Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
s107 shuts off
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
September 1, 2011 - 10:50 am
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

@Stan well done you got your Syma flying again-sounds like you could be correct about the gears-did you push them back into place to mesh ok?

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

stan
Guests
August 28, 2011 - 2:15 am

i've managed to fix the problem. i still have no idea what was wrong, but i took it apart and unscrewed the motor from the chassis and the rotors seemed to spin normally. then i just screwed everything back together and it was all as good as new. my suspicion is that one of the gears got knocked out of its place and the board must have some mechanism that shuts itself off if the gears are stuck?

stan
Guests
August 27, 2011 - 5:02 pm

Hi, I got my Gyro Star (Syma) s107 today and it flew well for most of the day, but after a few crashes, it just won't work now. Cry I think it's due to an electrical issue.

After a full charge I turn on the power on both the transmitter and the heli. The green led indicates that it's synced with the transmitter. However, when I try to lift, the rotor starts up for less than a second before the entire unit shuts off (no green led's, no front leds's). After I turn off/on both the heli and transmitter it just repeats the same behavior again. Any ideas on what this could be? Maybe something was shorted out? I'm willing to take it apart and check it out for myself, just need to know what to look for.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! 

Edit: the PCB says it's a S107R5 

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9