Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Post Just For The Syma S800G Here
We had members wanting just a Sub Category to post on the Syma S800G- Here it is!
leadsled
Guests
December 4, 2012 - 10:12 pm

I am very pleased to report that the company did send me an RMA# for the defective S800G.  I am sure that the replacement will be just fine.  

On the positive side, I am now fairly familiar with fine tuning an S800G.

Can't wait to get the new one.

Now I need  to find a replacement camera for the S107C I ruined in a water crash on it's maiden flight.  Not sure if it's the camera or the connection on the helicopter side.Embarassed

leadsled
Guests
December 3, 2012 - 11:32 pm

I ended up screwing the right servo linkage almost all the way down to get it to lift off and the left linkage about 1/2 way down to keep it from drifting back all the time.

Now I can hover, go forward, and turn left/right. I CANNOT strafe left, or go in reverse very fast. Right strafe is out of control.

Seems as if electronic gyro for vertical stability is 90 degrees out of kilter.

The company I purchased it from did get back to me.

CPD
Guests
December 3, 2012 - 5:38 am

That sounds like a good idea to me. I would also look and see if it's in line with the other, or if the cog is a tooth off. You can unscrew it a bit, and move it over one tooth if need be. That should take out the problem.

Still learning the ropes on these things--sooo much different from the 107g, and haven't had much experience by others to give what problems are caused by what.

leadsled
Guests
December 2, 2012 - 9:20 pm

I bought it from http://www.symahelicopters.com/.

My S107G (under the Extreme S3.5G moniker) flies fine with the S800G controller.  Even this tiny controller is better than the original S107G controller, IMHO.

This leads me to believe something is wrong with the S800G itself.  seems like the starboard (right) servo is about 45 degrees off.  When I applied throttle while holding onto the bird,  the right servo pushes up.  Before the battery died, I gave it throttle at a 45 degree angle and it felt like it wanted to take off straight up.  I thinkl I may be able to adjust length of linkage by screwing or unscrewing and see what effect it has.  I'll try screwing it in, shortening, it and see what happens.  This is assuming the chopper is wired correctly.  The controller is fine.

Syma Freak
Admin
December 2, 2012 - 1:59 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

leadsled said
With the S800G, the right servo moves up with throttle and dumps it over to the left. Left servo goes down and up for forward and reverse.

With S107C controller, throttle pulls right servo down, dumping it on it's right side.

The one time I got it in the air was with the S107G controller. I had virtually no control before I cut throttle. Now it won't bind with the helicopter.

Hard to tell what is messed up. I think it's the chopper.

No response yet from company I ordered from.

If no reply, I may sell it as a parts bird.Cry

What company did you buy from? I have two 800G both fly well,hence just curios who the seller was.

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

leadsled
Guests
December 1, 2012 - 9:37 pm

As a Christmas present to myself, I ordered an S800G and an S107C.

I outlined my troubles with the S800G.

On the maiden flight of the S107C I managed to splash it into the dogs' water bucket!!!!!!!!Cry

The heli seems fine but I think the camera is fried!!Confused

One positive is the controller is awesome compared to the one for the S107G.  They need to include this with the S107G!!!  It is crisp and sharp and brings my S107G to life.

leadsled
Guests
December 1, 2012 - 1:34 pm

With the S800G, the right servo moves up with throttle and dumps it over to the left. Left servo goes down and up for forward and reverse.

With S107C controller, throttle pulls right servo down, dumping it on it's right side.

The one time I got it in the air was with the S107G controller. I had virtually no control before I cut throttle. Now it won't bind with the helicopter.

Hard to tell what is messed up. I think it's the chopper.

No response yet from company I ordered from.

If no reply, I may sell it as a parts bird.Cry

CPD
Guests
December 1, 2012 - 2:17 am

Well, they had a bad batch of remotes, (unfortunatly mine was one of them, but I had done too much to the heli and liked it too much to send it back, so I think I'll wait until january or febuary and get a 2nd one without saying there was a problem) but I don't know if that's the issue.

By getting it to work with the s107 remote, but only having the straight control, do you mean you could have it go straight, but couldn't turn it left/right or go backwards, or it just shot off foreward without any controls applied? (just for some clairity)

The trouble with the 800g is that while a solid flyer, there's not really any parts out there yet, to my knowlege. I know there's none on amazon, (just checked a few seconds ago) but I don't know about other sites...

It could be a bad controller, if it works fine with the s107 remote, just acts as a 3ch, not a 4ch, or it could be a bad board if it doesn't work fine with the 107 remote. I would also check the servos--one might be stuck down or jammed. Heck, might have a bad wiring conection and it might be jammed in the on position. That would make it flop over or go foreward without explanation.

leadsled
Guests
November 30, 2012 - 8:40 pm

Just received a Syma S800G!!!!

All it does is flop to the left.  Will not take off!!!!!!

Tried the S107G controller.  It took off straight, but had no other control.

I think transmitter is bad!

Please help!

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32