Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
what the heck's wrong with the s026g?
Tags: Syma X9
bobO
Guests
February 3, 2012 - 9:26 am

Think thats what I'll do, can always send it back and get the other. I'll let you guys know how it works out, should be here on the 8th, keeping my fingers crossed.

seaturtle
Guests
February 3, 2012 - 9:18 am

give it a try.you can always send it back.i think they are all s026g's now.unless someone is still stocking old ones.probably old pictures still up for some sellers.mine have all looked identical to the one on the syma website.try it and let me know if it works.i might keep this one i got and mess around with it.its actually fun to fly down low.it flies straight to the ceiling with the body off.the body weighs almost nothing,but it makes all the difference.i might throw a new battery at it and see what happens.keep us posted!

bobO
Guests
February 3, 2012 - 8:41 am

Dang, just ordered one of these, it was 22$ and change. They have one for 28$ I think it is and Say's Army where the other Say's Dancer. Read the reviews and they seem to be split in favor of most being OK. Just wonder if the other has gyro as there is no G in the description.What do you tink guys should I take a chance or get the other one , I JUST ordered it so I can still change it.

Syma Freak
Admin
February 2, 2012 - 3:46 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Seaturtle-guess will see you in Manly one day,you will not miss me,bag load of helis and planes,catching the waves or turbulence or the ocean waves-life is a small place-cousins in Sydney,unreal!

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

seaturtle
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 3:19 pm

hey SF.i have cousins in sydney and an aunt in the blue mountains.you probably know them;) .the elevation thing is maybe it.my 107's will hit the ceiling no problem,though ive never tried them at sea level.probably woud bust right through it.these heli's have definatly been brand new symas.packet clean and fresh.they have DANGER printed under rear prop but the "G" pretty much looks like a "C". hence the "DANCER".

mo_jt
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 1:21 pm

Ah, but it does make a difference. Even if his helicopter is in a hover, it's still at 8600'. Yes, it doesn't get to any more altitude because it's having trouble lifting off the ground. It's like you are flying your helicopter about 8,000 feet above your home in the midwest. Even most military helicopters have a service ceiling of 12,500 feet. At 8600', he's only 3900' feet below that. I've flown in the mountains, and it can be very tricky...

The 026 is maybe the same weight, or just a little be heavier. It's still turning the extra set of blades. If the batteries are weak, you just aren't going to get any more height out of it.

He's on his third bird and is getting the same result---just saying.....

Syma Freak
Admin
February 2, 2012 - 1:12 pm

The big rc glider I flew off the mountain just hit the thermal like crazy-got 40 minutes flying-eventually laid down as neck got stiff and flew horizontal -all about air.Always amazes me the only weather you can not see,is wind and thermals,it is there but invisible

CPD
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 1:00 pm

The absolute altitude thing is very much something handy to know and very interesting indeed. It just wasn't what was meant in the op.

Syma Freak
Admin
February 2, 2012 - 12:38 pm

CPD said:

The issue isn't sea level elevation and altitude, it's that the heli doesn't get to altitude.

The 026 has a syma-made version, and a version made by somebody else with a "Dancer" sticker that is notorious for having bad everything.

Always you post interesting advice-cool

CPD
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 12:35 pm

Mo_Jt:

The issue isn't sea level elevation and altitude, it's that the heli doesn't get to altitude.

The 026 has a syma-made version, and a version made by somebody else with a "Dancer" sticker that is notorious for having bad everything.

Syma Freak
Admin
February 2, 2012 - 12:31 pm

mo_jt said:

Seaturtle,

Yes, altitude has a great affect on how things fly--that's why I asked about your other rc's. The higher in elevation, the less lift is being created due to the thinner atmosphere.

Like I said, my 026 flies great and moves a lot of air!  But, then again, I'm only 600 feet (182 meters) above sea level.

So true,I live in Sydney near a beach and fly helis and planes,went to what they call the Blue Mountains with my Axn Floater Jet Glider from HobbyKing and the difference of flying above sea level was amazing-flew my Syma 107 in the hotel lobby,just to show off in front of some older dudes than me,it was fast but harder to control-always a learning curve-said before asked Virgin owner Branston if he would take a Syma 107 on his space flights,no reply yet-All fun

mo_jt
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 7:51 am

Seaturtle,

Yes, altitude has a great affect on how things fly--that's why I asked about your other rc's. The higher in elevation, the less lift is being created due to the thinner atmosphere.

Like I said, my 026 flies great and moves a lot of air!  But, then again, I'm only 600 feet (182 meters) above sea level.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 7:50 am

Notice :

Due to excessive mechanical and electrical failures, all micro heli's, except the Syma S107G, are to report to the service dept immediately for saftey inspections.  Heli's that cannot pass the inspection will be melted down to make Walkera canopy's. 

Supernova
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 7:31 am

Can he play ?

CPD
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 7:28 am

There was one other person who had these problems, I reccomended he buy the 022 if he wanted a chinnok, but I think he either left or got other helis or something.

/forum/general-syma-s107-information/026g-dancer/?value=dancer 026&type=1&include=1&search=1

Haven't looked it over since we last dealt with it, but that's the last time somebody had these issues.

Supernova
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 6:02 am

Get the guitars out and make it loud turn the volume up to 11 and bust the knob off.

http://bestsmileys.com/music1/19.gif

seaturtle
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 5:44 am

i know.the 107 is a sure bet.but variety is the spice of life.i debating on trying a 022 or a 032.does anyone out there have any experience with either? otherwise,"F" it.im just gonna buy some more rice,and tune my guitar;)

Freeonthree
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 5:27 am

Just return it to the place you got it, and get another one. Better yet, get another S107G. Personally, I can't understand anyone wanting to fly anything but an S107G, knowing what I know now. 

If everyone says the chicken fried steak is the best, don't order the fried chicken. It may not be as good.

Also, I think contacting Syma directly, would be kinda like tr contacting Charlie Sheen, but you might be able to understand Charlie Sheen. 

seaturtle
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 2:52 am

it takes a full long charge,just like my 107's.i think its a cool heli.i dont see how syma could f%#& up a whole batch like that.there are plenty of complaints on amazon about them,but plenty of people who say theirs work great too.maybe they shipped out thousands of bad units,and now there out there being circulated around the world and it will take a while for them to be weeded out.if anyone knows where to get one that works,let me know.becouse i still want one. evidently,syma doesnt respond to emails,since ive sent a couple with no response.has anyone out there ever been able to contact syma?

CPD
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 2:08 am

That one has problems with a version that has a "Dancer" sticker. That one's a crap version.

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5