Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
WL Toys V911 4Ch
sevendy
Guests
January 27, 2013 - 1:40 pm

I know that this is a S107 site, and the S107 is how I got started, but I encourage everyone to at least try the V911. It's so much faster and more maneuverable than the S107, its true RC controller is superior, it comes with two plug-in batteries, and its blades don't get chewed up when it crashes--the list goes on. Plus it's only a little more expensive--less than $40 from Banggood. Yes, it's probably is harder to work on, since some parts are glued together; on the other hand, the canopy can be removed without tools. Also, learning the "mode 2" controller is also a plus if you ever plan to move up from the toys to the big stuff. But most important: definitely more fun.

zedorda
Guests
January 11, 2013 - 8:04 am

I ordered the Helizone Lightning Bird WL-V911 from Amazon and received mine about a week ago. I only flew indoors till this morning. It was reported by local weather a wind speed of 0mph. So I took out my Anemometer and sure enough no wind for the most part and slight 2-3mph gusts rarely. I have to say I love sky over ceilings. The only problem I was having is diving. When pulling out of a high speed 180 turn the heli comes out with the nose near straight down if you don't let off the forward stick while turning. Took me some time but I started mastering keeping the nose more level while doing a FFF 180 turn without losing speed. I had afew crashes where nothing broke except I did scrape the end of one battery on the pavement at one point. When I came indoors and put the batteries on the charger I noticed the scuff mark. It had actually punctured the battery and would leak a clear oily liquid if squeezed. I assume this is an oil insulator layer of the battery and wrapped the ends of both batteries with some electrical tape. The damaged battery seems to still work fine but I bet it will be the first one to go bad. I do suggest putting something on the end of the battery to protect from scuffs & scrapes.  

backpackstuff
Guests
January 11, 2013 - 6:30 am

I just ordered a V911, and have been playing with the S107.  I got bored of the S107.  I will post after a week of using the new V911.  I still like to play with the S107 in tight areas though.

nickden
Guests
October 27, 2012 - 10:19 pm

This is an outdoor flight of my V911 it's flight perfect indoor and outdoor as well watch my video .and comments please.I recommend to all fliers beginners and experience with a small amount of money (less than 40 US Dollars ).

Airfield Chorafa,Keratsini ,Greece

Syma Freak
Admin
October 4, 2012 - 3:55 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

nickden said
Yes this is the correct photo oh this Heli with the transmitter

Glad got that correct.. more flying info..does she drift away in a breeze etc..

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

nickden
Guests
October 4, 2012 - 3:35 pm

Yes this is the correct photo oh this Heli with the transmitter

Syma Freak
Admin
October 4, 2012 - 3:30 pm

Just edited your post,is this the correct photo of heli?

nickden
Guests
October 3, 2012 - 2:45 am

tbauer said

Just received my V911 yesterday and messed with it last night. Prior to the V911, I have only flown the Syma 107G and I must say this heli is a bit different and MUCH faster!

After several attempts to control this thing in my basement I finally stepped outside to my patio where I had a more room. My first reaction to the V911 was that it was flimsy, but after several crashes in my basement I understand why it is built the way that it is. And nothing broke after all of the crashes.

The Syma 107G certainly feels more solid in comparison. Something I don't care for on the V911 is the battery holder I find it a bit difficult to insert the battery, I feel like I am going to break it and it does not slip into its holder easily. However once you get it in there is really no chance that it is going to slip out.

Image Enlarger

Anyway after playing with it outside a while I am starting to get the feel for this heli, although I will need much more practice outside before reattempting an inside flight again. I am impressed with the responsiveness of this heli, it reacts very quickly to joystick movements and a slight touch on the yaw stick will get you spinning (quickly) however it stops just as quick when you move the joy stick back to center.

All-in-all I like the V911, but there is definitely a learning curve if you are only used to 3Ch heili's like the Syma 107G like me. Of course all of this is just my perception, opinion, and experience as of right now. I think once I get more practice and experience with this little heli I will thoroughly enjoy it. 

Hi I have already 3 of those sweet little 4 channels birds I enjoy very much flight outdoor in very calm days no wind at all,as you already mention is very fast Copter and very responsible to the transmitter ,for inside flights I suggest you the new transmitter released by WL Toys with two speeds low speed for indoor flights and the fast one for outdoor flight the cast of this transmitter is only 17,00 US free shipping .There is a button you can manage the throttle one click 20 percent power second click 40 per cent third click 60 percent and then full power clever !!!! With this transmitter will enjoy indoor 4 channels flights .Enjoy

Jaap...good luck when you receive yours and let me know what you think of the V911

Widdog
Guests
September 10, 2012 - 10:26 pm

Hobby King is putting out the WL Toys V911 4 ch as the Hobby King FP 100

Syma Freak
Admin
February 24, 2012 - 4:52 pm

Interesting post-guess as you realize you have gone from a 3 channel coaxial heli to a single rotor and 4 channel,does take a flying learn curve-I hope I am looking at the same heli.I have a lot of 4 channels,most have the same feel when attaching battery as a bit weak,but they are ok,never force the battery in,also experiment if to push battery right back on battery holder as center of gravity can change flying

tbauer
Guests
February 24, 2012 - 1:00 am

Just received my V911 yesterday and messed with it last night. Prior to the V911, I have only flown the Syma 107G and I must say this heli is a bit different and MUCH faster! After several attempts to control this thing in my basement I finally stepped outside to my patio where I had a more room. My first reaction to the V911 was that it was flimsy, but after several crashes in my basement I understand why it is built the way that it is. And nothing broke after all of the crashes. The Syma 107G certainly feels more solid in comparison. Something I don't care for on the V911 is the battery holder I find it a bit difficult to insert the battery, I feel like I am going to break it and it does not slip into its holder easily. However once you get it in there is really no chance that it is going to slip out.

Anyway after playing with it outside a while I am starting to get the feel for this heli, although I will need much more practice outside before reattempting an inside flight again. I am impressed with the responsiveness of this heli, it reacts very quickly to joystick movements and a slight touch on the yaw stick will get you spinning (quickly) however it stops just as quick when you move the joy stick back to center. All-in-all I like the V911, but there is definitely a learning curve if you are only used to 3Ch heili's like the Syma 107G like me. Of course all of this is just my perception, opinion, and experience as of right now. I think once I get more practice and experience with this little heli I will thoroughly enjoy it. 

Jaap...good luck when you receive yours and let me know what you think of the V911

Drivin_Dave
Guests
February 22, 2012 - 10:01 am

Thank you for the "IR Binding Primer" DrewDane. As SF recommends, I will follow your advise!

Syma Freak
Admin
February 20, 2012 - 1:09 pm

Follow Drewdane advice to bind two helis you should be good to go-Thanks DD

TonyVecchio
Guests
February 20, 2012 - 10:46 am

Hi Drew,    I noticed  a respone you gave to another member in January concerning the Syma S038G. I've been trying to purchase this model but have not been able to locate a seller. I was wondering if you could give me any information about  where to buy one. The following link  from Syma shows pictures and details http://WWW.symatoys.com/produc...../1849.html . I appreciate your help.   Tony Vecchione 

drewdane
Guests
February 20, 2012 - 7:46 am

Drivin_Dave said

My S107 is A channel and I thought his S109 was B channel until he took off with both heli's with his controller!

That's not really how it works. The heli will seek out a controller when you turn it on. If you are trying to bind two helis in the same room, it seems like they both bind to the same controller roughly... Oh, about 100% of the time. You need to take them into different rooms and turn them on so that they'll bind to their own controller, then you can fly them together. You need to do this every single time you turn the heli on.

Drivin_Dave
Guests
February 20, 2012 - 3:34 am

I like the idea of 2.4 ghz as my son and I have a hard time flying our S107G and S109G at the same time with the IR transmitters.

My S107 is A channel and I thought his S109 was B channel until he took off with both heli's with his controller!

I'd like to get a 2.4ghz outdoor heli, maybe 50 - 80cm size. Would love to see the S033G in 2.4ghz, maybe that would be a fun mod.Cool

The V911 seems a little small for outside use.

Your thoughts?

bobO
Guests
February 19, 2012 - 12:45 am

Let us know how this one flies, I'm giving it serious consideration.

Jaap
Guests
February 18, 2012 - 8:25 am
CPD
Guests
February 17, 2012 - 1:28 am

Yeah, the one drawback to thins forum is, while we're a friendly community, (kinda like… http://ww w.youtub e.com /wa tch?v=-NYj AnZ MCmY) we're almost exclusively devoted to symas, except for SF, one or two other members, and to a certain degree SN. (although bernie only deals with Syma in his heli fleet)

For the other helis, we can still help and could still use advice, but I'd make this the 3rd place to look for reviews. (but, I'd post any reveiws you have here)

(first I'd look around on google and youtube, (but NOT from videos posted by little kids and hobby shops) then look around at other forums, then here)

(Edit: How flipping hard is it to break a youtube link here???????)

Jaap
Guests
February 16, 2012 - 7:53 am

OK. Thanks!

I also asked Aaron of BangGood for help. So far no response...

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5