Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
More advanced IR transmitter?
JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
September 16, 2015 - 2:22 am
Forum Posts: 264
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

VMSDA, They are very brand-specific. Syma Tx will not work with WLToys, for example.

Other bad news is there really is no way to increase the signal strength of the remote

or to increase the reception area of the S107 itself. Keeping out of direct sunlight, not

flying near mirrors and flat-screen TVs helps, though. (Plus keeps your household

goods out of danger!)

There is a bright side here. Syma, as a company, is huge! They make their own products as

well as models for other brands. Toys-R-Us and Radio Shack and a few for Wal-Mart. That said,

if it looks like a Syma, disregard the first sentence! The dead-givaway is the shape of the

remote itself. I bought a Helizone Firebird 3 years ago because of the cool graphics and

I prefer to use my S107 remote to fly it. My Syma remote still has a left-stick spring.

Yes, you can use the same remote to fly different IR Symas as well. The 107 Tx will

also fly the S109 Apache and S111 Coast Guard to name a few.

Once you get outdoors, you'll find the same true with the Rx. It will fly most outdoor Syma

(S31,S32,S33, etc) as well as Double-Horse branded products.

Hope this helps! 

vmsda
Guests
September 14, 2015 - 9:18 pm

JamDJ: Thank you for your kind welcome and for your answer to my first question.

As for the second question, I guess what I should have asked was whether any IR transmitter can control any heli, no matter which brand(s) involved.

Thank you again for your support.

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
September 13, 2015 - 12:31 pm
Forum Posts: 264
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Vmsda,

Thanks for your inquiry, and a big welcome to the forum. I'm not sure if

we have anyone for Portugal on here so another great big welcome and thank

you for your interest.

To answer your question, there is no real way to tell if the batteries in the 

transmitter are going bad except if the LED light does not come on when you 

turn on the power to the remote via the switch. If this happens, you have gone

well beyond what 6 AAs can do!   However.......

One thing I have noticed with mine is that the copter will fly irradically and

not respond to my movements on the control sticks. Also the heli gets

"bogged down" on a seemingly normal flight and will drop out of the air for no apparent reason.

Luckily these little guys are tough and can survive hard crashes. Mine quits when I fly it

into a certain corner of a room with no obstacles, TV, lights, etc, and just falls down.

Time to change the controller batteries!

Good news is if you use a good quality battery such as Eveready or Energizer which

we have here in the USA, you should get tons of hours on one set of batteries.

Good luck and safe flying, and please report back often.

Welcome once again!

vmsda
Guests
September 10, 2015 - 6:05 pm

1. How do we know when the stock IR transmitter needs new batteries, does it give any signal?

2. Does anyone know about an IR transmitter capable of working with the S107G, and which could make the heli more responsive and the flying more precise? Thanks for tips.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
19 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2