Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
wire splicing question
Tags: Syma X9
Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 27, 2012 - 3:37 am

That is not a clone, that is a different brand helicopter. A clone is claimed to be made by syma but isn't. If you go to any rc helicopter website, lets say xheli. You will find that almost all rc helicopters look the same. The design syma took is not a rare design. Even 3d helicopters look like that. It is just a more aerodynamic design. And because rc helicopters are not real helicopters, people are not afraid to make a helicopter that looks like it should not fly. It is like playing zynga poker on Facebook, people make stupid bids because it is not real money. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, I'm just trying to let everyone know that, that is not a clone. double horse, blade, syma, look like that 🙂

Hope I got a few things explained, God bless,
Old_Iron_Spine

drewdane
Guests
January 27, 2012 - 1:51 am

Freeonthree said:

Hmmm… I never looked to see if they sell rc heli's, but if they don't sell Syma, who cares. lol  Dennis

I see a few, but no Symas. There is this clone, though.

Freeonthree
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 5:45 pm

Like he said, use a bic lighter, heat the end insulation, and use fingernails to pull off about 1/4" of insulation. Next, slide you heat shrink tube over one of the wires, the one that allows you to get it furthest from the joint so you can solder it without activating the heat shrink, solder the wires, slide the heat shrink over the joint and carefully shrink it using the lighter. Then you have a professional looking connection. 

Deal Extreme has a fantastic deal on heat shrink tubing. You get 5 sizes, one meter of each size, for a bout 3 bucks. The smaller sized group of 5 sizes goes down to super tiny. They have free shipping on everything.

Be warned though, if you go to deal extreme, you may be there a while :>)  They sell everything from electronic cigarettes to oscilloscopes, and they probably sell more different kinds of LED flashlites than anyone on the planet, and the same goes for wrist watches. Better take a sack lunch with you. Hmmm… I never looked to see if they sell rc heli's, but if they don't sell Syma, who cares. lol  Dennis

Syma Freak
Admin
January 26, 2012 - 11:58 am
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

seaturtle said:

im planning on reversing wires on rear motor.my only apprehension is how tiny the wires are.my strippers dont go that small.any suggestions on stripping and splicing such thin wires?thanks

You could try this wire stripper from Hobbyking

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

bvc
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 11:57 am

Of heard people burn off the plastic with a lighter. Haven't done it myself, but if I did, I would wipe off any soot and possible residue from the lighter.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 11:49 am

I don't know how think the wire, so you may want to be careful. But a diner knife should work, or nail clippers.

God Bless,
Old_Iron_Spine

seaturtle
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 11:26 am

im planning on reversing wires on rear motor.my only apprehension is how tiny the wires are.my strippers dont go that small.any suggestions on stripping and splicing such thin wires?thanks

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2