Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S107 Landing Challenge Game
A simple game to hone your landing skills. S107 S36 V911
Airsucker
Guests
February 16, 2015 - 1:03 pm

Thanks to this most excellent landing game we found on this forum, my son and I took it to the next level by practicing some extremely small and difficult raised platform landing operations. After many hours of practice in various challenging drafty conditions, we decided to try and enhance our skills at close order formation flying. If you try this yourself, Do not take close formation flying lightly! The wind created by one S107 can be treacherous to the other. I highly recommend honing your skills on very tight landings in various levels of drafty air before flying in close formations with another helicopter.  

As we got better and better, my son and I began to choreograph some attack formations as if we were going in on a specific target or flying support for a ground mission so to speak. All I can say is that once you enhance your skills, this can be great fun! I'll try to upload a photo or two here for you to have a peek at. If this works, take note of the front nose LED lights on our helis. They look light little laser beams! laugh

Your friend,

Airsucker 

Formation1-2.jpgImage EnlargerFormation-1.jpgImage Enlarger

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
Airsucker
Guests
February 13, 2015 - 1:54 am

Fun competitive skill game! We love it, thank you!

symablue37
Guests
January 28, 2015 - 1:09 pm

Cool stuff geostotle! Thanks!

Redfive
Guests
January 11, 2015 - 8:39 pm

What an excellent idea, full marks for the inventor.

Cutaway
Guests
January 11, 2015 - 2:21 pm

71 points so far!  Here is the setup...

1. Landing Pad on the floor (i.e. not on a raised platform).
  2. Achieve a minimum of 12 in. of height and fly away from the LZ a minimum of 5 ft.
  3. Each landing or crash requires the fly away from the LZ. Repeat step #2.
  4. OK to approach the LZ at low altitude, hover a bit, and land on the higher score.
  5. Cannot slide once the landing skids touch the LZ...must land/pause and check score. Repeat step #2.
  6. Scoring per original design.
  7. Have fun!!! bad_boys_20
JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
January 6, 2015 - 6:05 pm
Forum Posts: 264
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Another thanks to Geostotle, "however".....

I don't think anyone can beat the kid on Youtube

that lands his in the circle on a toy aircraft carrier!

Check it out.....search Youtube for S107 obstacle course!

I am not posting a link without that kids' permission.

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
January 6, 2015 - 5:59 pm
Forum Posts: 264

Geostotle, thanks and a belated welcome.

Thanks also to SF for fixing the pdf download,

I just printed mine and works fine, now if you'll

excuse me, I have a new game to play!

(and it's NOT on the TV screen!)

Cutaway
Guests
January 5, 2015 - 3:23 pm

Awesome score geostotle!  Some quick questions for ya...what count as a "landing"?

Is it a landing with rotors fully stopped?  

If "touch and go" is allowed, how long should the hot stop be on the pad before take off to score?

I'm guessing landing on the pad and "skidding" (i.e. taxing) should not count?

I think you should also set a baseline so that everyone's score would be standardized.  Some suggestions:

1) Distance between the landing pad and waypoint.  I think 5 foot is a good start

2) Landing pad should be on the floor (for beginners like me) instead of raised platform as the airflow off the platform causes "wobble" during the final approach

Cheers!

geostotle
Guests
January 4, 2015 - 12:11 pm

The Link looks to be working now, thanks Syma Freak for getting this game out there. 

I have two Landing Pads printed out and affixed to"

1. The top of a large "rubber made" style tub

2.  A corner of the workbench. 

Helipads are roughly 12' apart, and about 3' vertical separation in the workshop.  My current "game" is to fly back-and-forth between landing pads and try to score points on every mission.  I know the target looks small, but even if you can hit the paper every flight it's still +1 point.   +2 is not that hard to do, and the occasional +3 or +4 points for an "exact hit" can add up to real points fast. 

Scored a 49 this afternoon, including -2 for one wreck would have been a 51.

Anyone have suggestions, comments, etc...?

Syma Freak
Admin
January 4, 2015 - 8:10 am
Forum Posts: 1452

Hi thanks for letting me know, I have fixed the problem, try again to download, will open a screen for you to decide where you want to save the pdf file on your computer.

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Cutaway
Guests
January 4, 2015 - 6:36 am

Hmm...the PDF link appears to be broken...I get the usual...

Oops, That wasn't found

Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.

geostotle
Guests
January 2, 2015 - 2:14 am

Thanks Syma Freak!

Syma Freak
Admin
December 30, 2014 - 11:54 am
Forum Posts: 1452

Fantastic stuff geostotle, as you can see have created a forum topic for your game ssig_goodjob2

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

geostotle
Guests
December 28, 2014 - 4:59 am

Download S107-G-Landing-Challenge.pdf

Greetings everyone.  The S107 is a joy to fly indoors.  My competitive spirit however lead me to develop this simple game.  I needed some metric to judge my landing skills.  So far I have scored a high of 45 points with a stock 107.  I'll surely improve upon that over the remainder of the holidays.

Syma S107 Landing Challenge

• Tape landing pad to table. Object of game is to land on Landing Pad as many times as possible using one charge.
  • Score as many points as possible during that single charge. Establish some distant object to fly around, about 3’-30’ away, so as to require a certain repeatable distance of flight path. Distance away directly affects battery performance and therefore points possible. Point value goes to outside edge of paper, outside of ring, and outside of box. Any skid out of bounds counts for the next lower point value. A skid over the edge of paper counts zero.
  • -2 Points for every crash that requires manually setting chopper upright.
  • 30 Second breaks allowed between sorties. Fans and heaters make a dynamic landing zone with ground effect.

I invite everyone interested to print out my simple game.  Instructions are included on the landing pad.  Get some buddies together and wager if it makes it more interesting.  Most of all, have fun!

Please feel free to make suggestions to improve upon and refine my simple game.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2