Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Want my 1st outdoor heli. What to buy?
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
January 6, 2013 - 1:07 am

Good luck! I don't have the time, storage space or money to spare to put toward an outdoor heli, but DH seems to be the way to go. I don't know about any unreleased Symas comming out this year, but at least all of the larger symas out right now, seem to have problems ranging from motors overheating on some of the older ones, to not handling wind very well. SF has said before that single rotor helis are the best way to go, and DH has a couple of about 3-foot long outdoor singe-rotor helis that handle the outdoors well. You just need to watch which one you buy, because it's better to get the newer ones if you can afford them.

That all said, hope you enjoy the little guy. You'll probably have that thing down by the time summertime outdoor flying comes along. Then you can move up probably in June or so.

NoLogic69
Guests
January 1, 2013 - 11:41 pm

Hi, just ordered a V911 Yellow, from Banggood.com. These are the older model, but going by the reviews and vid's I've watched, these are more stable in flight and more robust. The complete RTF package + pack of 5 pare 150mah batteries. was £21, I think that's just over $35 US, which is an amazing price, delivered to your door. My S107G's cost more!

Any ways, can't wait to get my hands on it. Hope it can withstand a few crashes til I get used to the 4 ch TX, we'll see. Will let you know how I get on , once it arrives.

Cheers & happy new year!

zedorda
Guests
January 1, 2013 - 6:46 am

I am about to do the same. I have the S107G and S800G. They have been alot of fun and great learning tools for me. Now I know I really want to delve deeper into the hobby but not full into a $800 size 450 monster yet but I will get there. The "Helizone Lightning Bird WL V911" looks like a good buy from Amazon atm and there are alot of mods in the wild already to add paddles & bracing for better outside performance. It still can't fly with much more than 10mph winds but I think size and weight are the only things to really allow that. 

NoLogic69
Guests
January 1, 2013 - 12:29 am

zedorda said
I would try a single rotor 4ch helicopter before trying a large out door helicopter. The flight characteristics are very different compared to coaxial micros. Plus crashes cost money more often the larger you go. I would suggest the Syma S800G or the WL V911. I am not an expert and there are others here that might have better suggestions.

Hi, I've had a look at the WL V911 and they look great, going to order one after the holidays. thanks for your advice.

zedorda
Guests
December 31, 2012 - 6:14 am

I would try a single rotor 4ch helicopter before trying a large out door helicopter. The flight characteristics are very different compared to coaxial micros. Plus crashes cost money more often the larger you go. I would suggest the Syma S800G or the WL V911. I am not an expert and there are others here that might have better suggestions.

NoLogic69
Guests
December 31, 2012 - 2:38 am

Hi guys,

I got my first S107g as a prezzie, and I'm now hooked. I've since purchased another, to extend my flying time and just can't get enough. 

You should see the excitement on my 9 month old sons face when he see's them! This is great that he loves them so much, it makes it so much easier to convince the Missus I need to buy more, ha ha.

I'm now wanting to get an outdoor heli for when the weather is better. Thing is the more vid's I watch on youtube, and reviews I read, the more undecided I am as to which one is the right one to buy. It's obvious to see that the S032, 031, 033, and so on, are not the greatest for outdoor flying. I then picked up on the DH9100 which look great, some praise them, some hate them. It looks like you have to mod the 9100 before they are any good.

Can anyone help with my dilema? Anyone fly these birds? Any other suggestions?

Cheers guys, I know You'll help.

All the best,

Mario.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32