Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Help on ID
Seems a popular question... counterfeit or not???
Syma Freak
Admin
December 2, 2012 - 3:21 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

As have mentioned before..this hobby is addictive,but now within a price range so much cheaper than 30 years ago,and changing fast when you consider electric power and now fpv- what the next few years will bring is mind boggling but exciting. Enjoy the hobby and put your golf clubs in the spare room-lol

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

paulm2822
Guests
December 1, 2012 - 1:06 am

CPD said
Hope you have fun with em!

The box really doesn't mean anything, as long as it has a Syma logo on it. Heck, even then, some of the fakes are getting bold enough or reboxed, and have the syma logo. You should be able to look from the side at the motors, and it should be pretty straight foreward--red/pink and green =fake, black, black and white or white mean real.

As for knowing if it's an older s107 or a s107g, it's unlikely that they have any regular 107's left in yellow, probably selling all of them off years ago now.

I say if it has real motors, give it as a gift. If it has pink/green motors, give it as a gift saying if anything happens to it, you can fix it. The fakes are great helicopters, just their motors have bad brush holders made of inferior plastic. The one motor always goes, but it's a simple $3 fix, and you're up and flying with a heli that's as good if not better than the real ones. If it's a fake, it'll probably break down during christmas break, with one motor being bad, so just order up a replacement for like $3, or whatever the cost is now, and put it in. Might be a safe bet to just buy an A/B set now, and if you don't use them on it, just keep them for yourself. I'm pretty sure the sellers aren't going to take them back after christmas, since it's more than 30 days from whever you bought them, so you're probably better off just taking 5 minutes to repair it if it breaks.

Thanks for the info!!! (CPD & SYMA FREAK)

Look like they're all legit... I'm planning on having a blast with these little guys.... yet my wallet wonders what I'm going to get myself into if I really take to RC heli's LOL Wink

Syma Freak
Admin
November 30, 2012 - 6:17 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Well explained CPD

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

CPD
Guests
November 30, 2012 - 10:43 am

Hope you have fun with em!

The box really doesn't mean anything, as long as it has a Syma logo on it. Heck, even then, some of the fakes are getting bold enough or reboxed, and have the syma logo. You should be able to look from the side at the motors, and it should be pretty straight foreward--red/pink and green =fake, black, black and white or white mean real.

As for knowing if it's an older s107 or a s107g, it's unlikely that they have any regular 107's left in yellow, probably selling all of them off years ago now.

I say if it has real motors, give it as a gift. If it has pink/green motors, give it as a gift saying if anything happens to it, you can fix it. The fakes are great helicopters, just their motors have bad brush holders made of inferior plastic. The one motor always goes, but it's a simple $3 fix, and you're up and flying with a heli that's as good if not better than the real ones. If it's a fake, it'll probably break down during christmas break, with one motor being bad, so just order up a replacement for like $3, or whatever the cost is now, and put it in. Might be a safe bet to just buy an A/B set now, and if you don't use them on it, just keep them for yourself. I'm pretty sure the sellers aren't going to take them back after christmas, since it's more than 30 days from whever you bought them, so you're probably better off just taking 5 minutes to repair it if it breaks.

paulm2822
Guests
November 30, 2012 - 2:47 am

I bought 3 S107 from 2 different vendors on Amazon.  A single red one from the 1st vendor (HERO-RC) and a blue and a yellow one from the 2nd (AC Store)... both with excellent ratings.

I researched your S107's & S107G's... Found some YouTube info showing counterfeit RC copters...

Red & Blue heli's look legit.  Box is marked S107G  PC boards look right, etc

The yellow heli is in packaging is nearly identical except it is slightly smaller than the other S107G's I was shipped. The box is marked S107, but the decal on the heli is "S107G Gyro System".  As per the Youtube Blog, Syma PC boards are traditionally red in color and this is tan/beige with a silk screen "S107R5" with "SMLBH:" under it.... I've not opened it so I nave no idea what the LED color is on the PCB

related - how do you tell  the difference between a S107 & a S107G????

I was going to give the yellow as a gift... but I think I need to open the packaging to inspect the motor colors, etc... I don't want to give a dud gift!

Regardless... I'm a noob itching to to try these heli's out...  butI'm gonna have to wait til I've wrapped them for Christmas and recipients have unwrapped them. 

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2