Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
running start!
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
December 20, 2011 - 7:52 am

I tried lifting a plastic 1/48 UH-1B model with the 53.5, and it wouldn't lift it...

🙁

Will try the temporary larger blades I made, even if they're not balanced...

Supernova
Guests
December 20, 2011 - 3:58 am

What it the heaviest weight lifted so far? I can just do a biro pen Laugh

Syma Freak
Admin
December 19, 2011 - 3:07 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Gee, you guys are so much fun to read your posts and how you fly your Syma 107,as always blows me away on your learning curves of flying the Syma107- maybe we could organize flying videos on YouTube- happy to post them to my YouTube Syma site

let me know-SF Laugh

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

CPD
Guests
December 19, 2011 - 9:54 am

My little house isn't that good, but I do it all the time with the counter- set it near the edge, hit full foreward, and try to hit it straight up before it crashes to the ground. Very fun!

What takes skill is to put it near the ceiling, drop it to full off, then full up near the bottom so it shoots back up, but start high enough it doesn't crash into the floor at high speed, then try not to hit the ceiling again!

Wingnut79
Guests
December 19, 2011 - 7:36 am

I can see that... 

Lots of space here in Texas, my favorite place to fly my heli so far is at work during my lunch-- I work in a manufacturing facility that's basically one HUGE warehouse. There's a lot of currents and drafts which add a bit of challenge but makes flying around MUCH more interesting.

symajaded
Guests
December 19, 2011 - 7:24 am

Thats one thing I liked about the fake syma, the landing gear at the front was curved up more. I could just about stand it right on its nose, get it sliding across the floor, then nail the throttle

Supernova
Guests
December 19, 2011 - 7:06 am

Hmm that is ok with a big room, but here in the UK we have small houses but that makes for better control because in a small space the learning curve builds a mean flyer.

My flying room is 12 ft x 12 ft.

Wingnut79
Guests
December 19, 2011 - 5:09 am

I have found a new "trick" of sorts.... I'm calling it a running start.

Wind up your heli at one end of a somewhat long table, to where it's almost lifting it's self up-- but not quite. Throttle it forward where the tail is lifting up but the front of the skids remain on the table and it slides forward. When you play around with this technique you can make the heli "run" across the table and drop off the end, giving more juice to the main props as soon as the heli drops off. If done correctly, the heli will have a steep forward tilt when leaving the table and really zip across the room before it levels out and slows down.  

I'll see what I can do about getting a video uploaded on youtube later today with a demonstration....

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2