Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
How to remove decals
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
February 16, 2012 - 2:13 am

seaturtle said:

a clear one would be cool.

They're not that hard to make, all you need is clear plastic sheeting like what it'sm packed with, but larger and flat, and you just bend it as needed, and glue on a bottom if you want.

CPD
Guests
February 16, 2012 - 2:11 am

I don't have my heli with me to look at them, but if they're decals, you should be able to gently scrape them off with an exacto knife by drawing it backwards. (the blade pointing one way, but scraping the other with the edge) This WILL scrape paint off too, though. Best bet, and the safe bet, is to mask off the window/whatever you want saved, and repaint it whatever color you want it to be.

Most lettering is either rubber stamping, heat stamping, painted on, or digitally screen printed. (or at least as far as I know)

I'm guessing they're rubber stamping on these, then the silver and some of the larger black's probably painted on with a template/painting mold. It makes for much higher quality.

Personally, I'd get a couple of the cheapest canopies that are on amazon, and paint them, so it's not one-and-done and you could swap back and forth between yellow, red, blue, black, OD, purple, ogre green, whatever you can think of. (esp if you make the tail fin all black, silver or something like that where it goes with anything)

seaturtle
Guests
February 16, 2012 - 2:08 am

a clear one would be cool.

bvc
Guests
February 16, 2012 - 1:28 am

That's what I was thinking. Another forum said Elmer's goo remover, and I got the impression someone had done it. The finish is consistent across the 'decals' so if they are decals there would have to be a top coat finish and I can't see that being done on these little things. I prefer a plain and simple look and think the decals look cheesy.

CPD
Guests
February 15, 2012 - 2:24 pm

As far as I know, they're painted on.

Trying to think with these, but I think the only way is either scrape the paint off with an exacto knife, or brake fluid to remove the paint.

Never tried to remove decals without wanting to remove the paint too...

bvc
Guests
February 15, 2012 - 1:02 pm

I've tried goo gone. I've heard a blow dryer, but have not tried it yet. Anyone know?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
19 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2