Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
New Symas--a Coincedince or not quite?
CPD
Guests
January 8, 2012 - 8:55 am

Lol!

Either way, I guess...

(could allways go with the classic idea---a Sherman Tank...)

drewdane
Guests
January 8, 2012 - 6:55 am

Chevy? I was picturing a Kenworth T2000. Laugh

CPD
Guests
January 8, 2012 - 12:31 am

hmmmm... flying truck...

hmmmmmm...

RC Chevy with wings and a prop...

hmmmmmmmmmm...

That'd be AWESOME!!!!!

(foreward would control both wheels and prop, except if you hit a button to shut off one or the other, and turning turns the tail and the front wheels. It'd have pretty bad battery life, but hey, it'd be FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!)

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 7, 2012 - 5:18 pm

I agree. I want a flying truck now. There is a guy on YouTube whose name is NightFlyyer. He has really cool rc airplanes, helicopters, and anything that flys! You should look him up.

CPD
Guests
January 7, 2012 - 2:52 pm

Then what's the point of the foam?

What I like with the foam Air Hogs I've owned is how easilly repair is when you have Scotch tape. Ding it, cover it with a layer or two of tape. Break a wing off? tape it. Need a few more layers of tape? Put it on, let it fly.

Even better than a 107!!!

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 7, 2012 - 8:12 am

And if syma ever makes an rc airplane again, I'll probably get it. If I could give them any tips, it would be to do foam, and a small layer of plastic on the outside to creat a shell.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 7, 2012 - 8:10 am

My first helicopters where air hogs.. It would brake then I'd exchange it. That happened about 5 times.. Lol. Then I quit for like, 2-3 years, then I got the syma! I saw a kid at walmart with a air hogs, and was thinking, "you poor soul..." hahaha!

And Syma's airplane is called "the super sonic" or something like that. It got terrible reviews. Though, I think if in the right hands, it's a good starter. It's a dual engine, high winged airplane. I think people try to do stunts which causes it to brake, which is stupid cause if you want to do stunts get an AEROBATIC airplane. Not a LEARNING airplane. >_> there is a reason they are called learning airplanes and not aerobatic planes. What ever though. There is a guy on YouTube who is like an rc aeronautics engineer. He makes so many upgrades to his airplanes, helicopters, and rc fish blimp thing! Lol!

CPD
Guests
January 7, 2012 - 6:10 am

They also used to have boats. The thing is, the market for RC airplanes is much more dominated by the same old Airhogs for cheap, styrofoam ones, to a handfull of $50 or so plastic ones, then you hit the $200-$12000 big-boy range.

There's not much room for Syma there, I don't think. (although, that said, if they had rc airplanes, I'd buy one!)

As for boats, not much of a market there-period. I was going to buy one, but decided $40 for that was a waste when I could just buy more Lionel Trains with it.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 7, 2012 - 3:45 am

Yeah. Sorry about that, it was my fault.

Anywho, I wonder if syma plans to make more airplanes. They made a few, but failed epically. I think they need to do their same designs, but plastic, if you can get a plastic helicopter into the sky, you can get a plastic airplane into the sky just as easy. To me,cthe best starter planes are piper cubs cause the landing gear style is very durable. Even if they wanted to meet half way and build a gyro copter, that would be good too. They could take parts from their 033, and add airplane parts. And a circuit board with a gyro on. It would be just as easy. Or an airplane, or a tilt wing.

Supernova
Guests
January 7, 2012 - 3:32 am

A bit off topic here ? 

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 7, 2012 - 3:26 am

Just so you know, I'm not trying to attack you and put you on the defensive, I seriously don't understand.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 7, 2012 - 3:25 am

Sp those Japanese lady's with really white faces, kamodoes, and umbrellas weren't really actress's? They where ninja murders? Lol

How did they try to attack for 500,000 years when there are only 2,011 years? Even with Christianity there are only like, 4,000+ years. 2,000 before Christ died, 2,000 after Christ died. The years reset after he died. >_>

There isn't enough proof that there have been 500,000 years. Non the less 8,000,000,000 years. The fossils are as much proof as we get, and those don't even have 8,000,000,000 years on them.

CPD
Guests
January 7, 2012 - 1:31 am

No, I said that before they lost WWII, they had been trying to take over Korea for 500,000 or something like that.

After WWII, they were a puppet of the UN until about the 70's. And, if it was up to them, they would have attacked the DMZ and split and concored both, except they couldn't because of the treaties that basically stopped them from having more than police.

In WWII, they would set up movie theaters, hundreds of people'd go in, they'd lock the doors, turn on the lights, and every single male about 15-40 years old would be impressed into service for japan. The rest? Usually killed in cold blood.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 4:23 pm

I thought back right after WWII, Captain Arthur McDougles (or whatever) got moved to Japan to show them the American way (or the ways of war, how to run a country ect) to do things, then found out later that the communist part of Korea was attacking the patriotism part of Korea, so Captain McDougles helped out the patriotism part of Korea, then china helped the communism part of Korea, then they all came up with a peace treaty and is now called north and south Korea. Are you saying this didn't happen?

And I don't know how we keep going off topic LOL! You can message me if you would rather.

CPD
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 10:58 am

I'm not korean, I'm just a 3rd Dan (black belt) in Tang Soo Do.

But, ever since Japan was created, they have been trying to take over korea, only to be beat back time and time again by China, and most recently, the US. They committed major atrosities every time, and tried killing the Korean culture many times. That's why they seem so similar to people who don't know the full story. Many old timers of them still remember their parents and family members being killed off or impressed into service. The younger generations aren't as fervant, but they still hate japan.

And, it's not even so much different dialects the way we have them here, it's 80% of the language is changed between provinces. So, take a pocket dictionary, remove 80% of it, and that's all you can learn that is going to be similar everywhere. And, there is no predominant dialect. Plus, the only thing similar to 'Merican is that they have different dialects in the cities and the country, but it's a whole different dialect, and they're different between local cities. It'd be like Baltimore speaking spanglish, Washington speaking a frenglish, and the area between speaking Spench. Ends up with you having a hard time going between two cities that are 50 miles apart.

Japaneese, you at least have a majority speaking Tokyo dialect, an Okinawin main dialect, and different dialects that are only on minor islands. Korean, you need to learn eiter just one dialect and only go to the center of that specific province, or lean 13 different words for the same thing so you can go between all 13 provinces. (plus an additional 50 or so charecters for each province, and a bunch of chineese expressions for if you're dealing with older folks)

Anyway, how dacrap do we keep going soooooooo of topic on here???????

lol

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 10:37 am

Are you taking Korean? Are you Asian? I'm not, I just like Asia hahaha! Why don't you bring up Japan to a Korean? Even a south Korean? Japan helped south Korea when north was trying to take over.

I heard from a Canadian on Facebook that he hates it when people think that Canadian French and France French are the same. I just said, "can you blame us? You can still communicate with french people." and I think I made him mad. Anywho, Japanese has several dialects too, however, the most dominant one is the one they speak on Tokyo, and that's the one I'm learning. However, there are different dialects on the smaller islands and one other on the main island. Okinawa, I believe iwoshima, ect. Smaller place.

CPD
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 7:34 am

Korean's actually an insanely hard language to learn in general terms. It's worse than putting a Southern Belle in with a Massecusets guy, Supernova, a Canadian, and SF in the same room, and try to understand them all if you're an 8 year old from Iowa.

They have sooooo many different dialects, each generation has their own dialect, and every single province practically speaks a different language.

To the north, they use a crapload more Chineese-ish words, to the south they use many more Japaneese-originating words, plus thousands of original words, plus many half-and-half words that are half-forgein, half original. (like the capital of N. Korea is named Pyong Yang, but it's correctly pronounced P'yong Ahn, and is a half breed of straight-up 70 year old, chineese that isn't used anymore, and korean that is out of date and not used anymore. It's supposed to mean Peace and Harmony, based off of the forms in Tang Soo Do)

Oh, and yaknow Hundai? It's really supposed to be pronounced (very soft H) "hYundee" or like you'd say "hYundIgh" the way sigh is pronounced)

Plus, to my knowlege, there is no way to count past 10. How they count 11 exactly, I don't know. I only know a little bit that was taught from caucasion masters to the master I study under, so it's been screwed up a lot, except for many sounds are correct.

Did I mention the fact that you NEVER bring up japan to koreans? EVER. (well, as long as you don't want to feel 500,000 years worth of pent-up rage...)

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 7:01 am

It would be cool if they made Chinese model helicopters too. I tried to learn Chinese... Then I discovered it was too hard so I'm taking Japanese now, it's a lot easier. I still can't speak to a Chinese person, but it's close enough. There has to be some person in china who knows Japanese. Or Korean, Korean and japanese are the two closest Asian languages. Korean characters look cool, they're all round in shape. Japanese reminds me of anime drawings for some reason. But all languages are cool.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 6:58 am

Yeah I know. But their out of hong kong, maybe they use google translator, lol!

CPD
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 6:50 am

That's the new 4 channel one. It should, if I know my channels correctly, be able to move sideways, not lean to them, but  SF should be able to clarify that.

Also, it can go foreward, reguardless of whatever it says right now- they don't have any idea what they're doing with english, reguardless if they know how to make a heli.

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5