 12, 2012 - 8:49 am

Looked at the shaft as soon as I saw it fly backwards. OK

Checked the screws as well. OK   And, if screws loose, the effect would increase I suppose.

Tail rotor not causing the effect.

Sent a mail to Syma support. See If and what they reply.

CPD
Guests
January 12, 2012 - 4:14 am

Tighten up all of the screws on it, then check that the main shaft's not bent. Very common problem w. symas.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 12, 2012 - 3:45 am

Are the tail rotors spinning to make it go backwards?

Supernova
Guests
January 12, 2012 - 3:39 am

I am going to do a review on the S111g very soon, so may be able to help you there, but cant just yet sorry.

Yiannakis
Guests
January 12, 2012 - 2:13 am

Hi,

not a S107 question, though that one also needed some weight in the nose to avoid backward flying.Today I received my S111G fom Hong Kong, an original one for € 22  $ 28 incl. shipping. Had to stick a stainless steel nut M4 under the nose as a weight to be hovering without flying backward. Is there an other solution, as extra weight can reduce flying time?

Yi

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9