Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S107G Barely Gets Liftoff
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
September 23, 2012 - 1:23 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Nine Eagles helis are ok..I have a few of their planes..as for RH/Control or LH/Control I think they mean you can switch from mode 1 to mode 2 just by undoing two screws on antenna remote and swapping around to the reverse of remote,really easy to do,plus you should have the option of pushing the throttle stick down to got to easy mode of flying,switching means you can have throttle on left stick,just easier in my mind to fly.Remember still a coxial heli and yes can fly outside but really hate any breeze..if you want to fly outside go single rotor,costs creep up a bit-like this one (click) Hope that helps....

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Quake
Guests
September 22, 2012 - 12:03 am

Syma Freak said
Have you guys tried Lightake free shipping.Have bought a few from them and also Focalprice for cheap spares, again free shipping-SF

Oh nice. Thanks for the tip! The pages seem to not be loading when you try to view a product on Lightake.

EDIT: Site is working again.

What would you recommend as a step-up from the 107g? Price range around $40-60. I hear the Nine Eagles Solo(FreeSpirit,BravoIII,Draco) is the best step up. I would love to get your guys' inputs before going ahead with the purchase.

Also, what does it mean by right-hand control/left-hand control? Which is the norm? This is the one I was looking at buying, though there is a left hand control version and a right hand control.

Nine Eagles Bravo III (Right Hand Control)

Nine Eagles Bravo III (Left Hand Control)

Syma Freak
Admin
September 21, 2012 - 9:48 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Have you guys tried Lightake free shipping.Have bought a few from them and also Focalprice for cheap spares, again free shipping-SF

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

voodoo
Guests
September 21, 2012 - 4:40 am

Hey quake, glad you got the little beast sorted out.  If I understand correctly you are in Canada?  if so, and you want a reputable place to get spares..and full heli's for a decent price, there is Toys'n More, who are actually in the US, (Portland Oregon) but have a Canadian component and phone line.  Best to call the US line as the Canadian one is pretty much just a place to leave a message, but Alex gets back to you quickly!  No website that I'm aware of, but they do trade shows.. in Canada, like the CNE in Toronto where I got my 3.8 107's. (three new in box...one slightly used!)

Alex puts together a little package of spares covering the usual stuff that wears or breaks, but you can order anything from him.  I'm getting a list of stuff that I'm thinking will be needed in the future...(15 year old son will be flying 107's soon)...amd I've put my little 'trainer' (the 0.8 machine) into the ceiling, walls, furniture....  it can only take so much! LOL  It was a 'parts' machine I got at their booth at the CNE but after some work flies pretty good, in spite of chipped blades and god knows how many flights/crashes..it was one of their.."look how well this helicopter survives crashes" demo machines from the show, which I got on the last day after two weeks!!  The young lady flying at the booth would routinely take the heli's to about twenty or so feet in altitude, cut the throttle and let the machine plummet to the floor...then blip the throttle to get her back on the skids..then take off and fly around, demonstrating the 'durability' of the 107.  That this one still flies is testsament to that claim!!!Laugh

We call her 'Shakey' due to the vibration (rotors and shaft I'll bet) but she still flies!!

The phone number for Alex in the US is 503-281-4530.

See what he can do price and shipping cost wise for parts.

I can't get Amazon to ship to my Canadian address, and haven't found an online supplier with a good rep or low shipping costs to here either! 

Quake
Guests
September 21, 2012 - 2:48 am

Just thought I should post a little update.

I was able to get new motors and a new battery off of Amazon, and shipped them to my US address. I'll post the links at the end.

First thing I did was install the new battery and tested it out, and it works perfectly now! Didn't have to touch the motors at all. With the battery I decided to go with an upgraded 240 mah 3.7V battery. It's about twice the size in length, so it was definitely a tight fit.

I removed the little weight that was attached to the shell and used the yellow insulation tape that was on the old battery to tape the weight to the tail fin. I'm a sucker for aesthetics, so the yellow tape was nearly perfect for the job. Without moving the weight it was fairly nose-heavy during flight, but with the weight in the back it seems to be fairly balanced.

The new battery has also let me fly for twice as long. ~12-14 minutes.

I decided to not bother replacing the motors unless absolutely necessary. Flies great as is.

I went to go visit my grandpa, who is also fairly new to helicopters though he has been flying RC planes his whole life, and he showed me his other RC helicopters he bought. I'm unsure of what they are exactly, but one of them was a quadrocopter. It was pretty neat and fairly difficult to fly. Anyways, I noticed the controller didn't have a spring on the throttle, so I decided to make a few little changes to my controller.

The first thing I did was remove the spring and wrapped it around like in SuperNova's video. I also heard about squaring the corners of the right stick to allow for faster spinning at full speed, so I took an exacto knife and did just that. I don't see a difference, though I never really paid any attention to the rotational speed before making the modification.

I can definitely see me making a hobby out of this. Never thought I would enjoy flying RC helicopters so much. It's a lot of fun, though looks like it's very expensive. Is there way to specifically find good-yet-cheap knock-offs? lol

P.S. I apologize for my awkward sentences and wording. I have no idea what is going on with me today haha.

CPD
Guests
September 5, 2012 - 8:56 am

These forums aren't just for if you have questions, stick around anyway! It's more fun to be here when your helis are working right, anyway!

Quake
Guests
September 5, 2012 - 5:43 am

Awesome thank you very much for your help. I like how knowledgeable everyone is on these forums. If I have any other questions I'll definitely be coming back.

CPD
Guests
September 5, 2012 - 2:13 am

Yep, that's the common problem with the fakes--the motor blows.

I don't know where to get them from in Canada, and I really don't actually buy many parts as it is, just blades every now and then. (and even at that, I have a fair number of spare blades handy)

Check Amazon, because they usually have genuine parts, even if they usually don't have real helicopters. I can tell you from my yellow one that the fakes with replaced motors are very nice helicopters, as good if not better than the real ones. When I bought my yellow one, it was apparent that it was a fake that had a blown motor and was returned to amazon, then bought cheaply by somebody that swapped the motor and sold again. (or amazon had somebody do it for them)

All it takes is a wire cutter and stripper, electrical tape (to insulate the solder joints) and a soldering gun/iron. I think SN has a video on how to do it in his repair section. I also assume that looking at pictures online that it's the A motor.

But, I would advise that you at least buy a second motor. It's up to you wither or not you replace both fake motors or not, but I would have a spare motor on hand, especially since Amazon's showing not that many left in stock. I'm guessing that they'll get more in, but who knows. It's not much to just buy a A-B set, and wouldn't take anything to swap them both out while you're at it.

Good luck!

Quake
Guests
September 4, 2012 - 11:43 pm

Yeah one of them is red/green. Thank you for the help!

Where would I be able to get genuine motors in Canada?

Is this a good place? http://www.thinkrc.com/syma-pa.....-9_60.html

If so, which one am I needing? A or B? It's the bottom set of rotors that are not spinning good.

CPD
Guests
September 4, 2012 - 9:48 pm

Well, sorry this is a little bit later than I usually like to reply. I tried to reply right when this was first posted, but my internet's been pooping on me. (granted I just fixed it with one stupid thing I should have throught of a week ago)

Sounds to me like either a motor is bad or going bad, or it is despratly in need of lubrication. Look around, and there might be a little dirt or dust on the gears, or the axel for the middle gear could be bent a little.

One quick question-- are the motors red/pink and green, black and white, both black or both white? If they're red/pink and green, then it's very likely that there is a bad motor.

Hope this helps!

Quake
Guests
September 2, 2012 - 2:41 am

Hello, I have a Syma S107G and it used to work perfect a month ago when I first got it, but now it barely gets any lift. When I first power it up, it flies up like normal but then a few seconds after it starts to lose altitude and it just stays hovering above the ground.

Also, it has a want to always spin right so I need to have the dial all the way to the left to balance it out.

The lower rotor seems to be pretty stiff. It comes to a complete sudden stop rather quickly, so I'm unsure if that's the problem or if it's a battery problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Quake

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
14 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32