Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Help! My helicopter is going crazy
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
January 3, 2013 - 3:50 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Just a point if you rip into the remote controller, any warranty where you bought from might be voided-However I have many Syma helis and only two problems with remote being faulty battery connection and easy fix.I still have a sneaky feeling the remote controller might have been dropped.When you open it up also look for solder joints that look dry-like not shiny,simple way to explain it.Just out of curiosity have you tried changing the channel on remote?

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

VOLFFAS
Guests
January 3, 2013 - 1:08 pm

I tried turning the controller on then the heli on tonight to bind it.  As soon as the helicopter was recognized, it shot straight to the ceiling, so that isn't the problem.

I am beginning to think that the throttle control is what must be broken.  I will have to wait until the weekend to tear into the controller.

The only odd thing is that the heli flies perfectly fine while it is in the air, but as soon as I turn the throttle off by pushing down the lever, the heli turns on full power.  I would tend to think that if the throttle control was broken, it would be broken all the time, not just when the throttle is turned off.

I will let you know what I find out when I open the controller.

Thanks again for any and all help!

VOLFFAS
Guests
January 3, 2013 - 5:41 am

Thank you Syma Freak I will try to bind the remote. 

I don't think I am flying near anything digital, I am flying in the same location that I have been since I got the helicopter.  I have tried other places as well with the same result. 

If binding the heli doesn't work I will look at the throttle control as you did in the video.

Thanks again!

Syma Freak
Admin
January 2, 2013 - 6:55 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

First try binding the heli to remote by turning on remote first then heli putting the heli on a flat surface near remote,Are you flying near anything digital? maybe unscrew remote to see if the throttle control broken at all-one of the screws in remote is near the wire on remote-video below.Has the remote been dropped at all?

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

VOLFFAS
Guests
January 2, 2013 - 1:35 pm

Here is a link to a video I made showing the issue.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....T3WGl2KPMQ

The helicopter flies just fine, but when it lands and I turn off the throttle it powers up full again. 

I say in the video that I think the problem is with the helicopter, but I meant to say I think the issue is with the controller.

And the baby in the video laying on  the floor in the background is just a doll, not a real baby, so don't freak out about that laugh

I thought at first maybe the batteries in the controller were getting old so I replaced them, but I still have the same problem.

Has anyone ever had this problem before?  If so, how did you fix it.

Thanks everyone!  double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon

VOLFFAS
Guests
December 31, 2012 - 1:00 pm

Hello, this is my first post.  We got a Syma S107G for Christmas 5 days ago.  We have used the heck out of it and we have had a good time.  My 5 year old is learning to hover it and my 11 year old can almost fly it anywhere she wants to. 

Today it starting acting funny.  When it lands it turns back on even when the remote is turned off and sitting on the ground.  At first I thought it was because we were flying it in a room full of windows and maybe the sun was getting to it.  But now that it is completely dark outside and dark in the house, we are still having the same issue.  Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue??

I am 99% sure we have a genuine model, everything looks good, and everything else checks out like it should.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance. 

Andy

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
17 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32