Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Stop Thief
CPD
Guests
February 19, 2013 - 4:11 am

We've heard PLENTY about TMart selling fakes over the past month. There's something like 5 or 6 topics now saying not to buy from them in giant, annoying caps. Sorry to hear a couple of you guys got fakes from them, just it's a little excessive when half of the topics posted have that all over them. Not yelling at you or anything, it's just a tad annoying after a while that every time I get on it's the same old "DONT BUY FROM TMART! THEY SELL FAKES!"

Just add them to the list of bad places to buy from in the Stop Thief! sticky topic.

Michael
Guests
February 18, 2013 - 11:15 am

My first purchase was from Tmart.com. I made a mistake I did my research after the purchase. The reviews on Tmart were just horrible they sent me a counterfeit S107G in a plastic bag which never did fly. I did my purchase using PayPal I opened a dispute against Tmart they did nothing so from a dispute  I opened a claim PayPal favored me so I will get a refund through there protection plan. I received my full refund on Feb. 17, 2013. Do not purchase nothing from Tmart they are trouble they will lie and cheat that is what they did during the dispute even saying there was never a helicopter purchased on that order. My friend also purchased his helicopter from Tmart receiving a counterfeit. DO NOT BUY FROM TMART. Michael

Michael
Guests
February 11, 2013 - 11:07 am

I purchased my first S107G from Tmart.com I was excited waiting for the helicopter to arrive. After waiting five days for its arrival it came in a plastic  bag a counterfeit helicopter. The top right hand corner on the box did not say SYMA an empty space and the handle was yellow. The circuit board is green wrong color should be red. Blade holders were incorrect and top of motors and wires were wrong colors. The transmitter has three bands A,B and C should be A and B. My friend also received a counterfeit from Tmart.com. Do a googe search (Tmart.com fraud). Michael

CPD
Guests
January 19, 2013 - 2:59 am

Yeah, the fakes are great if you replace the one motor that blows. You really didn't have to swap boards and anything but motor and battery. The board for the fakes is as good as the real, and the rest is as good, if not better. Just some of the batteries aren't good and one motor always blows.

zedorda
Guests
January 18, 2013 - 5:54 pm

I think it is one of the benefits of living in the states cheap shipping. I gave abunch of S107G as gifts for Christmas. I tried to find some fakes but of the 14 I ordered only 1 turned out to be fake. It seemed to be made just as good as the original but couldn't get more than 2 inches off the ground and the battery would die in about 3 minutes. I wasn't surprised it was only $17.99 /w free shipping from a seller with only 56 feedback and 93%. I was intrigued by the level of quality the fake had so I took the motors, battery and PCB from one of my parts grade S107Gs. After the swap this fake flies faster than all of my genuine S107G(4). The rear motor is more powerful but is louder so forward and backward is alot faster. I was shocked by how it performed because the lift seems too fast since the motors didn't perform that well in the original so I weighed it and sure enough it was only 33g. I pulled out my caliper gauge and the metal plates were .45mm thick(genuine is .75mm) the bottom plastic base looks paper thin and the blades are shiny and .30mm thick(genuine is .60mm). So it is in no way as durable as a genuine but if your good at flying it is a fun fake as long as you don't crash it.

Syma Freak
Admin
January 18, 2013 - 1:03 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Gee they are expensive on postage-to Australia $30,thanks for post but will stick with lightake just much cheaper for me,as no shipping,takes 2 weeks to arrive.

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Syma Freak
Admin
July 15, 2012 - 2:05 pm

The only downside to getting this board could be the fact it will not bind with a genuine remote,check with the seller on that point- As I have bought a few fake helis from Ebay they were unable to bind to the remotes of my genuine Syma 107

ripchord38
Guests
July 13, 2012 - 2:22 pm

G'day Again,

I had  a reason to buy a new pcb now looking for a real one and going on the advice in the forum that the pcb must be red and not green.

The seller on Ebay categorically stated to me the board I bought from him was a genuine SYMA Product it was neither red nor green but was a brownish colour he said I could ask SYMA to verify this as they had made a batch for the european market and not to waste them they use them here in China.

I have now given a 100% surety that the item is ridgie didge.

Does anyone have any comments on this at all I would love to hear the pros and cons.

PatCool

ripchord38
Guests
June 19, 2012 - 2:06 pm

G'day Mate,

You are spot on about the charlatans selling SYMA when they are not real genuine.

I asked a seller on EBAY a question about an S800G he replied that the item was a 3 rate product

his honest reply I trusted him and paid for it free postage.

I contacted EBAY by phone about forcing the sellers to to put in the BOLD LETTERS genuine Manufacturers Product

if not to describe that it is not.

I will believe it when I see it but they said they will do that. Also said that the return shipping out weighs the cost of the item bought.

Cutting the rigmarole I bought a S800G from Fever on your recommendation postage not bad to WA Aust. Amazon refused to post to Australia but sent a list of those who do.

E&OE VietVet ret'd FLTENG R.A.A.F.Cool

By the way thanks for the great webpage the R.S.L will know all about your site.

seamusagleann
Guests
May 2, 2012 - 7:52 am

well got my S107G ,and i'm really pleased with it ,a really nice looking machine and looks sooooo easy to fix ,flys great and easy to control! . the blackhawk arrived too another excellent helicopter ,can do a great trick with it ,i can make it fly sideways but not for long have to correct it or it gathers speed and loses control ,but fun none the less . the SIIIG  though is another story ,fitted a new battery but still can't get it to rise more than a few inches,unless i give it a quick flick on the left , it rises up a bit then flits back down to the floor again ,ah well back to the drawing board !!Cool

Raptor
Guests
May 1, 2012 - 7:14 pm

I recently bought 2x Syma S107 (R5) for spares or repairs from Dealstation on Amazon for only £6.93 a piece.

They arrived within 2 days, and both worked with some very quick fixes (one had glue in the transmitter power switch, and the other had a broken joint on the fly bar.)

CPD
Guests
April 28, 2012 - 10:31 pm

Ok, the 2nd or 4th's the one that should remain--the stupid post lag got me there!

CPD
Guests
April 28, 2012 - 12:47 pm

Well, I don't know why it's not letting me post a reply to anything, but I'll try again...

Do you mean the 102g blackhawk? If it's that, you're going to be one happy pilot! That thing glides around, and is just flawless.

(As for the new signature, well, I'm a life-long Neil Young fan... --and that's litteral!!! I've been literally listening to Neil Young since I was an infant!--

"Hey, Hey! My, My! Rock and Roll Will Never Die!        It's better to Burn Out, than to Fade Away! My, My! Hey, Hey!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....s_RAuTI--I know it says Hey, Hey, My, My, but it's actually My, My, Hey, Hey (out of the blue)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?f.....&NR=1 The real Hey, Hey, My, My (into the black)

XD )

CPD
Guests
April 28, 2012 - 12:29 pm

The 102g blackhawk? Youll be a happy flyer with that bird!!! Fly that thing as much as you want, it will fly like silk and crash maybe once a flight at most.

(Also, noticing the new signature, well, I'm a life-long Neil Young fan,

"Hey, Hey! My, My! Rock and Roll will never die! It's better to burn out, than to fade away! My, My! Hey Hey!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....eH8s_RAuTI )

seamusagleann
Guests
April 28, 2012 - 9:50 am

not yet should come on mondayish next week, but should have a blackhawk tommorrow and the battery for the s111g, get that flying ,then see a teacher mate of mine to do a fibreglass skim on a twister sea king body to make that more rigid ,fix better wheels ,i ask you !! all the landing pressure of that machine on two square mil of plastic , i sometimes think the guys that design these things need a reality check!!! i'll let you know about the 107 !! Cool

Syma Freak
Admin
April 27, 2012 - 6:42 pm

seamusagleann said
subject to peer pressure i too have bought a syma 107g ,from amazon ,mines red is there any difference with the colors ,appart from them being different colours?Cool

Just a question-have you got your 107 and if you have how does it fly? we are all interested- Smile

seamusagleann
Guests
April 27, 2012 - 8:25 am

subject to peer pressure i too have bought a syma 107g ,from Amazon ,mines red is there any difference with the colors ,appart from them being different colours?Cool

Syma Freak
Admin
April 18, 2012 - 5:53 pm

Thanks Carl-we are getting a great list here to post-good on you post

Carl in WY
Guests
April 18, 2012 - 11:40 am

Great Idea for a Posting!  Cheer the HEROES and BOOO the Bad-Guys!

I got my Genuine S107G - Yellow from Wholesaledvdsforless, through Amazon.

Also received my SYMA S032 from West L.A. Hobby Store (Yantai Tianhu Trading Co.),

again, through Amazon. Genuine in both cases, on time, tracked the shipping straight

to my door... NO PROBLEMS...

bvc
Guests
February 26, 2012 - 1:57 am

I've purchased all ours from Amazon,

s111g and s107g (white) from Halley R Us (perfect)

s107g (yellow) from A-Hobby (perfect)

Helizone Firebird (1 black and 1 blue) from LA Toys. It looks like LA Toys is no longer there. I don't know why but I was hesitant to buy from them because of low sales and low rating. They shipped quick and fly great though.

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5