Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
"She's the fastest ship in the fleet!..."
Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 1, 2012 - 4:58 am

I really want them to make a MH-6 little bird. The syma s106 is a Hughes and it looks a lot like the mh-6 but not close.

CPD
Guests
January 1, 2012 - 4:23 am

It seems like the only replacement parts for any of them are only from ones people have tore down to part out. They probably get more money doing that, but it's like parting out a corvette- just plain wrong.

The millitary series choppers are all well built, and I've only heard praises for them. The only one I've heard any complaints about is the random purple space/martian looking one. That one's really cheaply built, and not good.

I have a 102, and I'll recomend that on any day of the week. Not so good as a primary, since parts are hard to come by, but great for a second chopper.

The main thing is the rotors don't match up between these ones and the 107's. I want to try putting a full 107 set on my 102 to see what happens, but I never got around to that.

The good news is, the smaller blades have a smaller balance bar, which I'm guessing is better on the 107's than the 107 bbar. It's lighter, but significantly longer. The lighter weight gives longer battery life and less power and trimming needed, plus better responce times, while the longer bar gives it much better balancing ability, granted with more drag.

Plus the lighter bodies give much better battery life, and they are still solidy built. When mine crashes, it lands and bounces a few inches, and no damage is done.

I'm just waiting for them to put out a UH-1D Huey... I really want one... esp now that my project's ditw... for the fift time...

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 9:02 am

I was looking at the chinook, Blackhawk, and the coast guard eurocopter dauphin, and the cobra (which is the 108) so I was looking around at amazon and there werent a lot of replacement parts for any of them except the 108.

Xavier
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 8:53 am

very tempted with getting more of these wonderful little birds, 108 recommended huh? 

kinda like the chinnook, anyone got one? any reviews?

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 8:30 am

I just got my 108, and I LOVE it! She seems to to be a little bit faster than the 107. right before I finished the charge and she crashed she ended up doing a drift move, I believe the circuit board has something to do with the way she acts. The 107 seems to be a cruising helicopter and a help for leisure, the 108 seems to act like an attack helicopter, she's fast when she gets going, maneuverable, stable, reliable. The 107 seems a bit slower, almost as maneuverable, the 107 seems to have a little more power though, the 108 takes a little longer than the 107 to get up. However, they're both awesome helicopters! Very well done syma!

One thing I notice... My 107 seems to be a genuine 107, and my 108 seems to be a genuine 108. Here's the difference, the 108 has black rotors (which is in the pic) but the controller looks like it has more chrome, and has 3 frequencies whereas my 107 controller happens to have 2 frequencies. I assumed one is a clone and the other is genuine, but which one is which?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2