Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Converting a Syma S8 to 2.4ghz using a S36 board.
Syma Freak
Admin
March 20, 2017 - 12:12 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi Syma Guru,

Thank you for your latest posts.Let me know problem posting photos, will check into it.If you are still having problems private email me.

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

SymaGuru
Members
March 9, 2017 - 5:38 pm
Forum Posts: 32

I'll get back to you as soon as it arrives. I've had trouble trying to upload pics. I'll have to get back to you on how to overcome this problem.

I've a few Syma's on sale on eBay. Got a X3 and X7 auction and a lot of 3 Big Chinook. 1 S022 and a pair of S34. Lots of spare parts too. Easy to find if anyone is interested. I need the room for other Syma's and some WLtoys & XK higher end quads and heli's. The WLToys V950 and XK K110, a slightly nicer version of the V977, both look very appealing.

I look forward to posting a review of the new S39. It might very well be the best small Syma Coaxial yet. You can swap batteries in it like the S8 plus 2.4Ghz like the S36. Looks to be a wining combination. The dimensions listed are wrong. No way it's bigger than a S32 and using a 150mah Battery. By the pictures it's a updated 2.4Ghz S8.  Should be here between the 14th and 20th. 

Syma Freak
Admin
March 6, 2017 - 10:05 am

I have been looking at the SYMA S39 with some interest, thank you for your post. If you want to do a review on her I can create a complete page for review rather than forum post, or both.I have found them on Amazon around $37. Give me your thoughts on review, the page would have your name as the reviewer with also your photos.

SymaGuru
Members
March 5, 2017 - 1:57 pm

I should make a new post for this. Its been awhile since I checked in. 

A few eBay sellers are selling a new Syma S39. This is a completely different helicopter than the S39 from a few years ago that was the same size as the S32 and S032G. The new S39 is smaller and appears to share many parts with the S8 Celerity but it's not infrared. The new small S39 is 2.4ghz and even comes with a large S31 S32 S33 size transmitter. I just bought one and it will be here in a few days. If it's what I think it will be, the S36 and S8 will be retired and sold on eBay. I can't seem to keep my S36 flying. I've burned up 3 boards in the last 4 months. I didn't see Syma making a new small 2.4Ghz coaxial but they did. Battery connector is a micro losi just like the F4 and X5 X11 X13. Another plus for recharging and finding batteries. The S8 used a different battery plug that none of my other syma's used. The S36 uses some type of pin plug charger like the S107N. I'm really stoked to receive the new S39. I'll post a review as soon as it arrives. 

The following users say thank you to SymaGuru for this useful post:

Syma Freak
SymaGuru
Members
October 19, 2016 - 2:42 pm

Failure! The S34/S022 Blades were just to heavy for the S8. The S8 wouldn't gain flight with the heavier blades installed. The board would go into protection mode like the blades were striking something and shut down. Going to have to leave the S8 with it's stock length main blades. S8 stock blades do make a nice upgrade for the S36 and S800G. They are just a little to long to use on the S107G and any other small Syma's. 

Syma Freak
SymaGuru
Members
October 16, 2016 - 2:15 pm

This project is on hold. Since I ordered the new S8 and S36 the S36 I already had decided to die on me. Board went bad. Just dropped out of the air and want I tried to fly it again the bottom blades soon backwards before it goes into some type of protection mode and shuts down. I'll be ordering a replacement S36 for the project in a few days as I need the one that was just delivered to replace the one that died on me.

Always experimenting I tried to install a set of S34/S022 main blades on the S8. I'll have to drill the holes on the S34 Blades larger to use them but they should still work. I'll let everyone know how that works out within the week. The S34 blades are approx 10mm longer and 2mm wider than the stock S8 blades.They should generate allot more lift. I use Stock S8 blades on the S36. The S36 is larger than a S107G but it's stock main blades are the same size  as the S107G and a few other small coaxial Syma's. S8 Blades are longer and work great on the S36. Perfect size. I'll see if the S34/S022 Blades work well as upgrades for the S8 here soon.

Syma Freak
SymaGuru
Members
October 1, 2016 - 4:36 am

Not a problem. I tend to ramble and hit a handful of things at once. I'll be making some YouTube videos this winter and posting links giving reviews and sharing tips on various Syma helicopters. Love the quads to but not much to do to modify them outside of bigger batteries. 

Syma Freak
Syma Freak
Admin
September 30, 2016 - 8:04 pm

yeah-baby_gif

Thank you for post.People sometimes do not reply, but watch post counts, shows people viewing.

SymaGuru
Members
September 30, 2016 - 2:03 pm

Once you switch the polarity on the F3 to use Eflite Blade Nano QX/CPX/CPS batteries Remeber not to use the stock batteries ever again. You plug a stock battery in after the change you will Fry the Board! I think Syma did this on purpose to keep people from using anything but Syma Batteries but I'm not one to told, no you can't do that! Oh, Yes I can and I will! 

SymaGuru
Members
September 30, 2016 - 1:44 pm

I'm waiting on the new S8 and S36 doner helicopters to be delivered. Once they arrive I'll start the build and shouldn't take more than a few hours. Thought I would post my project plans and see what anyone thinks of the idea. Syma advertises the S8 as being medium sized and it is larger than the S36 and S107G but still a micro in my eyes. The S8 is certainly not as large as a S032G S32 S39 and isn't nearly large enough to carry a 500-750mah battery. It will hold 200mah syma X4 X11 X13 Battery's no problem and already has the right plug for use so that's what I use in the S8. I use 250mah 20C batteries in the S36 as well as S107G and it's many varients with a few exceptions. Still stock 150mah with the S109G and Its tiny battery bay. Got a 380mah to fit easy in the S026G. Most have the battery soldered right to the board and don't get swapped out like the F4 and S8 which I use the smaller 200mah in. I don't mind a shorter flight time with these 2 being it's easy to swap batteries with them both and the 200mah fit in snug but perfect. 

Own a F3? You can use Eflite Blade 180 to 200mah sticks for the MSR Nano QX Nano CPX/CPS with some Velcro but this is CRITICAL! You have to swap the polarity of the battery connector at the connector or the board because if you don't you will fry your F3 board in about 2 seconds. They ain't making these new anymore so don't forget this if you want to use higher capacity batteries with it. All but impossible to find the stock propritary batteries for the F3 these days anyways and Velcro holding the Eflite, and a dozen other brand name batteries, works fine. Just make sure you switch the polarity of the plug before you try it! Bad times if you forget! 

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2