Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S111G v S107G
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 7:34 am

Ok then. Must be that it's a little different somehow from the 102. Will keep in mind.

Anybody else seeming to get the same answer to the match question 5 times in a row?

drewdane
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 2:51 am

A buddy of mine has a 111, and it was faster and a little more darty than my 107. YMMV.

CPD
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 1:39 am

bvc said:

CPD said:

The 111g is a slow but precise glider that just sails as smooth as silk.

Both out of the box, the 111 was faster than my 107.

hmmm... that's interesting...

Or, it could be the fact that I'm getting too used to having 107 blades on my 102... hmmm...

the 107's more of the workhorse of the two anyway. Jack of all trades, definately master of none. The all seem to be having drift/slide issues, and all have their individual quirks, but they definately are fun.

bvc
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 3:42 pm

macornley said:

I'm interested in the throttle spring removal, what effect does that have?

No effect. Some just like it. I like it. You just don't have the constant downward pressure making it's easier to maintain a constant height, IMHO. You can always reconnect the spring if you don't like it.

bvc
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 12:42 pm

CPD said:

The 111g is a slow but precise glider that just sails as smooth as silk.

Both out of the box, the 111 was faster than my 107.

bvc
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 12:40 pm

You will get better with the 107 but it is not a 111. Just isn't. I got my daughter a 111 before I got my 107. This was based on what others that had both or many said in reviews. They said they liked the 111 the best, and after having both I see why. It is so smooth and precise! Still, I can't afford a constant flow of new heli's, so I prefer the 107. I'm getting a second 111 for parts for my daughter and I'm done. I've told her, once it can't be repaired and fly, all she will have is the new 107 that's on the way. Parts and cost. Lot's of cheap parts, and easy to repair.

macornley
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 10:23 am

I hear where you're coming from but no matter how much I get used to it I just can't see the 107 ever flying as well as the 111.

I'll give it a bit more time and maybe eBay it, recoup some cash and go for a 102.

The whole 'easy to fix' thing is what appealed with the 107 but having taken my 111 apart a couple of times now, it's becoming less of a chore each time. Am going to check out the gears tomorrow and run the motors without the bodywork. If all looks well then maybe I'll try a new battery.

I'm interested in the throttle spring removal, what effect does that have?

CPD
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 8:41 am

The 107 is better to repair, and is a better primary heli, but the military ones are much more stable than the 107. The thing is, you started with the more stable one, and got the 107.

Are both blade sets working on the 111, though, or is the battery bloated? Sounds to me like the begining stages of a bloated battery.

As for the 107, sounds like normal after flying a millitary heli. Just remember, it's like starting with a 75 Caddilac Coupe D' Ville and getting into a Jeep. The 111g is a slow but precise glider that just sails as smooth as silk. The 107 is more of a utility helicopter, and is easier to mantain and keep in the air. If you had enough money, you could keep a 107 flying forever, just keep putting the parts and labor into it. Motor blew? learn how to solder. Tail motor blew? remove the old one, and solder. Battery blew? well, you get the point. The 107 is really a "users" helicopter-it is more of a challenge, and is more fun once you get used to it. The 111 is more for easy flying without challenge. You can't crash the 111 as much because you can't fix it as easilly, but you don't crash it as much because of how stable it is.

I would reccomend looking over the 111's battery, and seeing if it's soft and cushey, and get used to the 107. Take a pair of pliers and rip out the throttle spring in both, and get used to the 107, and fly it much more than the 111, and then you'll probably enjoy the 111g much more, and you'll develope a lot more skill.

macornley
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 7:25 am

3 weeks ago I took delivery of my first ever heli, a S111G. Straight out the box it flew like a dream, was really nice to fly, very smooth and responsive, going exactly where I asked it to. I got the bug...

Then it stopped! It won't take off and there just doesn't seem to be any lift occurring. Everything looks fine and now I'm wondering if one of the motors is on it's way out.

Taking it apart was a real pain (although after 2 or 3 times it does get much easier) and I began to think I should have got myself a 107 instead, just two screws to remove the canopy, everything easily accessible, and spares much more readily available and cheaper than the 111.

So I bought one! It arrived today. It looks great (although not as good as the scale model that is the 111) and I couldn't wait to get it in the air.

But what a disappointment. It seems to be all or nothing when it comes to lift and when you ask it to lift it's not an instant response. It's just not as stable or graceful in the air as the 111, not as smooth and not as responsive.

With the 111 I had confidence it would go where I pointed it and flying over and around obstacles was a breeze, in comparison the 107 seems to have a mind of it's own.

Does anyone else own both models? Have I bought a duff one or is the 111 a much better fly?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2