Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Top Rotor Gear Slip
Supernova
Guests
February 12, 2012 - 6:07 am

I had no idea sorry Smile

CPD
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 2:04 pm

You snuck under my post, and when I was trying to see the "1 new post" it just kept re-directing me back to where I was and I was getting all confuzzeled.

Supernova
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 7:41 am

CPD said:

SN-Sneek in under my posts often? lol. jk.

?

CPD
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 7:34 am

SN-Sneek in under my posts often? lol. jk.

CPD
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 7:31 am

That's odd. If it slipped down, it should be able to go back up easy. Try taking it off, and see if there's grooves worn in by the shaft, then try to line them up. If that doesn't help, let us know.

Is it just me, though, or is this the flavor of the month for repairs? We've had, in no particular order, a bad batch of bateries, a bad batch of gears, a bad batch of upper shaft connector thingamajigs, a bad batch of gears again, bad tail motors, bad recievers/transmitters, now the gears slipping.

Supernova
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 7:29 am

Degrease it then try a bit of Super glue.

wookiebender
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 7:24 am

Hi Superova,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Unfortunately the gear won't budge up on the shaft - I've tried pliers with more than enough force to warp the shaft itself to no avail.  Sorry I missed your chat, I was away from the computer for a bit.

Cheers,

Alan

Supernova
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 6:57 am

Hi wookiebender and welcome to the forum.

I have just posted a new video today.

Here. 

wookiebender
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 6:47 am

Hello all,

I have a S108g who's top rotor doesn't spin.  Upon disassembly it appears that large main shaft gear isn't engaging with the smaller drive gear - it's as if the main gear has slipped down the shaft - it can be pushed up to engage with the smaller gear, but the shaft naturally wants to slide back down and disengage the gears due to gravity.  I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I'm new to these fun little machines so please bear with me.  Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

My apologies if I missed a how-to elsewhere, I did search rather exhaustively before posting.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2