Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Strange Controller Issue
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
February 19, 2013 - 4:20 am

Ah, that's kinda important to have two remotes with two boys wanting to fly them. The one sounds like it has Toilet Bowl Effect, which we're hearing a lot of right now, or the pins are sheared off either on the balance bar or the ones that hold the upper blades on.

I would talk with Amazon, and see if they'd let you send back the bad heli with the bad remote for a good new heli with a good remote, unless they insist on replacing both. (in which case it's easier to replace both anyway)

Boffbiff
Guests
February 19, 2013 - 12:16 am

Not cross.  But do need 2nd controller, have two boys who will want to dog fight no doubt or race against each other - beside, i paid for two and want two :-)

No worries, will go back to seller.

I also notice one of the hellicoters behaving like it is in a whorl pool.  It kept heading but pendulumbed around.  The more you mucked about with head speed the worse it got.

I have to say, first impression of this brand are quite poor with almost 100% failure with less than 3 or 4 charges.

:-(

JB

CPD
Guests
February 18, 2013 - 4:16 am

Easy thing I'd say is to just not bother and use the other remote. Unless you have a reason to use both controlers, I'd just not worry. Did that with my s800g's bad controler until I got a second one anyway, and really any of these things if you have a second remote. If it aint broke, don't fix it, and unless you need a second controler, it aint broke. (Get what I'm saying or is it comming off a little cross?)

Boffbiff
Guests
February 16, 2013 - 8:43 am

Hi

I am new to this forum, so hi.  I am new to the S107 but not entirely new to helicopters having got a Trex 450.  That doesn't mean i am a great flyer :-)

Anyway, i bought two of the S107 from Amazon.  Opened one of them up today and started flying with it, no problems

After a while i noticed the engine power and head speed would drop and rise - i thought it was a battery low warning part of the speed controller.

I stooped flying, charged it up, waited for 10 minutes or so and started again.  The same thing happened, i just could not get the head speed to stay constant.  Thought it was the helicopter or possibly the battery, until i unpacked the other, same model chopper and swapped out the controllers.

When using the other controller, same channel, same room, i have no issues.  If i swap back to the original one, i get the problem back again - same batteries too!

I did have a look through the forum, but could not see anything specific - some good battery mod vids though.

It seems like there is a duff pot on the throttle stick?

Any ideas, or is this just a pack in the box and send it back?

By the way, i wish i had the spring in the throttle, neither of these controllers have it.  I actually bought the copters for my sons and they are not very old, so teaching them not to do the funky chicken across the carpet would be easier if the stick sprung back...

Any help much appreciated.

John B

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
17 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9