Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S108G will not take a charge ?
Tags: Syma X9
John
Guests
December 5, 2011 - 9:58 am

Found the Army AH-64 on the UK site.

Apparantly it's the year 2010 upgrade of the s009 and now carries the code s009G.

Reading back my last post to you have found that for some reason the forum will not allow the complete url but you will find the s113G 'Medium Apache' in RC Fever if you search. 

good luck,

John

John
Guests
December 5, 2011 - 9:44 am

Sorry about that link – yes, it doesn't work.

Found the RC Fever site with 'my model' advertised. Try this :

http://www.rc-fever.com/syma-s.....37_669_189

John
Guests
December 5, 2011 - 9:35 am

The Syma s113G 'Medium Apache' would appear to be so new that nobody on YouTube has one yet !

This is a better describing Amazon UK page :

ie=UTF8&qid=1323037671&sr=1-3

best wishes.Surprised

John
Guests
December 5, 2011 - 9:24 am

Think we have 2 different models here !

Your links have taken me to an 'Army AH-64' which indeed is $15

Check out the UK Amazon site here :

tag=syma107heli-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002MUC3G0

which is a completely different looking model and is brand new,costing £30 here in the UK or about equiv. $45

BTW,  30 centimetres in length is about 12" or 1 foot long  i.e about 50% longer than my S108G.

I haven't looked at You Tube yet but that could be fun.

cheers.

CPD
Guests
December 5, 2011 - 7:03 am

That's a HUGE indoor heli!!!

That thing would take up such a large room to fly, it'd be just very hard to fly without wrecking.

I was half considering the regular size apache, except for how much more expensive it is than most of the others.

EDIT:

found it online– actually only 30 cm, or 6", and indoor=outdoor

http://www.symas113g.com/store.....B001O271YG

http://www.symas113g.com/

On sale now for $15us!

John
Guests
December 4, 2011 - 11:45 pm

You're right, the 113 is described as a 'medium Apache'  Now I know why. I think that it's only for indoor use so Father Christmas might be kind to me. I'll check out Utube as you suggest.Wink

CPD
Guests
December 4, 2011 - 10:26 am

Personally, I haven't heard of it yet, but they've had an s023g (I think that's the number) large apache for a while now.

I'd say look it up on youtube, and wait until there's some reviews. Besides, it's so close to winter, you'll not really have good weather for it. Don't know how the weather is where you are, but I'd wait until april or may, so the march winds die down.

But, I'm guessing it's an improved version of the venerable apache, so it should be very good.

John
Guests
December 4, 2011 - 3:29 am

hello Guys,

Have just read a number of the other 'intro's with great interest.

Has anyone had experience of the new S113G   ( the one with the big grin ! )

Noted that in the uk Amazon it's priced at £30, equiv. to  about $45,Confused I think but advantage seems that instead of being about 20cm long, it's 30cm long, about 12" in English !

Would be interested if anyone has experience before I commit ?

John

John
Guests
December 4, 2011 - 2:54 am

Update is that the 108G was bought a month ago through Amazon. Made a claim to seller who is sending a replacement USB lead in post on Monday. Result !Cool

Thanks all,

John

John
Guests
December 1, 2011 - 11:12 pm

Hi folks,

Thanks a million.  The problem is the lead because I have just borrowed one from a friend and the light has gone out on this one indication that it is charging. Horray ! I feared that the problem could have been inside the heli. The plug is rectangular & yellow.

Thanks for the link to buy a replacement USB lead. Thanks also for the tip re switching on the remote to get the charge from there.

Best wishes all

JohnSmile

Syma Freak
Admin
December 1, 2011 - 5:22 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

There were some usb cables that i have noted that were faulty and light never came on,could have been your problem-they are about $5 from RcFever does your plug input on heli round or square? helps me work out the problem-i have opened the usb part that fits into computer and re soldered joints,not something i recommend unless you know what you are doing-keep us posted

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

CPD
Guests
December 1, 2011 - 4:29 am

I just meant for Syma Freak to figure out.

I didn't mean if it got left on the charger, I meant the on switch.

It'll be fine, I think, if left on the charger, except the charger might melt. (there's a photo on amazon of somebody's usb melting.

Oh, and you have to remember to turn the remote on if you charge from that-it's not automatic.

I also just thought of something-- my s102 has a different charger from my 107, and the last time I used it, I thought it wasn't charging, but it would light up if I bumped the usb part of the cord. I think there might be a poor quality batch of charger cords.

Try out a few things and see.

John
Guests
December 1, 2011 - 4:18 am

Thanks CPD,

Yes, it did get left on charge but thats because previously the light came back on to the USB plug when the charge was full and stopped charging.. That did not happen on this occasion

" over to SF to figure out " - what's that  ( excuse my ignorance as a newcomer.

again, many thanks

J.

CPD
Guests
December 1, 2011 - 3:37 am

What I know is if it's left on accidentally, it'll happen. It's easy after a flight to forget to turn it off if you run it down to as close to pure dead as possbible. After that, look and see if there's not a wire broken somewhere to the battery. Then, I guessturn it over to SF to figure out...

That's what I'd say. Not having those kinds of problems, but might be of some use...

John
Guests
November 30, 2011 - 9:16 am

The usb charger lights but does not go out when connected to heli. No charge getting through. Have also tried the controller lead to charge. No result. Can someone advise me please. Thanks, John

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2