Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
The 108, 038... And the 036??...
TonyVecchio
Guests
February 21, 2012 - 3:24 am

Hi, I want to thank CPD and DREWDANE for the information on the Syma S038G. Now I understand what's happening. I've sent e-mails to most of the high volume sellers on E-bay and other sites that carry Syma products asking them to let me know when the S038G is available. As soon as I hear from anyone I will post their names. Thanks again guys, I really appreciate your help.   Tony Vecchione

CPD
Guests
February 21, 2012 - 12:56 am

CPD said

Yeah, so far, I think they've released the 029 and kinda released the 800, but that's it. The 029 is supposededly a peice of junk, and the 800 is $80 right now. At that kind of price, I'd save a little more to buy a nice 400 or 450 size biggin'.

Tony, they haven't really released any of this years new models of helis. They have them on their website, but none of us can find anywhere to buy any of them. Nobody outside of Syma owns one, and when we can find them for sale, it'll end up put on here. The 036 and 038 are brand new, and we're waiting for them. Something to remember is that the medium sized helis Syma puts out have had many bad reviews, and many aren't that great. Hopefully this next generation will be better, but the older apaches, the s018, and the s029 all have many problems, ranging from blowing motors every 15 minutes of flight time, to unstable flight, to having easilly broken bodies. If you really want a 038, just wait and see when they come out on the market, not just the showroom floor.

TonyVecchio
Guests
February 20, 2012 - 11:12 am

Hi Drewdane,   I noticed you mentioned the Syma S038G. I've been looking for this model but have not been able to find a seller.  I was wondering if you owned one and if so where you purchased it. The only informatione I have is this link from the Syma Web-site. http://WWW.symatoys.com/produc...../1849.html  . Any advise would be appreciated.  Thanks   Tony Vecchione

CPD
Guests
February 20, 2012 - 1:43 am

Yeah, so far, I think they've released the 029 and kinda released the 800, but that's it. The 029 is supposededly a peice of junk, and the 800 is $80 right now. At that kind of price, I'd save a little more to buy a nice 400 or 450 size biggin'.

drewdane
Guests
February 20, 2012 - 1:09 am

No, I sure don't. I just got the information off of the manufacturer's site, at the link provided. They added a number of models to their site around the first of the year, that they haven't released yet.

TonyVecchio
Guests
February 19, 2012 - 1:46 pm

Hi, I've been trying to purchase the Syma S038g, but I have not been able to find a retailer that carries this model. I noticed that Drewdane had information on size and color, and was wondering if he owned this model. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks,  Tony  

WiKi
Guests
January 25, 2012 - 5:42 am

As I understand the 'missiles' and 'camera' models - they aren't technically 4 channel - they're piggy-backing a extra command on the same channels they're using for the normal flying functions. They aren't actually adding another channel - they've added an extra piece of information that the rx then interprets and performs the alternate function.

CPD
Guests
January 22, 2012 - 10:00 am

http://www.symatoys.com/produc...../1846.html

Just checked, and while they might have had the 102s labled as 4ch, it's not.

Technically, it could be considered a 4 channel, but the 4th isn't side-side movement, it's shooting the "missiles."

(which would mean that the big boys that can do barrel rools and stuff aren't actually full channel because they don't have missiles... and you could put 25 missiles on, if you really wanted to try... (8 compass points for general angle, one row flat, one row upward, one row downward, and one missile straight down)

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 22, 2012 - 3:45 am

Oh ok, I'll check it out before I do anything. And the black hawk with darts is a four channel, so they have three, four channel helicopters.

CPD
Guests
January 22, 2012 - 2:47 am

They have two 4ch ones right now. They have the 800, but they changed the number on the larger one or got rid of it. I think the 301g is the new large 4ch, but it could be a new version of the 031.

I'd check before actually assembling the 108 that the gears are the same. They might not be-many of the parts between the 107 and millitary helis aren't the same, and there are two styles of inner workings for the millitary helis.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 3:29 pm

Exactly! But they are just using the four channels on the ones with cameras or guns. Four channels would come in handy cause I find my self coming close to the walls and have to white the tail around to push off. Speaking of, my dead 107 has to sacrifice a gear. A gear in my 108 shredded, and now it needs to be replaced. Oh well. I'll do that Sunday or Monday.

CPD
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 3:21 pm

036-34 cm

038-43cm.

The 036 has a nicer paintjob, but is only 3/4 the size of the 038.

The differences between the 107, 105 and 110 are different than the other clones they have. The 105 came out, and the 110 came out. The 110 is about half the size, and completely different in the way it works. The 107 came out, and replaced the 105, then the 107g came and replaced the 107. They only have a few 105s left, and only have them listed so they can sell the handfull they have left.

What they need is Mini, regular and large, and a handfull of super large ones that are 50cm, and of different styles. What'd be nice would be if they had a large version of the 119g.

drewdane
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 10:22 am

I'm with you. If you have to scroll to the bottom of the product description to see what the difference is, and the difference is a few centimeters of overall length, they could probably use their resources more wisely... Like making more 4-channel helis, for instance!

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 8:30 am

Thats true. And it is fine that they want to create different shapes, but if their going to do that, they need to make them bigger. Like, 031 status, so that way you can see their difference.

Like chemistry, you have water, fire, and acid, for example. The colors, the texture, the way they look, are all different, however, on a microscopic scale, you can't tell a difference cause you can't see molecules unless you use a microscope. The only difference you can see is the physical change. As far as the small details, you can't see those.

Do you see what I mean? Do you understand my analogy? When a helicopter is that small, different looks don't matter (unless you're looking at military helicopters) cause you can't see the difference, but when you blow it up and expand it, you can notice the difference.

drewdane
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 7:50 am

They have a lot of models that seem unnecessary to me. Rather than making different products, they just seem to make a lot of the same product in a slightly different size. For instance, the S110G, S107G, and S105G. All of them are 3-channel indoor helis, in slightly different sizes. The 105 has a different canopy shape, but that is such a small difference that it makes me wonder why they even bother.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 7:28 am

Dont do you mean "2"?

And I looked at the size size difference after I posted this lol, thank you drewdane. I am curious though why they made two when there isn't a big size difference and you can't fly either outside..

drewdane
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 6:06 am

The 038 is bigger. 43.5cm long vs 34cm for the 036.

S036G http://www.symatoys.com/produc...../1852.html

S038G http://www.symatoys.com/produc...../1849.html

seaturtle
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 5:52 am

Supernova said:

1 finger here.

not the middle i hope.it could be mistaken for a bad word!

(sorry about the banter,hard to resist)....:)

Supernova
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 5:44 am

Old_Iron_Spine said:

What's the difference between the 036 and 038?

I am very sorry but to be honest I dont know the difference Embarassed

Supernova
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 5:43 am

1 finger here.

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)