Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
20cm range to my S107g
Tags: Syma X9
Rigsby
Guests
January 25, 2012 - 5:30 am

Thanks for your support and suggestions folks.

I'll make some time later this week to take it back to bare bones and have a bloody good look.

Of course I'll post here to let you know what I discover or achieve.

Got to go for sausage and mash now.

Cheers

Phil

CPD
Guests
January 25, 2012 - 1:36 am

on that note, I suggest completely removing the screw behind the charging thingy. Its not neccesary and is just a pain in the butt.

Syma Freak
Admin
January 24, 2012 - 2:43 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

You might need to open up the remote,there is also a screw hidden-in fact here is a video that will help you open remote - here 6 screws to remove.Then have a good look around for wires not soldered or dry solder joints(not really shiny).

You might just find the problem- also check wires on heli all soldered and nothing floating around- let us all know

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

CPD
Guests
January 24, 2012 - 7:33 am

there was annother person with a similar problem, but I don't exactly remember their circumstances.

Could be anything from a loose wire in the remote, a bad connection in the heli, to who knows what, or could be as simple as bad batteries in the remote.

It could be something interfering, if it's a particularly sensitive heli or something, although I have yet to hear of any, it could be just getting interfered with.

Rigsby
Guests
January 24, 2012 - 4:53 am

Thanks for replying SymaFreak

Yes the rotors turn and the helo immediately heads for the ceiling.  If I can follow it at a range of less than 20cm it is working fine, just not very practical.

Holding the helo in one hand and operating the controller with the other I can see the left / right / forward / reverse signals are all being received fine.

What I really need is to try my controller / helo against another to see where the fault lies.

Please drop me a line if you hear of other people that have managed to locate the source of the problem.

Thanks again

Phil

Syma Freak
Admin
January 23, 2012 - 2:20 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

So rotors are turning ok? Is she lifting off the ground? Check this video to see if this your problem

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Rigsby
Guests
January 23, 2012 - 8:33 am

Hello all

My S107g Christmas present worked well for the first 5 minutes out of the box. After a crashing for the 5th or 6th time it had apparently stopped working completely. It turns out that all 3 channels still work but only over a distance of 6 - 8 inches. I've changed batteries, recharged the helo checked for broken wires in the helo and the controller but have found nothing. If anyone has had similar trouble or can point me along a path yet untrodden towards a solution I would be a happy armchair pilot again.

Many thanks for reading.

Phil C

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9