Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
New Symas--a Coincedince or not quite?
Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 5:02 am

Did you guys check out the syma s800? It can lean left/right. However, it doesn't say it can go forward.. You probably do that by barely lean and turning. But hey, new technology!

CPD
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 3:16 am

Yeah, it's not quite right...

You probably could get the tail you wanted, but only if you pony up for the 301g, (they changed the number from 801 to 301, I think... they got rid of the 801 page and everything) then find the body for the USCG heli on ebay after they've been out for a while, and cut and paste them together.

That's something that only I'm crazy enough to try...

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 5, 2012 - 4:32 pm

Yeah, I don't like their fenestron tail. It still a fenestron tail, just not thee fenestron tail

CPD
Guests
January 5, 2012 - 10:13 am

it does, kinda, have the distinctive tail...

except the rotor's sideways...

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 5, 2012 - 8:20 am

I thought the dauphin had a fenestron tail, it doesn't look to good..

CPD
Guests
January 5, 2012 - 1:05 am

@old_iron_spine I looked at the dolphin, and it looks like it has the junk single connector buckel that I've seen some complaints about.

They can't really fly outdoors, but they can in very light wind. They get blown around a good bit, like the 107's, because of how light yet large they are.

I'm not quite sure what it all means, though. It could be good for us, but may be bad for syma, because they might get too specialized with higher-end toys and may not be able to have enough starter ones. A carbon Fibre syma probably won't happen, though, because of the cost. I've seen carbon fiber T-Rex helis, but that's $100 without anything like servos or the motor. (which, isn't bad with regular full ones being $100)

I also saw the s800g on some website for sale, but it was $80. I'm guessing they'll have them for sale in a few websites for that insane price they say they're supposed to be, then cut them back to the $30 regular price. (I'm guessing the 800'll be $40-$50 in the end, but the others won't be anywhere close.

I also noticed that the 116g is a mini version of the 119g.

Syma Freak
Admin
January 4, 2012 - 7:04 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

That is interesting,these helis you mentioned do not yet seem to be out there yet for sale.I seem to feel this forum is being viewed by Syma itself and they would be silly not to watch any site that has so much talk and mods.I always feel any upgrades on any heli takes a few months for feed back to see if they are better-Would not be surprised to see a carbon fibre Syma heli as well.What it means for us especially me is to monitor all this and for me to touch base with Syma-They are real slow to reply if ever,tight ship giving info away-All in all tho if they are viewing this forum maybe good for all of us.If I was them would be trying to upgrade helis as to what people want,

Good post CPD

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 4, 2012 - 7:02 pm

Im getting me either that dauphin or that cobra (big ones) can they fly outdoors? And it is 2012, so maybe they where working on them sometime last year.and maybe they start with indoor helis, and whatever they find that is more popular rthey make bigger. Plus, everyone likes different models, so maybe they decided that the bell and Blackhawk are two most wanted helicopters so they made one. Every helicopter lover likes the original UH-1 model, a lot of people like the fenestron tail, tandem rotor, attack helicopters eft. A d because of that they created what they're selling. In order for them to be so successful they have to cater to other peoples needs.

CPD
Guests
January 4, 2012 - 8:53 am

Don't know if anybody's checked the Syma Products page since last night, but they were doing major work on it around 10:00 Eastern Time. Now, they have a whole list of new products.

Some highlights are a larger version of the s111g dolphin USCG, except closer to the current version of the eurocopter, (and a misspelling- US Coast Geard) two larger versions of the s108g- except I can't tell the difference between them, s107C-a regular s107g except with new paintjob and a CAMERA. (and possably metal gears) Then, there is my favorite, the s119g UH-1C Huey (hog/frog) in the pre-67 colorfull Army scheme and post-nam USAF rescue "Air Succor" bright orange scheme. (except they have each listed as s119g and s116g, so maybe the army's the 119, and the usaf is 116, and the charge port and fueling ports are different, despite being identical otherwise as far as their bodies) Also, a new version of the s102 is out there- the s102S for shooting, as it has "rocket launchers" on the sides. Then, there is the s801g, which is a new version of the s031g or s032g, and is identical, except it is, get this, A FOUR CHANNEL SYMA! The same for the s800g, which is identical looking to the 107, except four channel and with new, sleek lines straight off of a DeLorean!

My question is, are they all coincedences that we just so happened to want or try to build all of these, or is it that they're watching this forum for answers? We've brought up how much we've wanted to possably have 4 channel helis like the s107, and we have them now. We've put cameras on them, and now they have ones with cameras. We've had many people fall in love with the s111g and s108g, and now they have a bigger version of each. I've tried (unsuccessfully) to build a huey, and now they have two. Everything except for the rocket launchers on the 102 has been brought up here many times, and they turned around and built them.

I understand it would take a very long time to design and test these new products, but these have come out almost too exactly to what we've said to not raise susspicions that we're being watched by Syma. It's a good thing, I guess if we are, since then we're gaining some clout as a forum. Hopefully, if we are being watched, that means we can end up with more products that we want.

So, what's next? S029F- the new USCG eurocopter with floats on it for water landings? Tell dale to do that one!

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
14 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5