Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Syma S032 Big Brother Review
lew803
Guests
November 6, 2012 - 3:33 am

Having flown the 032 for some time now, I have found that cooler weather will eliminate most of the loss of power while flying.This would suggest that motor heat does affect the operation.One thing that I can't do is wrap all the antenna wire on the skid.Leave about six inches free to drag below the frame while flying.Do not try to hook it to the tail boom.Let it float.This is a fun mid-size copter and fun to just bomb around the field.EnjoyWink

Ragnyr
Guests
November 3, 2012 - 8:11 am

Have you unwound the ariel
Have you primed the transmitter ie switched it on and moved all the sticks to all full positions BEFORE switching on heli
Have you after doing that switched on the heli placed it on a flat surface and waited until the green led stops flashing.

Apparently unless you do this odd things can happen

nickden
Guests
October 26, 2012 - 10:49 pm

Hi I just own this Copter and I faced a major problem from the first minutes the motors stops for very small time less than second and the copter drops and gain immediately height this happen 4-5times within the 7minutes flight .Can you have any idea what about ?Its difficult to say that this happen due to motor warm up because from the first minute this happen

CPD
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 2:41 pm

Considering I'm driving my mom's 1990 Olds Cutlas Ciera to school...

And, I'm looking into buying about a 95-97 Jeep Wrangler...

PT's were awesome to look at, HHR's are just plain awesome, but they all have the classic problems of the cars they were trying to emulate. Rented one a few years ago, and it just sucked. I didn't actually drive it, wayyyyy too long then, but it was just horrible to ride in down the highway.

The bright side is, now I know what it's like to be in a B-29!!!

drewdane
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 10:09 am

CPD said:

…an rc PT cruiser I had as a kid…

This made me feel old. I think of the PT Cruiser as a relatively recent car.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 3:32 am

What I mean is, if it is a plug in battery and not a soldered in battery, you can buy another LiPo battery or another NiMac battery or whatever, and you can buy a bigger one.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 3:28 am

You can go to hobby king, hobby lobby, xheli, or nitro planes and buy a new battery for it if you want.

CPD
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 1:55 am

saying about the battery not being charged fully give me one though... kiosks might have helis made last year, but never flown. If you have to keep the battery fully charged normally, what does that say about this? A new battery never charged, so it's possable that it would be a cooked battery right off the bat, and as such, would also explain a number of the "is my s107 DOA?" threads.

To me, sounds like CLASSIC antenna being bad.

(the worst I've seen was an rc PT cruiser I had as a kid came without the antenna for the remote. FAIL. Worked if I jammed the plastic ting to hold up the antenna for the car in where the real antenna was supposed to be...)

Syma Freak
Admin
January 17, 2012 - 6:13 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Minnie Carberry said:

I purchased this plane for my grandson for Christmas.  He's 14 years old.  We set it all up and tried it.  Guess what, it wouldn't fly.  Everything looked like it was ready to go.  Battery was charged.  New batteries in the RC.  When we tried to start it, the darn thing wouldn't get in the air.  If we touched the wire on the ski with the tip of the antenna, the props would rotate but not enough power to take off.  Any suggestions as to what might be wrong with this helicopter.  We are not in a position to return it so it would be nice if this is a easy fix.  Thanks!

Minnie

I also got your email-Ok let us go thru a few things.

1. Have you done anything with the wire antenna on heli,as un wind it from skid and hang it down to see

if picks up signal better,if so tie to other landing skid but leave a bit dangle down

2.Kiosk in the mall in Brandon, Manitoba is where you bought it by your email,have you contacted them?

you should before we go into touching the heli.

3. check battery connections in remote are connecting with batteries ok not shorting out.

4. just some times buying from malls do not sell you a genuine Syma,not saying that is the case

but there are fakes out there.

5. How did you charge heli?Could be heli just not charged fully

6. Just going through a few things to determine problem.

7. Feel there might be a bad solder joint on the mother board or remote

Keep us posted

SF

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Minnie Carberry
Guests
January 17, 2012 - 1:04 pm

I purchased this plane for my grandson for Christmas.  He's 14 years old.  We set it all up and tried it.  Guess what, it wouldn't fly.  Everything looked like it was ready to go.  Battery was charged.  New batteries in the RC.  When we tried to start it, the darn thing wouldn't get in the air.  If we touched the wire on the ski with the tip of the antenna, the props would rotate but not enough power to take off.  Any suggestions as to what might be wrong with this helicopter.  We are not in a position to return it so it would be nice if this is a easy fix.  Thanks!

Minnie

Syma Freak
Admin
January 1, 2012 - 1:40 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Brief Review of The Syma S032

Syma S032Image EnlargerThis is the Big Brother of The Syma S107-My Review.

This is not a little Bird. This is something different To A Syma S107.

As you guys know I am a Syma Freak with all the Syma Helicopters and could not help myself but buy the big brother of the Syma S107-The Syma S032. So decided to post a brief review on the big Brother S032.

I feel will start off with the specs on this helicopter and then move on to my review of the Syma S032.

Specification of the Syma S032

* Alloy structure, unique design
* Electronic fine-tuning, flying more stable
* All-round 3 channel control
* Advanced intelligent balance system
* New digital full 3D control remotely with power saving mode.
* Full function: up/down, forward/backward, turning left and right, fixed-point hovering.
* Product size:305mmx72mmx150mm
* Flying time: approx 12min
* Flying height: approx 50m
* Control range: 100m
* Charging time: 150-180 min
* Battery: 3.7v 500mah
* Battery for transmitter: 4 x AA (not included)
* Frequency: 27mhz/40mhz/49mhz
* Net weight: 1.7kg

That is just the start, this is a much bigger heli than a Syma S107 as you can see by the specifications above. More Below

Bad points of the Syma S032

1: I feel very much even tho the 032 Syma is faster due to bigger rear tail motor it is not a complete out door heli-It must be a real calm day no wind to fly this big bird.Was hoping to fly in hurricanes-lol

2: Know I am fussy but would like to have seen spare rotor blades in the deal package.

3: No USB charging like the Syma S107 and takes 40 minutes to charge from wall charger.

5: When the motors get hot, they draw more amps and that's when the board stops working and the radio contact is lost and the heli drops. Do not fly more than 8- 10 minutes even tho can go for 15 mins-just my view.

6: Instructions written poorly in manual-guess trying to translate from Chinese to English.

Not many problems yet but only had 12 flights-Flying this heli every day I will post on any other bad points I find.

Good Points of Syma S032

1: Much better remote than the Syma S107 as not infra-red which is a plus for flying outside - photo below

syma_s032_remoteImage Enlarger2: The S032 hovers really well with a small bit of forward slide.  the Syma helicopters are well made. Outdoor flying for the Syma S032 is doable but  stay out of heavy winds. It can fly a fair way from you on a calm day and you still have control.

3: The battery life is about 10-15 mins. depending on how much you use the throttle it. Charges with in 40 mins. It is 12 inches long, 6 inches tall, about 2 inches wide. Has awesome powder fleck paint.

I have decided to keep this as brief as possible with out bashing how good this Syma S032 is as you know me as a lover of the (Syma S107 (Review)

I feel this could be a great plus if your already have a  Syma S107. The Syma S032 will fly outside on a calm day. It is not really expensive to buy, but I ask the question of what are your needs for a bigger heli- Hey guys not trying to put you off the Syma S032 it is a cool big bird-However if you are just starting off flying mini helicopters to me stick with the Syma S107: It is a well proven heli- Just have my doubts about the Syma S032 as really just the same parts and concept but just bigger: Look really open to comments on this- Post below.

I own a Syma S032 but guess got into the S107 for indoor flying, so you might see not as enthusiastic on the bigger brother Syma S032. Hey this is just my feel about it-do your research. If this was my first heli to buy I would be wrapped-however bought the Syma S107 first.

12/28/: Syma 032 Update:

Well over the Christmas period really hammered the Syma So32: I have to say I got some really good outdoor flights on calm days, and got a small crowd around me in the local park-thank God I did not have a crash!-Tried my spy key chain camera attached with Velcro on the S032, not really very successful as balance was a problem so no really good videos to show yet-All in all have got a liking to this big bird-More reports soon

01/02/ Syma 032 Update

I am 90% wrapped in the Syma 032, the only thing that bugs me is the charging time around 30- 40 mins, guess I should buy two-like I have around 11 Syma S107 helicopters so there is one always charged ready to fly. Would like to see Syma organize removable lipo batteries like some of my other makes of helicopters like the Nine Eagles-however prices then jump up.

30th Jan Syma S032G  UPDATE:

I noted that I have a older model Syma S032 that has the smaller 11.8cm blades the latest version has 14.1cm blades. So I bought some from Amazon and put them on my old model-The change was amazing-lifted off with less throttle and control was greatly improved, also means less chance of burning out motors and noticed longer flying time less throttle, really worth the upgrade for around $6.

syma-s032g-14cm-bladesImage Enlarger

Hey Guys just bought the biggest big brother to the Syma S032G- The Syma S031G

Review now on the S031G -I bought the Syma S031G from Amazon

All in all I would buy the Syma S107 first, then add the 032G to your army of helicopters.

Looking to buy the Syma S032 I  bought here: Click Link Below.

Buy Syma S032 3CH Coaxial Middle Size RC Helicopter w/ Gyro
Or click photo Below.

Syma-S032Image Enlargersyma-s032Image Enlarger

so32_tail_rotorImage Enlarger
Latest Box S032G
syma_s032g_boxImage EnlargerSymaS032-out-boxImage Enlarger

This Guy Completely Trashed his Syma S032G. Shows how crash proof they are I guess!!

Found this Video On YouTube (music a pain)

Great Video emailed to me from Jamie also fix for motor cut out.
"Thought you may be interested in my S032g video."
I have two S032g's (both 27Mhz) and they both used to suffer from "motor stop" - ahhh.
Problem for me was solved by extending aerial in full to hang below.
Also had noise problems with 808 camera,
the S032g would fail to start, solved by wrapping camera in aluminum foil.

Black Ops Video from Jamie.

Amazon Safe Buying-link Below

Syma S032 Gyro S032G 3.5-Ch Metal Outdoor RC Helicopter Newest Model

As there seem to be few fakes around of the Syma S032G have put a link to Ebay-Always check out the seller

My Syma Store
Syma Battery Help
Syma S107 Mods

Syma X5C Review -Impressed

NEW SYMA FORUM

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page: