Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Tail Motor Replacement?
Supernova
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 4:39 am

I will get on it tomorrow, after work and post it asap. Laugh

bvc
Guests
January 16, 2012 - 4:35 am

That would be great!

Supernova
Guests
January 15, 2012 - 9:39 pm

Another opportunity to make another video ! on how to replace the tail motor coming up methinks Laugh

bvc
Guests
January 15, 2012 - 4:05 pm

Yes. My daughter only had hers a week when she crashed and it wouldn't go forward and back. I've never seen her look so sad. I thought, off to amazon to buy her another! Then I got a grip and investigated, saving myself 25 bucks.

CPD
Guests
January 15, 2012 - 3:51 pm

Gonna hafta add that one to the possabilities chart...

Thanks for that one!

(OT: POST 300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

drewdane
Guests
January 15, 2012 - 12:43 pm

bvc said:

If the blade gets pushed down to hard, it will not turn, making it appear the motor is out.

This. I've had this happen a couple of times.

bvc
Guests
January 15, 2012 - 3:45 am

Is it just that the blade is not turning, or do you know the motor is not working? If the blade gets pushed down to hard, it will not turn, making it appear the motor is out. Lift up the blade to be sure.

CPD
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 2:36 am

Take a mini screwdriver, take off the nose and one side's lower frame to get a look. Work on something where you can't loose the micro-screws, though!

Then, peek inside and look around.

If it is disconnected there, unscrew the plastic frame for the MB from the other side, lower it out, and solder the wire on.

JoeR67
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 2:21 am

I do have a soldering iron, so that's an option…

I guess my concern is that it may be disconnected from the main board (not sure how that's possible, but probably should check this first).

Is it easy to disassemble to get to it?

CPD
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 2:17 am

If you have a soldering iron, it's well worth buying the motor.

There's two ways to do it- 1 (the best way) buy the motor ONLY. There's some extra wire at the motor, so you can cut them, solder on the new one, cover each wire w. electrical tape, and you're good. Just place back in the holder.

2- remove the tailboom, and replace that entire part. I don't reccomend this unless the tailboom is really bent. Waste of a tailboom and money.

JoeR67
Guests
January 11, 2012 - 2:09 am

I've had my S107 for a handful of days now and the rear motor stopped working.

From what I can see, the wires are still connected (although I cannot see where they connect to the main board).

Am I best to purchase a new tail motor and try to fix it myself? Or will this be over my head and I'm just better off getting a whole new helicopter?

Are there any sort of instructions on how to replace the tail motor/boom?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2