Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Floats on an S107?
Freeonthree
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 7:36 am

Im not letting mine go anywhere near water. I love em way too much for that  Surprised  This thread makes me sad  Frown

Didn't you see that guys S107G float inverted ?   That would give me a stroke if that happened to one of my little buddies.

bobO
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 4:54 am

Seems to me there must be a way to design floats that can be put on and taken off so as to have one 107 do double duty.

Drivin_Dave
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 1:16 am

Freeonthree said:

Yep, If the camera batts are up, im making a video to post on you tube. Then I can see what condition my condition was in  :>)

It will be awhile before I do floats, maybe get a couple more helis and alot more hours. But I think it's a fun idea.

Gotta do a little house cleaning, them maybe my wife will help me shoot some video this weekend!

Then I will have to figure how to post it.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 1:12 pm

Yep, If the camera batts are up, im making a video to post on you tube. Then I can see what condition my condition was in  :>)

Freeonthree
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 1:09 pm

The float idea is cool, if ya have a spare heli to designate for float fly, and always get up fast !  Slam the throttle and get it up fast, or it's gunna fall over every time. Water is like glue to float planes. Takes horsepower to break away from it.

Drivin_Dave
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 12:33 pm

Maybe do a vid over the weekend.

My last flight I placed a box 4"x4", 6" tall, that our coffee grinder came in on the table along with a can of grated cheese left there from dinner and tried to land on them.

I had some great approaches and managed to land on the box once. I beat up the blades on my poor heli pretty good mostly taking paint off the leading edges so far.

Glad I haven't removed the throttle return spring yet, I need that quick power cut when I biff the landing!

May have to Re-Topic this post, gotten away from the floats!Confused

Drivin_Dave
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 12:05 pm

Freeonthree said:

Thats funny !  I had to look for them after you said that. Im surprized you could make em out  Surprised

Drivin_Dave says:

Glad I made ya look Dennis!

I received a good piece of advise a few years back that applies well to Music, Firearms, and Helis:

"C" Sharp or "B" Flat !!!

I gotta try to shoot a vid, looks like you have alot of fun doing them!

My Theroughbred Red is charged, have to see if my wife would run the cam.Laugh

CPD
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 7:18 am

Lol. Yeah, probably wouldn't work.

I don't stunt fly, but that's just because it's not my style. I prefer raw flight, no tricks and gimmics.

That said, I do enjoy flying my speed107, granted it's out of comtrol 90% of the time, and I only work with where it wants to go...

Freeonthree
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 7:07 am

Think i'll pass on that action. I've never seen one at the Red Bluff Airport fly that way yet  Surprised

If you keep this up, im afraid were going to have to tie you up, upside down, and see if you move. :>)

CPD
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 7:04 am

Hmmm... remember the old planes on strings? Hmmm... upside down heli on a string... trying to get it moving...

All you need is a string between the skids, a swivel snap, and annother string.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 6:02 am

Hmmm, I have 6 hooks in the ceiling, don't give me any idea's  Surprised

drewdane
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 5:31 am

Drivin_Dave said:

Good vid Freeonthree!

I've... flown through my wife's dance hoop leaned against the ottoman...

I fly at a friend's place, and we hang an empty picture frame from the ceiling, and fly through that. Smile

Supernova
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 4:11 am

Better with the bog door shut WinkLaugh Red is looking great Dennis and flys very well LaughSmile

Freeonthree
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 1:03 pm

Thats funny !  I had to look for them after you said that. Im surprized you could make em out  Surprised

Freeonthree
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 1:01 pm

I don't think I want my poor little heli's blades that close to anything, especially on purpose, yikes !

Your risking lots of damage possibilities trying that. Think i'll stick to the scale flying end of things here.

I love the way they look in the air, and im working on making my landings look scale and smooth, consistantly, whew !

I love watching the dare devils, but I love my little friends way too much to risk crashing them needlessly.

So far, Red is a virgin  :>)  Gunna try to keep him that way.  Yellow said he doesn't like crashing, and I shouldn't make him do it anymore. I agree'd to be careful, so were good  :>)   hahahahaha !  

Here's Red's first real flight and You Tube appearance. Doesn't he look great ! ?  He and Yellow make a great team !  lol

Drivin_Dave
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 12:48 pm

Good vid Freeonthree!

I've managed a couple of hot carrier style landings on my kitchen island and flown through my wife's dance hoop leaned against the ottoman.

I will have to do some vid. My next goal will be a successful landing on top of Mr. Coffee!

He sits on the counter and measures 8" x 8" with a cabinet 6.75" above. My Red is stock 4" tall, so it's a tight fit. Turbulent ground effects have kept me from making it so far.

Would ya pass those Cheez-its?

Freeonthree
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 12:03 pm

Wow !  Red showed up like 3 days early today, and he's perfect !  Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

I moved the battery in yellow forward, and removed the heatshrink tubing helibumper  :>)  Yellow is looking correct again.

Im will order number 3 real soon  Smile  Yellow and Red make a great team !   Less waiting, more flying  :>)  

Oh, Red will be making an appearance on You Tube later tonight, so bring plenty of popcorn !   hahaha !   Dennis

Supernova
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 7:06 am
Freeonthree
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 6:44 am

I always put the TBE filter down. lol  Wish I could remember to close the TBE door before recording though.

Yellow has a friend now !  His name is red  :>)   His movie is coming out soon at a computer near you...

Supernova
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 6:15 am

Yep it is toilet bowl effect, Wink Laugh 

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters: