Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Wall Chargers
JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
January 8, 2013 - 1:19 pm
Forum Posts: 264
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm not a big fan of  wall chargers. Too temperamental and

also wonder if fluctuating house current affects them. I tried 

musing my I-phone charger. That went badly after a few weeks  

of once-daily flights, then it was off to Amazon for a new battery 

and a rekindled friendship with my soldiering iron. 

If you guys don't want to plug into the USB on your 'puters, 

try using the jack on your cable/sat TV box or video game  

console. Never dreamed I'd be using my Wii for this but 

works great! Good luck and welcome to the forum!

CPD
Guests
January 8, 2013 - 11:51 am

YIKES! Get rid of that second one before you blow up the battery and burn your house down!!!! WAY high MAH and voltage!!! It'll charge faster, sure, but it does no good to charge to failure!

backpackstuff
Guests
January 8, 2013 - 6:56 am

The rule with lipo batteries is never go above 4.2 volts per cell. Normal charge rate is 1C.  Meaning if the battery is 150mah then charge rate should be 150mah.  I have charged at 2c many times, just make sure your battery does not get too hot. 

My experience I have with lipos have been with my rc truck which i run a 2000mah lipo battery and my boat that runs two 5000mah batteries at 3 cells each.  Charge time on those at 1c is approximatly 1 hour.  At 2c its about 40 min.  For my boat i can only charge at 1C because my cellpro charger is max'd out at 5 amps.  The last 10 percent of charging is low amps because it's balancing the batteries.  I usually let the charger ballance every other charge.

I am guessing that the electronics on the board limits the charge rate and voltage.  If someone wants to check the voltage, let us know.

I have been lucky and not have any catch fire on me, but i have seen it happen to other peoples equipment, a lot of hissing and smells bad.

When i finished flying, i checked my battery and its maybe warm, i have not waited the standard 15 min and i have had no problems, the battery maybe gets warm.  Also, the remote mod with the spring; did not have to do that to mine, it came that way from the factory.

Carl in WY
Guests
April 2, 2012 - 12:39 pm

Not entirely sure, but try plugging into the wall first,

getting alight of some kind, then into the heli.

Mine goes Wall (green,) Heli (red), GREEN AGAIN

when fully charged. Hope that solves it.

Anthony
Guests
February 27, 2012 - 4:07 am

I have two wall chargers for syma s107. My first one says 4.2V and 350ma. This one when charging there is a red light and when charged the light turns green.  Now I have a second charger which says 4.6V and 800ma. When I went to use it first time I plugged it into the heli and then the wall and there was NO light. So I unplugged because I didnt want to ruin heli.  Can someone educate me on this.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2