Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Syma S111G flies backward
Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 25, 2012 - 4:20 pm

Isn't that the truth. I got the rotor blades and didn't know what to think. The only thing I could think of is that they forgot to give me the receipt (which they did) and didn't want to send me just the receipt so they sent me the cheapest item they had or the item they had the most of.

bvc
Guests
January 25, 2012 - 3:14 pm

Old_Iron_Spine said:

You might can try amazon? I did for my 107, and it was the wrong one. Then I got random rotor blades imported from hong kong after I got everything... So... I don't know why I got those, but whatever.

Looked. Don't have. Found some other possibilities though. I got 107 parts (flybar) for my 107g from amazon. Sometimes you just can't tell what you are getting.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 25, 2012 - 2:52 pm

You might can try amazon? I did for my 107, and it was the wrong one. Then I got random rotor blades imported from hong kong after I got everything... So... I don't know why I got those, but whatever.

bvc
Guests
January 25, 2012 - 2:28 pm

I moved the battery forward about 1/4 to 3/8 an inch so it no longer drifts backwards. Unfortunately it now drifts forward just a little, but my daughter says that's better than backward and she likes the extra speed.

I opened it up because I think it has a bent shaft and was hoping to use a main inner shaft from an s107g on it, but it's not long enough. Will have to find one to order somewhere.

CPD
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 7:20 am

hmmm... does she have any play-doh or clay? that'll work too, I think.

(I never really had real play doh much as a kid- way too expensive when you could make it using some recipie my mom had)

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 7:10 am

You can open it up, add plumbers puddy to the front tip, and it should work with putting weight to the front end. Does it even go forward?

CPD
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 6:48 am

I don't blame her- I un-speedmoded my red 107, and I think I wasted my time on the plastic lower half of the frame. Just too unstable, and too fast to fly without crashing.

The tail rotor from my hybrid 107 on it gives it enough speed to be just fine, and the lighter weight on the bottom half and no tailboom stabilizers makes it do some odd things.

bvc
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 5:25 am

Yes. She wants it just like it is, except for the TBE it just started doing. I think the shaft is bent. All these parts places shipping from Hong Kong stinks. I've been waiting for weeks for shafts and shaft tops and now have two heli's down.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 4:37 pm

Before I start throwing out more ideas, did you say your daughter doesn't want ANYTHING done to her helicopter? Bvc, I will not back down. I will come up with an idea to make it fly level until the cows come home.

bvc
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 3:27 pm

Old_Iron_Spine said:

Are there any crevices in the front landing gear? Like are there two rods going down the side of the front wheel? Or are there two front wheels side by side?

No. Just single flat things.

bvc
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 3:26 pm

CPD said:

bvc said:

CPD said:

Hey, wait... they should make a police helicopter!

My daughter and I had that conversation. I'm getting a black helizone firebird and she wants a police copter to chase me in. Thing is, mine will be modified and hers will not! Cool

NOICE!

Don't get the firebird, it's just annother 107 that helizone puts a new set of plastic parts on. Better off painting a new 107 black and use a silver paint marker to pinstripe and add "chrome" to it.

As for the police heli, get the s018g blackwolf and paint it as wanted. They're really cheap because nobody wants them for some reason and they're an earlier model.

I'd rather not paint, and if I did everything would be black Cool. Instead of paying 13-18 for all the black pieces it seems smarter to get another heli for 30. Wink

s018g? I've seen the s018 but not in gyro, which is why I thought they were cheap. Still, the way I see it is my yellow s107g becomes parts or the crazy mod tester Laugh .

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 2:13 pm

Old_Iron_Spine said:

You can rip them off, I did on my cobra. Well,I actually didn't have a choice, one broke off so I pulled off the other. Now it flys forward very slowly without me making it. It makes it easier to land kinda. 🙂 you can try it, it won't hurt. And you should be able to snap them back on.

Do the landing gear wheels turn?

I can't rip them off. It's my daughters and she wants to keep it. It's actually one piece.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SYMA-S.....3a6f1f0881

Being curious as I am, I will probably take it a part, take it off, test to see if it solves the backward drift, then put it back on for her.

The landing gear wheels do not turn. (end bvc post)

Old_Iron_Spines post: I see… You could always keep the tail fins on and just cut them in half lol. It really doesn't look like you've changed anything on it, my cobra looks fine. The real one has tail fins, but the real one also doesn't have slices through it lol. Are there any crevices in the front landing gear? Like are there two rods going down the side of the front wheel? Or are there two front wheels side by side?

CPD
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 2:05 pm

bvc said:

CPD said:

My daughter and I had that conversation. I'm getting a black helizone firebird and she wants a police copter to chase me in. Thing is, mine will be modified and hers will not! Cool

NOICE!

Don't get the firebird, it's just annother 107 that helizone puts a new set of plastic parts on. Better off painting a new 107 black and use a silver paint marker to pinstripe and add "chrome" to it.

As for the police heli, get the s018g blackwolf and paint it as wanted. They're really cheap because nobody wants them for some reason and they're an earlier model.

Guests
January 18, 2012 - 1:56 pm

Maybe add a BB, or two, or three in the nose, instead of removing weight from the rear of your heli, just to see if that's the problem BVC! Laugh

bvc
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 12:28 pm

CPD said:

bvc
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 12:26 pm

drewdane said:

but it does seem to be a characteristic of the type. The fact that Syma slotted them indicates that they probably got some benefit out of it. If they didn't, I'm sure they wouldn't have molded that way. It's a more complex mold, and makes it look a little less like a real MH-68.

My thoughts exactly.

bvc
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 12:24 pm

Old_Iron_Spine said:

You can rip them off, I did on my cobra. Well,I actually didn't have a choice, one broke off so I pulled off the other. Now it flys forward very slowly without me making it. It makes it easier to land kinda. 🙂 you can try it, it won't hurt. And you should be able to snap them back on.

Do the landing gear wheels turn?

I can't rip them off. It's my daughters and she wants to keep it. It's actually one piece.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SYMA-S.....3a6f1f0881

Being curious as I am, I will probably take it a part, take it off, test to see if it solves the backward drift, then put it back on for her.

The landing gear wheels do not turn.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 9:16 am

That would be funny! Hahaha! I really wanna see a helicopter tug of war hahaha!

CPD
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 6:54 am

Lol!

How hillarious would it be to have a syma s120g Bell 412 with flashing red/blue lights and white spotlight?

Hitting the blades give me an idea...

anybody got enough junk helis that you can battle with them?

Heck, make a shroud for the blades to protect them, (take a balance bar, remove the weights, and put plastic on there from 2 liter bottles) then put a pencil on the bottom, and start jousting! LOL!!!!!!!1!!!

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 4:54 am

Lol, they'll send in a blue 107 with a speaker on it, and if you don't pull over, they'll hit your rotor blades :O little do they know, you can go faster cause of the mods!

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5