Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S800G liftoff problems
Syma S800G cannot get higher than 1 inch off ground
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
September 10, 2012 - 9:56 am

The blades are the military blades, I just checked them on my new one, which are shorter, but have the same pitch. The thing is, while they are shorter, the blade themselves start further behind the s107 ones, and they are wider. They give as much, if not more lift. That said, I use the older s107 blades on my s102 to great effect, while it does make it painfully slow. I have not flown my s800g yet, as it is sitting on the charger now.

I hope this isn't a common problem and isn't something mine has, esp since I've already sharpied on it.

As per the fake/real s800g's, I doubt there's fakes out there yet, If there were, it'd be easilly identafyable by the box, the blades and or the body. The nose and its graphics aren't easilly copyable, esp with the metal flake paint. (plus they come with the real black/grey motors like my WTT s107g has, while any fakes would have different ones more than likely)

bvc
Guests
September 10, 2012 - 12:31 am

There's only supposed to be 2 channels even though it shows 3. Many 107's transmitters are the same way.
The blades are supposed to be shorter and are not the problem. In fact, some claim they have a greater pitch and provide more lift, but I personally don't think so.

Shingo
Guests
September 9, 2012 - 11:32 pm

Yep, everything is tight. I checked every screw, battery, etc. I fear it might be a "fake" so I am returning it via Amazon and buying a new one directly through the Syma web site. The Amazon deal ($25.00) seemed too good to be true. There are 3 channel selections on the remote (A, B, C) which seemed weird since I can Only select A or B...the C channel position can't be selected. On Syma site, it's $40.00, but hopefully it will work right out of the box.
There's a video online (search for "S800G problems" since I don't have link here) that shows a guy with the S800G with similar problem where the helicopter cuts out after giving a little throttle as though there's interfearance, but I couldn't fix that even by moving to a remote room woth no infrared signals or bright lights. The motors / rotors just don't create enough lift. I was tempted to put on the blades from my S107 (which are longer) figuing they'd create more lift, but just wanted to start over with a fresh helicopter straight from Syma in case it's a counterfeit. Just weird that there were so many electrical issues when my S10z is still flawless.

bvc
Guests
September 9, 2012 - 3:20 pm

Is the rotor head loose?

Shingo
Guests
September 9, 2012 - 11:10 am

Just got the new Syma S800G to add to my collection (S107).  I properly charged the helicopter, properly cooled battery afterward...and first flight couldn't get more than 1 inch off ground.  Almost like the rotors wouldn't spin fast enough. I noticed the blades are smaller than my S107...but I don't think that's the issue.  It's almost like I cannot get the motor to spin fast enough.  I even changed to my other remote to test if the throttle wasn't going to full max on the S800...but even my S107 remote couldn't get it off the ground.

Ideas?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5