Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S107 / Remote - Blind Spot?
CPD
Guests
January 4, 2012 - 7:49 am

You don't need to fly it really high- just sit on the floor or on a chair. Pull out the old folding chair that everybody has for when inlaws come unexcpectedly, and fly it in front of you. Raise the remote from the floor until it falls. It won't get hurt, but if you're worried, since it may bend the skids when it crashes, put a pillow or two under where you're hovering.

That eliminates all I can think of, so SF needs to answer this.

Don't know if you listen to CarTalk or not, but this is where we try to see if there's something that will give the guys some kinda-sorta info.

If it works, though, I'd say just give that one to a kid to fly, or sit when flying it.

That's all I have to offer...Cry

Sorry I couldn't help more...

Jackyl71
Guests
January 4, 2012 - 4:34 am

CPD said:

Until you mentioned that they were the same, I was going to suggest bending down the reciever, but if they're the same, no real use there.

I had tried that initially, at least bent it a little more down/forward, but it didn't help...

CPD said:

A few quick things, though, are there any lights on one side or the other that are on when either helis are flying, or have you tried on both sides of the room? And did you look for any loose wires or connections? (if you turn, they might be disconnecting, and sending it plummeting due to the fast turn instead of an IR problem)

Yep, checked for loose wires and connections. Nothing there. And nothing environmental (lights/TV/sunlight) seem to make a difference, either.

CPD said:

I would also try flying it above the remote a few times, to see if it falls then too. If you have to, get it hovering, and sit down in front of it, and turn it to face you, and see if it drops, then raise the remote until it falls. That gives a sense if it's a directional-specific thing with the reciever where there's a dead cone from the receiver, but not much more. (also eliminates any wire theories)

Kinda not wanting to drop it from that kinda height, just in case... (lol) But I'll probably try it, in the name of science and experimentation!

Thanks for the input. I hope to spend a little time on it tonight. Smile

Jackyl71

CPD
Guests
January 3, 2012 - 11:40 am

The new board is most likely going to be one from a fake, which has its own set of frequencies. The IR reciever can't be replaced to my knowlege, although Syma Freak may know something I don't.

Until you mentioned that they were the same, I was going to suggest bending down the reciever, but if they're the same, no real use there.

I'll need to let the more expert guys in on this one.

A few quick things, though, are there any lights on one side or the other that are on when either helis are flying, or have you tried on both sides of the room? And did you look for any loose wires or connections? (if you turn, they might be disconnecting, and sending it plummeting due to the fast turn instead of an IR problem)

I would also try flying it above the remote a few times, to see if it falls then too. If you have to, get it hovering, and sit down in front of it, and turn it to face you, and see if it drops, then raise the remote until it falls. That gives a sense if it's a directional-specific thing with the reciever where there's a dead cone from the receiver, but not much more. (also eliminates any wire theories)

I would also try cleaning the reciever, and bending it ayway downward until it is parallel or slightly downward from the board just to try.

Jackyl71
Guests
January 3, 2012 - 6:48 am

Hello all!

I'm having an issue with my new S107 (yellow), where I seem to have a blind spot on my IR receiving sensor on the heli when flying nose-in. If I turn on the heli (giving the gyro a few seconds to initialize) and place it on the ground in front of me with the nose facing me, I get nothing when I throttle up...Yell

If I turn it tail-in or side-in and throttle up, I get lots of love, and it flies like a champ!

UNTIL I rotate it to a nose-in orientation, and she drops out of the air like a little yellow stone. Embarassed

I have another S107 (red) and I have no problems with it. Flies beautifully! I have interchanged the controllers, and have eliminated the yellow's remote as the issue. It flies the red with no issues, and the yellow heli still shows the same problems when I use the red controller.

I have compared the two S107's in physical layout and how the IR 'eye' is located and oriented... Everything is identical.

Has anyone had a similar issue? What was done to repair it? Does anyone know if the IR sensor/receiver is a part that can be bought at the local Radio Shack? Or is it just as easy to buy a new board for $10?

Thanks,

Jackyl71

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9