Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Syma X3 Quadcopter Review
In house review of the Syma X3 Quadcopter
CPD
Guests
December 14, 2014 - 1:58 pm

Well, it seems that a year after its release, the X3 has dropped enough in price to warrant the "Impulse Buy" award, other wise known as I just decided to get back into the Syma thing by blowing $26 on one today at a store that can be called nothing less than "Hillbilly's Is Us." (Officially named Rural King) No idea who came up with the idea for a store where you can buy firearms, toys, clothing, carhartt work coats, boots, toys, grain and animal feed, people feed, animal supplies, office supplies, furniture and Syma helis, all in one store. Needless to say, I now know the first stop I'm making when the zombies come.

Anyway, I hope to make at least some bit of a comeback over Christmas Break, and I'd love to get more involved again in the long run. My college's electrical engineers club created an R/C aircraft club this year, but I didn't join up with them because I basically just found out at the end of the semester, and they meet when I'll have a lab this next one, but I'll have to try to stay in contact with them in case of any events and so I can maybe learn something.

I have yet to have an actual flight of the new bird, and I also have yet to dig out the old ones from their hiding place, but I think this will be a very enjoyable return. I tried to trim the quad, but the furnace was running, making it fly all over, especially with how light it is.

The initial reaction I have is "Wow, they really worked hard to make this thing as cheap as it is!" Considering how expensive things like this were even a few months ago, I'm really surprised with how much they did to make it cheap while being durable. The plastic is really cheap and flimsy by any other standard, but when it's on something like this, I'm amazed by all of the weaves and cross-members in the plastic guards. The heli looks like it can be lightened some, mostly with an X-acto knife, but I don't know if it really needs it. I like the triple blades instead of the hard to balance dual ones, although they don't seem too straight. One thing that I don't care for is how the remote beeps at you every time you do something to adjust something, but that's the most of my concerns at the moment. We'll see what this brings, but I hope to be around for a while more, yet again.

Syma Freak
Admin
August 9, 2013 - 8:21 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticonGreat help SN Thanks again for the video--awesome time and work SF

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Supernova
Guests
August 6, 2013 - 6:40 pm

My pleasure SF

youre-welcome-smiley-emoticonengland-1626

Syma Freak
Admin
August 6, 2013 - 6:21 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Please find a review of the Syma X3 Quadcopter here http://syma107.com/syma-x3-quadcopter/ good and bad points.Courtesy from Supernova on the forum.

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
14 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5