Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Compare the Syma S107G with the competition please!
Tags: Syma X9
Highlife
Guests
April 29, 2011 - 6:02 am

@Craig. The transition to the Blade is going smoothly. I initially got it to fly outdoors with 2.4G but it only weighs 28 grams. If someone sneezes nearby it affects it. Great indoor flyer but really too fast for the size of my living room. Waiting for the calm days this summer. Hope this helps.

@Syma Freak. Sorry to hear about the 450. I've got a clone on order from HK. Total cost for all parts and kit is $115 US. Figured if I wreck it badly it won't hurt the pocket so much. I'll let you know how it goes.

Highlife

Syma Freak
Admin
April 25, 2011 - 1:35 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

@ Highlife, @ Craig,sorry late reply guys,Do not have a Novus-found this link on them-link- not really the greatest to buy. Here is a link on the Blade I have a few Nine Eagles helis-link I like them and their remotes as can change from mode 1-or 2, my real favorite is Walkera-link my advice is to join a few forums before you spend hard earnt cash to get info on different makes-Have heard Syma is looking into 4 ch helis-A real cheap heli is the drift king still a infra red remote so no good outside.

Here is a link to a great forum RCgroups -research and chatting with heli guys can save one a lot of lost cash-

My Easter was a disaster for a friend of mine,was flying my friendsT-Rex 450 Pro-this baby is about $1000 to buy,had my dog with me as always,she decided I was not giving her enough attention and jumped on me.I slipped over and promptly crashed the T-Rex into a fence in the park-So here I am trying to repair it for my mate-he was not real happy-moral of the story,you can not take your eye off when flying-or better still keep your dog on a lead Here is a link to theT-Rex, just so you can see the work to do on this fantastic bird(main rotor assembly smashed big time) lucky my mate still talks to me-lol

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

craigp7971
Guests
April 23, 2011 - 7:42 am

@ Highlife, I think I am ready to take on the fourth channel (yaw and roll).  So it sounds like you stepped from the s107 to the Blade MSR. How did the transition go? I have been thinking about the MSR as well but wondering if I should go with the Blade MCX or a Novus CX as my next step. Thats why I am hoping you can give me some insight on your transition. I am going to look here in a minute and see if Syma makes a micro 4 or 5 channel heli. I really love my S107 and fly it everyday. I am doing it the right way this time because 4 years ago I bought a Blade CP because it looked so easy to fly on videos. I practiced and basically destroyed the $220 heli and have been intimidated ever since until I discovered this S107. But anyway, I hope you reply.

@Symafreak, what do you recommend I do, seeing that I am ready for a slightly more advanced heli. What did you do?

Thanks you guys, this sight is fantastic!

Craig

Highlife
Guests
April 19, 2011 - 12:28 pm

@Craig, I have thoroughly enjoyed my S107. First heli I got. I wanted to transition to greater control and bought the E-Flite Blade mSr. Big difference but that's not my point. Having to wait for cooling and charging, I just didn't get enough air time. I looked at the Blades battery configuration and went to work on the 107. I removed the stock LiPo and soldered in an E-Flite battery pigtail. At first I just velcroed the 120 mAh 14C to the bottom for flight testing. It worked great after some balancing issues but I finally found the sweet spot. I've since reamed the canopy attaching points so the screws will just snap in. The screws are held to the canopy with a dab of epoxy. The batteries from E-Flite are about $6, but I have found Turnigy 150mAh for as little as $2. With a handful of batteries I can get tired of flying before they run out. Average flight time on the 120's is around 9 minutes. I'm also looking for tail blades with more pitch for quicker fore/aft movement. The 107 unmodded is a blast but I just can't help going for bigger, better, faster.

Ps. Any crash you don't have to walk away from is a good one.

Syma Freak
Admin
April 13, 2011 - 4:00 pm

craigp7971 said:

When I read the review on the S110 what do they mean by "brake for easy landings"?

And I think Thursday I will order one, I just don't know if I should get a red or orange one. I am horrible at making decisions! Your right, I couldn't find one on Amazon, will have to order it from RCFever. I am wondering if it is a little faster forward flight than the S107. Any comment?

Yes is faster as lighter-same tail motor as S107,turns quicker as well-think "brake for easy landing" means landing skids like the Syma 107 has,on the S110G they are flexi plastic,creates a really light heli

You can buy through RcFever here for $20,check to see if usb cable supplied,I do not think it is,your S107cable should do ok

This heli is not madly out for sale everywhere because newly realeased so not many sellers,at least that means no fakes yet!Laugh

craigp7971
Guests
April 13, 2011 - 12:18 pm

Better yet I will buy it from your site if you have it available. I just read your comment about buying from your blog keeps the site going and I will be more than happy to do that.

Like I said before, this site is excellent!

craigp7971
Guests
April 13, 2011 - 11:37 am

When I read the review on the S110 what do they mean by "brake for easy landings"?

And I think Thursday I will order one, I just don't know if I should get a red or orange one. I am horrible at making decisions! Your right, I couldn't find one on Amazon, will have to order it from RCFever. I am wondering if it is a little faster forward flight than the S107. Any comment?

Syma Freak
Admin
April 12, 2011 - 6:09 pm

@craigp7971 Guess what my mad fellow heli flyer and plane freak came back from China today as works with overseas air company and buys me the latest helis and planes real cheap- He bought me a S110G-Wooo being flying and just did a quick review, bit early but could not help myself-early days yet, want to get 50 flights and crashes before I say buy it-but hey I like it!! charges fairly quickly,be interesting to see battery life!

Not sure if a fake need to wait for my order from RcFever to compare,guess 5 days away-SF

Quick review on Syma S110G Here

Syma Freak
Admin
April 12, 2011 - 2:55 pm

@craigp7971 I must admit have not bought the S-110G,length only 13.3cm.we say the S107 is small,the S110 is micro-but what a great looking

Image Enlarger

heli-have just put order in with RcFever-for $20 I have to have one -As soon as I get this little bird will write a review on it-could be 2 weeks away-

Thank you for the nice comment on my site-I am glad people that love Symas get some help from my site-keep posting buddy-

hey you got me buying another Syma-have also just got the Coast Guard Rescue Syma S111G-nice heli but plastic design,that is why the syma S107 and the S110G have aluminium air frames-easier to repair and a lot stronger.

Keep posting craigp7971 much appreciate the input

SF

craigp7971
Guests
April 12, 2011 - 8:31 am

Do any of you have the new S-110G? I am thinking of ordering one.

I have had Airhog Havoc Heli's and am always disappointed. A so-called new and improved Havoc-Heli would come out and I would be further disappointed. They are in constant forward motion. The newest one added forward motion via the controller so I bought one thinking it would hover. Wrong! Constant forward motion puts you in panic mode wondering what wall or plant am I going to collide with. My wife is constantly yelling "watch my plants!"  So I stop using it all together. About a month ago I saw a commercial with Air hogs new "Pocket Copter".

This time I was smart enough to review the "Pocket Copter" online. That is when I discovered the "Syma S-107". And its cheaper than a Havoc Heli!

I HAVE BEEN FLYING MY SYMA S-107 EVERYDAY SINCE I GOT IT! NO MORE WIFE YELLING! NO MORE DUCKING AND "WATCH OUT!"  I LOVE IT!

I thought I would have to spend over a hundred dollars on a micro E-Flite Blade to be able to hover. I am amazed at how well constructed this thing is. It is absolutely fantastic! Spare parts on-line.

So, don't let the Havoc-Heli discourage you from flying. Order a Syma S-107. Its cheaper and such a blast! You have complete control right from lift-off!

And make sure you put this website in your "favorites" list! This is the best Syma S-107 site there is! Excellent reference!

Craig

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5