Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
two s107g spins on axis
I have 3 s107g's and 2 of them have this problem while 3rd does not... all 3 initially worked..
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
August 29, 2012 - 4:41 am

Well, and that's the hazzards of this site--you go all the way down one path, and then can't get the right solution, then you decide it's something out of your area, call somebody in, and they get it on the first shot. lol.

Thanks Raptor for the backup!

nosehair16
Guests
August 29, 2012 - 4:36 am

yes, R5 board.  and yes, i did what you suggest with both the working copter, and the non-working copter, and it's a very noticeable difference, the working copter resists my attempts to turn it, while the spinny copter just turns wherever i point it... you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. now how do i fix my gyro! :P  *I assume the answer is I don't , but worth asking*

Raptor
Guests
August 29, 2012 - 4:32 am

yeah, it sounds like it could be a problem with the connection on your Gyroscope.

I assume that you have a R5 board, as they are more likely to become damaged after a bad crash.

While holding the helicopter, give at about 50% throttle, and turn it clockwise and anticlockwise. It should try and resist.

If it doesn't, then its a probably a problem with your gyro.

CPD
Guests
August 29, 2012 - 1:10 am

Yeah, that means that the blade set that is rotating to the left is not throttling as fast as much as the one rotating to the right. (they're backward from the direction it would spin the heli) The cause of this, especially since it trims to the other side when low on throttle, is very hard to figure out. I think we need to call in the raptor on this one. It can't be mechanical, or it would have the problem at all times. (a sluggish motor or slipping gear wouldn't have it trim to one direction then annother, just to one side or the other)

I have a feeling it's in the board somewhere, wherever the throttle is on it. Raptor knows more about that kind of stuff than I do, so he should be able to help

nosehair16
Guests
August 29, 2012 - 12:27 am

to keep it steady trim is just baaarely right, like if 90 degrees is all the way right, and 0 is center, this is like 5 degrees right...   i noticed when i am going higher, it spins left, and when i'm slowly descending it spins right, so clearly as you say 1 of the blades is spinning more slowly than the other... 

CPD
Guests
August 28, 2012 - 11:32 am

Ah, ok then. That is, yet again, a whole different issue. I thought, from the descripion of the issue that it just wouldn't stop. If it's spinning too fast, then there's a simple issue of weight on something. The Balance bar makes it spin faster to one side (since it isn't the same ammount of momentum/force in one direction from the extra weight) but usually not that much.

I guess all we have is:
A How bad is the trim? Does it need trimed all the way to the right,

B try taping small weights to the other two blades to see if it helps balance it out a litttle.

What's happening is either the bladeset with the balance bar is spinning too fast, or the other bladeset is spinning too slow. I'm not sure what the cause of this is, since there's just soo many things that could do it, most of which I have no idea how to fix.

nosehair16
Guests
August 27, 2012 - 1:26 am

tried another remote, no dice, also, I dunno if I was clear, the super fast spinning is not failing to stop, basically if i hit 'left' it spins super fast to the left, until i stop hitting left, then it hovers again... the spin is just too fast, there is no wobble or other problems when hovering, it hovers just fine, the only problem is that instead of turning left at 1 revolution per second, it turns left at 3 revolutions per second... which makes it impossible for me to really use the left/right, cuz if i want to go 90 degree turn left, i have to push left for such a short ammt of time that i'm never able to do it right :)

I did buy a new main shaft and I will replace it when it arrives in the mail, but i'm pretty much positive that's not the problem, because it hovers just fine :(  I agree it might be something on the board, but replacing the board isn't an option so i'm hoping it isn't :)

Syma Freak
Admin
August 26, 2012 - 3:53 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I feel even tho you feel main shaft is not bent,try carefully bending the opposite way by hand as hollow,just a quick whoosh bend,,sure I could be wrong..CPD has covered all aspects,that is when I use the hammer like my hands to twist a few things,has helped some times..last thing to do tho-lol

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

CPD
Guests
August 25, 2012 - 10:21 pm

Ah, Ok. Completly different problem than what it sounded like the first time round. I was thinking it was the usual failed motor spins like a top and doesn't take off problem. To be honest, I don't know if it's early morning after a late night on the laptop brainfarts or what, but I just don't really know...

It's obvious it's something on the board's not right, though. Best guess I can give you is that the board's recieving "turn" and doesn't hear "stop turning." In that case, I'd say the board is broke, except that two helis have that same problem.

Do you have the other remotes? It could be possable that the two are slightly newer, older or something, and there could possably be a minute difference in the way they transmit commands, and it could be telling them to turn, but then they don't get the command to stop turning.

That said, that is fairly unlikely, and it could very well be just loosing reception somehow. When they loose their reception, they seem to tend to keep doing whatever it was they were last told to do. If there's some reason why these two loose connection, they'll keep spinning until they get it back.

Best thing I can tell you to do is to try with a different remote to see if they magically work with a different remote. Next to that, make sure the dark green reciever is bent down below the frame so it can recieve better.

Let us know what happens, and if none of that works, well, prepair for hardcore electronics technobable.

nosehair16
Guests
August 25, 2012 - 3:08 pm

1) both motor types, same as the working heli

2) yes they are spinning or it wouldn't be able to hover.

3) gears are neither missing teeth nor slipping (or it wouldn't be able to hover)

4) board is not cracked and does not look broken

5) hi :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....CQ8U8l_hYc

CPD
Guests
August 25, 2012 - 1:18 pm

1st, check if they have red/green motors, black/white motors, or two black or two white motors. (I have a reason for this)

2nd, check if the motors are spinning

3rd, check if there's gears with missing teeth or slipping, (check and negative)

4th check the board isn't cracked or anything looks broke and not screwed up

5th come back with the findings

~~~Back in the saddle again!

nosehair16
Guests
August 25, 2012 - 8:22 am

Hi, The helli with no problems, when i turn it to the left or right, it rotates on it's axis very slowly... the 2 with problems, will spin extremely fast to the left or right... they are able to hover just fine, it is only when i push left or right that they spin crazily..  I'm using the same remote for all 3, so it's not that... I saw a similar topic by another user 'crashed and now spins on axis' where after some investigation he basically gave up as 'problem unfixable'... I've also seen all of supernova's vids and none of them is the problem (ie: gears are all locking properly, although I did have a gear locking problem that supernova's advice helped me fix, thx... pins btw top rotor blade not severed, and main shaft not bent.

I am hoping that since 2 of the 3 heli's has this problem, it must be a common one that other people have seen / know how to fix. thanks for any help.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2