Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Battery discharged-one minute of flight
New battery-fully charged-flies one minute
Tags: Syma X9
lew803
Guests
January 10, 2014 - 11:01 am

CPD, I love the closing you used,R.I.Pcs.That is classic and very good advice.Better days ahead.Headed south for golf.Santee,SC.

double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticonlew803

CPD
Guests
January 10, 2014 - 5:27 am

Hate to say it, but a new 800g is $20, and the cost of these batteries has to be up there by now. Considering it's next to impossible to get 800g parts, well, I think you know what my suggestion would be.
All I can say is
R.I.Pcs. 

lew803
Guests
January 8, 2014 - 12:28 pm

Hey SF,

No I didn't solder to the mother board.Went from battery  direct to the leads from the mother board.

In three new batteries ,three have had to be replaced.One of the replacements has arrived and I put it in the 107first..Works like a charm.Interesting thing is, the batteries that were returned were all used first in the 800.The three new batteries came from different sellers.No problem with returns to any of them.I think your idea of defective batteries bears more research.When the new batteries, yet to come, arrive one will go into the 800 first.If it goes bad I'll tear out what hair I have left and discard the 800.I can buy a new one for what I can spend on replacing parts until I find the problem.

In a typical male response,I hate to leave a problem unsolved.My experience just isn't up to the challenge.The X1's are flying every day.Except for the one in the huge pine tree.Can't even see it.

Stay well!

Syma Freak
Admin
January 5, 2014 - 8:04 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Did you solder the new battery to the mother board direct?

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

lew803
Guests
January 3, 2014 - 3:31 am

2014 isn't starting out very well.Could a bad board cause a new battery to fail after 7 minutes of flight? I flew the 800 and had plenty of power left when I turned the tx off and went to lunch.Came back an hour later ...checked the voltage...needed charge...gave it a charge just like always.Went to fly and after about 20 seconds the plane settled to the floor.Checked the voltage... discharged to less than 3.8 volts down from 4.3 and it is enlarged.

As our Brazilian exchange student used to say,"I never saw before".

Still the 800 giving battery problems.Think it is a short in the board or the motor for the  flight controls? I'm stymied.

Syma Freak
Admin
December 29, 2013 - 1:53 pm

My pleasure Lew803, and a great Happy New year to you and all your family- Happy flying for 2014.

lew803
Guests
December 28, 2013 - 2:28 am

Yes,SF,You may have hit the nail on the head(true problem analysis).When I check immediately after flight the battery is discharged.Thanks for your

reply.Have a Happy New Year.Stay well.

Syma Freak
Admin
December 27, 2013 - 11:27 am

Lew803, the only thing I have found on some replaced batteries they were duds, would not take a charge, especially ones I bought for my 107 helis from Ebay, I reckon they had been sitting around for a long time or were reject batteries, might pay to put a electric meter to see what charge the battery is holding.

lew803
Guests
December 24, 2013 - 12:02 pm

I need a miracle.

Have flown my S800G for two years-no problems.Recently I began to see rapid decline in flying time.Plane would fly well for one minute from full charge and settle to the floor and hover there about 3 inches from the floor and then settle down.I think-has to be the battery.Buy new battery and install fully charged.Same problem.

If you have an answer or a magic wand you'd be willing to lend,please let me know.It has to be a short?sco_huhsign

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2