Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S107G repair question
Tags: Syma X9
rails4ever
Guests
January 10, 2012 - 5:05 am

I thought it was the same problem with mine-- and here's what I did to discover the problem and fix it.

Take a small screwdriver, and move the BOTTOM gear closest to the microchip board. (One that controls the top rotors). Move it whilest holding your hand on the top rotor, if you feel it won't move unless you let go of the rotors, the gear is good, now spin it around a few times and if the gear and the rotor spin the entire time you move the gear, the gear is good. Check all of the gears, because I had a broken toothe that took me hours and hours to diagnose, i purchased a set of new gears (extremely easy to fix) and replaced them and it works good as new. When you  hit or crash the heli it causes all of the shock to go to the gears, being that they're plastic, a tooth can break. If a tooth breaks, it will not fly and you will get that vibration in the rotors if it even spins at all.

From what I have read, it seems to me a great possibility it could be the gears. I'd sa 70-80% of the time it's the gears, due to the design of this copter taking the force to the gears, an extreme sudden stop at such a high RPM can damage it, I've felt the blade hit my finger at full RPM and it nearly cut me, and it actually hurt quite a bit. If all that force is on the gears when a sudden stop occurs, it will most definately damage them.

You're top rotors actually look fine, just make sure all the screws are tight but not too tight. Just not loose.

Let us know what you find out.

Syma Freak
Admin
January 6, 2012 - 10:38 am
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Found Suntekstore has some cheap parts-S107-13 Inner Shaft for Syma S107 RC Helicopter $1.90us with free shipping

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 5:09 am

Cool, is it 100%? Does anything weird happen to it?

EddieFromRI
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 4:47 am

Hi again,

The New Year and back to school had us busy and not many flights have been made since my last post and your suggestions/questions.

I took the tip off and put it back being sure to make it tight while trying not to strip the screws. That DID improve the next flights.

To answer your other questions:

The top rotors spin clockwise and the bottom spin counterclockwise.

When I hold the skids and it is full throttle it does NOT shake much.

I appreciate your help and will keep you posted.

Happy New Year,

Happy Flying,

Eddie and Anthony

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 6:54 am

Did you screw the tip of the shaft in REALLY tight? The rotor being loose wouldn't have cause it to spiral down cause there wouldn't have been additional weight added to it. You could try to tighten everything.

What direction did it spiral? Left or right? Which way do the bottom rotors spin? When you hold the skids, and go full throttle, what does it feel like? Does it feel like it wants to shake?

EddieFromRI
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 6:31 am

After reading Old_Iron_Spine’s post…

I DID change the balance bar and then….

My son has had a few flights.

I think it is 70 to 80 % better.

We put it on a table and landed it on the floor. It went down pretty good however it seemed to circle (with the nose pointing in one direction) while descending.

It looks like, at times the top props are spinning Unparallel to the bottom ones and then a second later they ARE parallel. Is that normal? I assume that is why the balance bar is there.

When do you replace the blades?

Do they get loose or do they eventually break?

One of the top blades seems a littl (very little) loose. It could be normal and I might just be examining everything too closely. 

Any further suggestions?

Eddie

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 4:18 am

You would think with all of these rotors clashing syma would reconsider their packaging to almost read to fly and leave the gears, shaft, rotors, flybar, and screws off. I will tell you though, they are WAY better than air hogs!

Supernova
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 10:52 pm

To be honest I think most of the problems people have is this one you describe.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 4:11 pm

I would check to make sure the shaft isn't bent, and I would make sure the balance bar is balanced, it should be able to stay in the center. It wouldn't have been your son to cause it to shake. It would either be the balance bar or a bent shaft.

EddieFromRI
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 1:51 pm

With ALL your help I finally got it back in the air.

I’m not sure it is 100% but I hope so.

I replaced the tip and moved everything from the broken tip to the new one. The first test flight was a little shaky. I’m not certain if my son was having trouble getting used to the controls again. It landed a little hard and swayed a bit at takeoff and while hovering. The helicopter is new and my son hadn’t flown it much before it broke. I hope it is back to normal. He seemed to have a bit more control over it prior to the repair.

The helicopter is recharging. Hopefully future flights will continue to improve.

Thank you so much once again from my son and myself.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 7:15 am

Oops, I meant screws hold it into place.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 6:42 am

Its not glued, just screwed on. You might have to tug it a little bit because it kinda clicks into place, but screws hold it in.

EddieFromRI
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 6:12 am

Does that piece come off the new one easily?

Is it glued?

Eddie

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 5:48 am

I mean the black piece on top of the main shaft. As far as the gears, they are probably as easy put on as they are to take off.

EddieFromRI
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 5:41 am

By TIP you mean the entire  main shaft

tag=syma107heli-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004N37Y8Q

Is it easy to remove and put back the rotors and gears ?

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 5:32 am

You just need to put a new tip on it. I wouldn't use pliers though cause of the grips. You're probably going to have to pull the bottom rotors out first, then do the gears connected to the shaft, then pull out the main shaft. I haven't gotten this far, but from the looks of the pictures I can pretty much tell you what I think you need to do.

Hope that helped,
Old_Iron_Spine

EddieFromRI
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 5:12 am

Here is my latest photo

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/.....oApart.JPG

I pulled at point A with a pliers in an attempt to remove the shaft at point B. Upon close examination I noticed that the Main Shaft is NOT connected to the circuit board however it is so tight in the bottom gear(s) that I can not remove it.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 4:30 am

How far did you get? Can you take pics of it all taken apart?

EddieFromRI
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 4:28 am

How hard is it to remove the top tip.

Is it glued?

Does it need to be re-glued onto the new one or do they snap on and off.

And if just the top nees to be swapped... did I need to take it apart as much as I did?

Eddie

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 4:21 am

Yeah, pretty much. You can do what your pleased to do though. If you replace the whole shaft, you'll have to remove the gears.

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5