Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Syma 107C Camera Discussion
Catch-all for discussion on the 107C camera and micro-sd card
leadsled
Guests
December 11, 2012 - 12:56 pm

CKourouklis said
Thank you, Sir!

Having reviewed the 800g thread, there's one other item I can add, perhaps to your disappointment: the 107C shares its remote with the 800, albeit not allowing for any lateral movement on the throttle stick.

Having bent these big mitts of mine to fine detail work for my main hobby, plastic modeling, I find the trade fairly even - you lose the nice meaty gripping surface of the 107/107g remote, but you do gain the wider, more generous tips of the control sticks.  I may also have the advantage of relatively short exposure to the first remote before stepping up to the second.

Actually, the S107C remote is larger than the S800G  remote.

I feel it is much better than  the one that came with my S107G.  I can fly much better with the C remote.

Unfortuantely, my S800G was a dud, but I tried the remote with the S107G & C and it seemed alright, although a bit smaller.

My camera got ruined on it's maiden flight.  Got tangled with a curtain and it crashed  into the dog's water bowl.  The helicopter is fine but camera unresponsive.

I put a 1GB card into it before flying to avoid any problems with the original card.  I tried putting it into my card reader after the crash and got nothing, nor would my phone recognize it.  Tried a new card in the camera, and no lights or anything.

Hoping it is just the camera, and not a problem with the connection on helicopter.  Have a new one on order, so we'll see.

cpo
Guests
December 9, 2012 - 2:00 am

I went ahead and returned it (thanks to Amazon's fantastic return policy).  I figured there is no sense messing around with it since it hasn't worked properly since I pulled it out of the box. I sent it back and ordered an S109G to give to my son for his birthday. I am shy of another camera model for the moment, but really liked the heli outside of that.  My son showed great interest in learning to fly (that was the point really), so now he's getting the Apache to learn on, and I decided to go with a 4-channel FP to challenge my own abilities (WLtoys V911). 

I'm bummed it didn't work out of the box...but at least it showed me that we will enjoying RC Heli flying....

Syma Freak
Admin
December 6, 2012 - 11:38 am
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sorry you are right missed you had tried another card Embarassed I do a far bit of fpv on planes and quads and have experienced a lot of camera problems..some with bad solder joints,others just dud cameras..that could be your problem,strange tho if you hand hold with no movement of heli you get some seconds of video..makes me think a bad connection or some overheating..hard to determine-will look into it further

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

cpo
Guests
December 5, 2012 - 11:09 pm

Syma Freak said 

There is a post above "Then on a whim, I swapped in the micro SD card from my phone, and lo and behold, we were making movies.  I've since popped in a new 8GB micro SD, and so far, so good."Have you checked that out?

Yes. Thanks. I mentioned this, but you may have missed it:  "I have tried reformatting the stock card, and also tried using another quality 2GB card. Result is the same with both."  

Several test flights later, and I still can't get video in flight. I *can* however seem to get video if I hand hold, but just a few seconds and it freezes. Also, it seems every time I try and take a photo, the light just hangs. I think I may have just gotten a bad camera with mine...

Syma Freak
Admin
December 5, 2012 - 5:48 pm

cpo said
Still strange.  Just did an entire flight with turning video on/off periodically.  Red light comes on and off as expected.  The strange thing is that if I use the picture button, it comes on red, but stays on for a long time.  Something is not right. After the flight...no pictures or video. Ugh.

There is a post above "Then on a whim, I swapped in the micro SD card from my phone, and lo and behold, we were making movies.  I've since popped in a new 8GB micro SD, and so far, so good."Have you checked that out?

cpo
Guests
December 5, 2012 - 1:37 pm

Still strange.  Just did an entire flight with turning video on/off periodically.  Red light comes on and off as expected.  The strange thing is that if I use the picture button, it comes on red, but stays on for a long time.  Something is not right. After the flight...no pictures or video. Ugh.

cpo
Guests
December 5, 2012 - 8:50 am

{EDIT:  Now that I have posted....I am getting erratic results. I have been able to get some photos, and just a smidge of one video...even though I recorded several videos. It leaves me confused.}

Hello.  Very new S107C owner here...as in it just arrived today. This is my first RC Helicopter (other than a 2 channel I got for Christmas one time that I could never get to leave the ground).  

Anyway...learning to fly this little copter, and it's been great fun.  I wish I could fly longer at one time, but I bet we all wish that! 

My problem is the camera.  It doesn't seem to actually record video or photos.  I have tried reformatting the stock card, and also tried using another quality 2GB card. Result is the same with both.  After a flight where I tried both test images and videos, there are none to be found on the SD Card.

The camera will write the folder structure.  I can see the following folders on my memory card:

__ DCIMG

VIDEO

__ DVREC

However, there are no videos or images in those folders.  The fact that the folders exist after a fresh format tells me the card can be seen by the camera and written to.  

During the testing, I can get the red light to come on after pressing the video button.  Pressing it again causes the red light to go off. (This is all in flight of course.)  I can't figure out why its not saving the video though.  

When I try still photos, the red light stays on (much longer than I expected) and may be hanging up.  Not sure. 

I was hoping someone here has experienced something similar and could offer some advice. BTW...my method of accessing the SD card is to pull it and use a card reader on my computer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Oh...and here's a photo as I wait for another charge. 

Image Enlarger

Syma Freak
Admin
October 14, 2012 - 7:42 pm

I moved your post to here as will help you and others,great info on the 107C here

Rudolfjose
Guests
October 14, 2012 - 1:23 am

I cannot see any picture I take. Every time I connect my camera to my PC it shows it as a drive. Where can I download drivers for this.

Best regards.

Ragnyr
Guests
October 9, 2012 - 4:41 am

I found a similar effect with my 107, because it is out side the ir sensor will not pick up a signal if the sensor is not in align with transmitter. Inside that is not a problem as the signal gets bounced off the walls . No wall or ceiling outside so easy to lose signal.

At least that is my theory unless there is another reason I am not aware of

nickden
Guests
October 8, 2012 - 6:13 pm

The last weekend I was in my resort house and I had the opportunity to flight every day because I have spendit place outside.I take with me also the S107C with cam in the sunset without wind very very calm I fly this Heli 3-4 sec in the air and then fallen down like it loose the signal the transmitter has new batteries calm afternoon no sun at all ,and every time I try a flight exactly the same happen.Is anyone explain to me why? Does Syma Copters flies outdoor in calm days or not?any comment welcome

nickden
Guests
September 30, 2012 - 5:36 pm

I have both Copters lately I'm testing the S800G many times and this is my conclusion.Im not gonna talk for the extra channel that 800 has because this will be unfair,Im gonna compare all the other futures.MOTOR/800 got a very powerfull motor it's more faster than the 107.BATERY/800 last more than the 107 .SPEED

As I told you before 800 it's faster than 107,CONTROLLING/ 800 is more difficult to control it due to the speed and the fast reaction of the controls.

DURABILITY/both of them have very good construction not easy damage

PRICE/ 800 more expensive than 107.Pilot skills/800 need more skill than 107 which is for my opinion the best Copter for Amateurs.CONCLUSION.You are the conclusion according to your needs.I Am go to order a second 800g. PS.transmitter 107 has a much better transmitter than the small and very cheap on the construction 800.Syma company should re analysied the transmitter for 800 and produce one 2.4 which will be ideal for that fantastic Copter.

Syma Freak
Admin
September 30, 2012 - 5:20 pm

Nickden,great information.I was going to do a review on the Syma 107C but decided there was such great information from CKourouklis,CPD,and now yourself to maybe leave it just on the forum..thanks again all of you for your input on the Syma S107C

nickden
Guests
September 30, 2012 - 12:34 am

Very nice flight,I'm using the transmitter of the S107G

nickden
Guests
September 30, 2012 - 12:28 am

CKourouklis said

Hello, All.  Just joined and did a reasonably comprehensive search, couldn't find a thread already established on this - if there is one and a mod wanted to redirect me and junk this topic, that'd be fine.

I'ma start off a little more bone-headed than some of you guys busting out the soldering irons and hot-rodding your birds.  My prospective stepdaughters, one in particular, have found these copters pretty addictive and by association, so have I.  Ordered three for us to play with on vacation, and I took the one without Syma logos on the box (from Amazon too, oops).  Mine, presumably a clone, was a little noisier and coarser - comparatively sluggish on fore-aft, but surprisingly, a little crisper on right-left than the authentic Symas.

All of which is the set-up leading me to try out a 107C, and the reason I started this thread.  All-'round, it's considerably more refined than my yellow clone.  As you likely know, the remote's set up a bit differently, and even as a novice, I appreciate the absence of a spring on the throttle and the vernier trim relocated to a fingertip dial on the side, just right of the directional collective.

Its flight is pretty smooth and idiot-proof (as intensely idiotic as I get, I can attest), and in its initial 15 or so flights, there hasn't been any problem there.  No matter how you switch up the channels, the copter has been quick to recognize the remote from the git, and the camera appears not to have a huge effect on its response and performance.

The camera itself was a bit slower and fussier at first; took some time for it to recognize the video trigger on the right and the still on the left.  Then it got to a point where the red indicator pin-light on the bottom started flashing and the camera refused to shoot at all - usually, it's on continuously as the video rolls, and off when you're not shooting.

Was the card full? Possibly. I tried archiving the videos and deleting them from the card, and sure enough, the card looks empty when you open it on a computer.  But the camera light still flashed when I put it back in.

Because the camera was a little tricky to plug in and seat under the landing gear, I tried exhausting the battery to see if a power-off reset would do the trick.  No dice on that, so I carefully unseated the camera and tried unplugging and re-plugging it back to the copter.  Still had the indicator flash.

Then on a whim, I swapped in the micro SD card from my phone, and lo and behold, we were making movies.  I've since popped in a new 8GB micro SD, and so far, so good.

A flying camera for under fifty bucks mandates cost considerations, and I'm guessing the budgie was trimmed a little at the supplier of the 512MB cards.  After shooting about twelve short segments, the li'l C apparently decided it didn't like its original chip, and it seems quite content with replacements - though I think I may re-check the factory SD on another computer to make sure it's not somehow still clogged with data.

If it's a defective SD card, I'm not saying yours will necessarily have a problem.  But if you start seeing that flashing indicator, you might want to start by ejecting and re-seating your SD chip, and then experiment with other micro SD cards if the re-installation of your factory 512 doesn't work.

Video Below

Τα πολλα λόγια ειναι φτώχια.this is a flight of the S107C HD cam on board on this site I have upload a video taken from this Helicopter please comment both.Φιλε στην Αμφιαλη κατοικω.

Supernova
Guests
September 29, 2012 - 4:16 am

Excellent flying skill Sir!!! Must be the best control I have seen. But the landing, well we all do that sometimeWink

Brillent video !!!!!!! and the stripy cat never flinched Wink

nickden
Guests
September 28, 2012 - 8:42 pm

Syma Freak said

You look very relaxed in that chair flying the Syma S107C ..Great to see!! More videos please!!!

Thank you very much for your comments I'm feeling good while I'm flying indoor now I will start my outdoors flights and you will watch more videos .Thank you again

Syma Freak
Admin
September 28, 2012 - 5:14 pm

You look very relaxed in that chair flying the Syma S107C ..Great to see!! More videos please!!!

CPD
Guests
September 28, 2012 - 1:49 am

Looks good!

nickden
Guests
September 27, 2012 - 2:54 am

This is the first flight of S107C with on board cam was very easy Ito install the cam if you read the manual first.As you can see from the video the eyes of the little bird seeing very clear the flight area.I really enjoy very much.

feature=youtu.be

Please follow the link on YouTube to watch the video.Sorry for the dress but in Athens Greece the outside temp was 35 degrees Celsius.

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5