Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Older Syma models
Looking for a few oldies but goodies! Looking for a few oldies but goodies
SymaGuru
Members
October 3, 2016 - 5:11 pm
Forum Posts: 32
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Well I would have a S022 for sale on the page if you made it. I got a pair of new S34 on the way and I'm letting the S022 go when it gets here. It flies as good as new. Which is to say it has a learning curve not having a gyro. It's fun but not a beginer coaxial. I have another S34 and the board is bad. The thing won't get off the ground with that board. I bought the old S022 used and cheap just to test the new motors that I had just installed in the S34 without it helping with the original board.  I put the S022 board in the rebuilt S34 and it flew fine. Put the S34 board in the used S022 body and it had the same problem. Something isn't right with that board.

The used S022 I want to sell has new motors and blades installed and I got 2 good stock 7.4V 500mah lipo's to go with it. Whoever buys it can have the original S022 all green body or the used S34 camo body. Buyer's choice. $30 plus shipping. 

Syma Freak
Admin
October 3, 2016 - 3:53 pm
Forum Posts: 1452

Do you think me worth putting up a post to buy old Syma helis, or would I just be giving myself grief.I am not flushed with cash, but just thinking out side the square as a bit of a collector.. we might be on to something.. maybe I am just a dreamer in a way.. but can see a interesting concept here.Look at what old Apple computers sell for. Anyway my madness.

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

SymaGuru
Members
October 2, 2016 - 4:57 pm

I'll be buying a couple of the used S023G on eBay as soon as I get my Refund from Amazon on the pair I got burned on or my Blade 350 QX2 sells on eBay. 

SymaGuru
Members
October 2, 2016 - 4:49 pm

With the S038G Cobra for sale on linparts.com they are only asking $55. By the time I paid for shipping and some other fees that are silly I have about $88 USD in it shipped to me. Linparts.com has a good selection of other hard to find syma's and syma parts. Not dirt cheap but not the highest prices I've seen. I won't really know if they are trustworthy until my S038G arrives. 

SymaGuru
Members
October 2, 2016 - 4:38 pm

Yes a ripoff really but I want 1 more of each for parts. Still cheaper paying almost 90 than buying all the parts separate. Plus I can't find spare boards at all. The one on Amazon for $85 is a no go. I bought 2 from BIGFLY and got a pair of S108G in the mail. The guy doesn't even have any. Any other pages you find on Google searching all lead right back to the same Amazon shipper who burned me twice. Except the few S023G I found on crazydeals.com.au . There is a seller who has 10 of these used for $40 USD plus shipping on eBay. 

Syma Freak
Admin
October 1, 2016 - 9:53 pm

Funny you bring that up of old Syma helis.. as I feel they will be collectables, am looking at buying the old ones, finding can buy second hand but they need work, ok with that, look at Star wars, my son has hundreds of figures built up in the last 25 years, value maybe $30,000, the thinking is this, I started this site after buying helis that were crap, my first Syma I was hooked.. wish had kept all old models as they were unique at the time..

Let us maybe see if people would like to get rid of say Syma S023G 3.5 CH Large AH-64 Apache Military Gyro Helicopter - 15 Inches now on Amazon at $85 wow bought mine for half the price, interesting is it not.

SymaGuru
Members
October 1, 2016 - 2:22 pm

The Syma Air Wolf Heli is the S018.

Symahelicopter.com Still has them for sale for $25 US plus shipping. I've delt with them before on four occasions and they have not let me down. 4 for 4 perfect no issues buying from them.

SymaGuru
Members
October 1, 2016 - 2:00 pm

If you buy one of these be forwarded. Good chance the battery will be dead and gone. Any older 27mhz Syma was last made in 2012 and these are now 4 yr old stock. Lipo's don't like sitting dicharged for years as everyone knows. Be ready to buy a new Lipo from day one. 

SymaGuru
Members
October 1, 2016 - 1:48 pm

I looked everywhere the last day looking to find any of these still for sale and found none but I did find 2 older and expensive 7.4V 27mhz military helicopters for sale. Anyone looking for a S023G for sale? Found one on Amazon and a dozen other places linking to this Amazon drop shipper BIGFLY. I bought 2. I got two S108G in the mail and this seller really doesn't have any. Can't send me replacements. Just a refund. 

That leaves only one place I can find a new S023G Apache for sale but I can't buy it. They don't ship to me. Crazysales.com.au has the last new S023G in the original packaging for sale anywhere that I can find. Your in luck if you live in Australia. I'll have to settle for used on eBay.

The other one I need a second of is the extremely rare S038G. This is the large Cobra gunship and is about the same size as the S023G and S301G and is a 7.4V heli. Linparts.com in China still has some of these and they ship worldwide! And they take Pay-Pal! Got 1 on the way. Camo only. They are sold out of the gray version. I prefer camo and that's what I already have. Same with my S036G and S34. Don't care for the all grey versions but that's just me. 

Both are great fliers but being 27mhz they don't have great range and I have lost singnal to every 27mhz Syma I own at one point or another. They say good for about 100ft or 30M but I keep them within 20 yards to 20M or so. I don't push the limits of signal range on these hard to replace long discontinued Syma's. 

Redfive
Guests
April 19, 2016 - 3:28 pm

I have seen a Bell style one in a shop but it was on display only

The following users say thank you to Redfive for this useful post:

Syma Freak
Syma Freak
Admin
April 12, 2016 - 2:26 pm

I will see if I can find one for you

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
April 6, 2016 - 4:10 pm
Forum Posts: 264

Hi Syma pilots!

A little help needed here! I'm looking for the Syma

S030G in blue preferrably, they also made it in red, which would

be OK. Several 030s are out there but Syma did release the 030G,

indicating the gyroscope feature for a short time.This looks like

a real Bell helicopter, often used by police and emergency responders.

I'm also looking for the Coast Guard heli OTHER than the S111.

There are 2 out there:

1 looks like the Bell, mentioned above

1 looks like the TV show Airwolf. 

I cannot find the model numbers of these models. The paint-scheme

is red and white for those of you non-USA members, as our military

Coast Guard flies these colors. Any help would be appreciated!

Again, thanks to all of you for your interest here!

Keep your posts coming in!

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
18 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5