Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
s107g flight issue after light crash
s107g flight issue after light crash
Tags: Syma X9
zedorda
Guests
January 18, 2013 - 6:12 pm

Yeah I have been through 8 batteries from Amazon and Ebay all were supposed to be 200mAh(2) or 240mAh(6). And not a one of them were any good. At best they would be the same as stock except the ones I bought from CheapBatteryPacks.com and continue to buy. I am up to 6 of them Hyperion CX Series 240mah 3.7v 25C simply the best battery I have tried yet but are a super tight fit in the S107G but are perfect in the S800G. They also carry a Hyperion CX Series 180mah 3.7v 25C which might fit better but I have not tried it yet.

CPD
Guests
January 18, 2013 - 12:14 pm

I don't know... fakes are VERY common. Granted, the ones you're going to hear about are the ones with problems, but even my first s107 is a fake. Sure, somebody returned it and it had the bad motor replaced, but its still a fake. I think they're finally not making as many and syma is convincing Amazon to not sell them, since Amazon is loosing a lot of money off of fakes. Of course, I'd still say 9/10, --heck, 49/50-- of all ebay s107's are fakes.

Now, the parts are getting more expensive, and the helis are going up just a little, but it's still worth it to fix most problems. I think the only problems that it's not worth it to fix are when the main shaft is tilted out of whack, creating MAJOR tbe that can't be fixed by replacing the main shaft, main boards, and I'm begining to be more and mor hesitant about batteries. (although that's because it's hard to buy a good replacement battery, not price or ease to replace them.)

zedorda
Guests
January 18, 2013 - 8:30 am

Sorry your right CPD I thought the motors were more. I checked Amazon and they are $4.95 with free shipping but like you said they don't go bad from crashes.

Personally I suggest to everyone getting into this hobby to buy 2x S107G to start. One for training one for flying after something brakes on the first. The amount of saving is nearly 50% per part when you buy a whole helicopter vs parts.

We have to also face the fact that if $20 is too much for your hobby budget then you maybe should reconsider having a hobby that costs money. I mean come on a nice "sit down" meal out costs more than $20 these days.

As for fakes they are not as common as people say and when you get one from Ebay or Amazon you get your money back without even sending it back so you get free spare parts. So getting a fake is a win fall in reality yet still inconvenient. Easy to avoid if you just don't bargain shop your helis.

CPD
Guests
January 18, 2013 - 3:58 am

It's pobably gearslip, or a broken gear, but I doubt that a motor would blow from a crash. Motors don't just die from crashing. You could have also broken a connection to the motor, which would make it occasionally turn on, but not well. My reccomendation is to look it over for broken gears, bad connections, and if there is excessive slack between when you pull on the main shaft. (if it goes up/down more than a smidgend or two, then you probably have gearslip.) Then just get back to us on what issue you see.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that if a motor blows, it's worth it to replace the heli. Motors don't cost that much, (about $3-4) and they're not hard to replace. Actually, I'd go as far as saying that with the fake helis, it's better to replace the blown motor than buy another heli. Boards on the other hand, they're easier to buy a new heli than replace. The rule of thumb is, if it costs 50% or more to replace parts, then buy a new one. I know the old this is that it's easy to get too much into a heli over the price of a replacement and having a parts heli, but when parts are $3 each, then you can go a while before needing to get a replacement heli. Personally, if you know the rest of the heli is good, and you're used to flying that one, then it's worth it to invest $3 every few months instead of $20 on a new one.

zedorda
Guests
January 18, 2013 - 1:47 am

When a motor or the board goes bad it is a good idea to just buy another because those parts do cost nearly half the price of a new heli. Using it as parts will net you a nice savings from buying replacements since it is near new already. Plus it saves you the hassle of completely disassembling it. This is also assuming the cost of a new one is not outside your budget. It is still nice to have the option to repair it for less even if it is not much less. 

I would still make sure it is not just a gear slipping on a shaft. I do it by taking a toothpick and gently bind/stop the gearing of one set of blades then with your fingers gently try and rotate that set of blades to see if there is any play/slop. Because a set of gears is cheap.

fastlx
Guests
January 17, 2013 - 2:23 pm

HELLO, my name is Dave. Im in the NYC area. I purchased S107G from amazon and have mastered flight. Doesnt seem to like my surveillance monitor to much. Looses all control when I get to close. Seems after the hit, only top blades will spin. On occasion lowers will go and cause a spin. Never a lift off. Do I replace motor or board? Or, is cheaper to get another and use this one for parts. This bird has astounded me since I have had it. Hate to put her down over a small issue. THANX

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2