Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Takes off, wobbles, then crashes
Tags: Syma X9
rdwilson
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 1:50 pm

Anyone know what that piece that the pins shear off is called?

S107G-13?

I can't tell from the picture…

Disregard. Found part on eBay. The "13" is the entire shaft.

Wingnut79
Guests
December 20, 2011 - 9:59 am

Ok.... repair is done. I found that the "pin" isn't exactly what I though it was going to be.... it's more like two round tabs. The knockoff's top rotor plate assembly was in good shape, I swapped them out. At first it seemed that the rotor shaft was thinner but after a closer inspection I noticed that the genuine Syma has an additional sleeve around the shaft. Removing this allowed the knockoff's top rotor mount to fit. I found the flybar connector was a bit wide to accommodate the original flybar (flybar fit really snug, not free-moving) so I used a razor blade and shaved a small bit off each end. With all that, the heli is back in the air and flying great! 

Wingnut79
Guests
December 20, 2011 - 9:17 am

Yeppers.... this is a definite weak spot. Sheared off one of the pins this morning with a rotor strike, the bird stayed in the air but started dancing all around... first inspection it's hard to tell anything is broke. I'm in the middle of removing the pin right now, hopefully the pin from the grounded knockoff I have will fit. If not, going to have to retrofit something!

Gilbo
Guests
December 2, 2011 - 4:54 pm

Holy Toledo!! You guys saved my bacon. I've been searching high and low for the problem and here it is. Dropped the top blades and found the pins were sheared.

Thanks!!

Gilbo

Buzzsaw
Guests
November 9, 2011 - 12:11 pm

Congrats on the fix!!Cool

On another note, while waiting for my parts to arrive, I drilled a tiny hole through either side of the shaft where the pins were, and glued new pins in the holes.  Flys so good I may not even use the replacement parts... yet.  Note to all, if unlucky enough to have to do this, use a straightened paperclip to simulate the main shaft when gluing pins in to allow for correct spacing and to assure a good fit.    Happy Flying!

mamiata1
Guests
November 9, 2011 - 1:42 am

Buzzsaw, you got it! It was not the main shaft that was bent but the pins on the plastic connector piece that locate the upper blades to the shaft had broken. The connect buckles were the only thing holding the upper blades in place and you can only really determine this by taking apart the upper blade assembly.

After replacing with new parts that just arrived from China the chopper flies but was a little wobbly while hovering. After replacing the balance bar it flies "almost" like new.

Buzzsaw
Guests
November 6, 2011 - 4:22 am

Had a similar problem myself.  Check out the main shaft where it connects to the top rotors.  there is a pin on the assembly that inserts into the plastic clip that holds the rotors.  On my bird, that pin was broken, and therefore caused the top rotor to shake with throttle.  Repaired temporarily with loctite glue but it snapped again.  Had to order a new shaft....  but i have more choppers Wink

Syma Freak
Admin
November 5, 2011 - 2:48 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

If balance bar damaged sounds like a bad crash,check all rotor screws tight then look at main shaft to see if bent-keep us posted

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

mamiata1
Guests
November 5, 2011 - 9:56 am

I'm having the same problem and I suspect the propellor blade shaft is bent. Even before lift off you can see the copter shake. My son's which still flies OK does not shake or vibrate at all before take off.

Parts have been ordered. Stay tuned...

Syma Freak
Admin
November 2, 2011 - 10:49 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

@jfranklyn Explain a bit more of the problem so can work out what it might be

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

jfranklyn
Guests
October 29, 2011 - 4:37 am

I figured it was the blades that needed to be replaced. I did that and found one had a chip missing and the balancing bar had a kink. Put the new ones on and it still doesnt work. Now i have two that are grounded. My kids so bummed.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2