Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S107 Fault Diagnosis
Assistance required in diagnosing my crippled S107.
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
June 6, 2014 - 7:52 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi Costal, Actually MikeK is correct.Just to put my bit in, lipo batteries are tricky dudes, two hours charging say using a usb cable is to long.. a few scenarios here. First after flights did you let the heli cool down for say 10-15 minutes before recharging? 2nd if the usb cable does not become red again after say 40 minutes, suspect usb cable, try then charging from remote.3rd take off canopy and look at the battery,is it bloated or weeping? To me all says a battery not holding a charge, check out this link.

http://syma107.com/forum/frequ.....ow-to-fix/

Keep us posted, and thank you MikeK  for your prompt reply.

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

MikeK
Members
May 24, 2014 - 7:04 am
Forum Posts: 178
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Coastal said
My beloved S107 does not have a lot of flight hours and has never taken any serious knocks.

Fault being experienced:-

After brand new controller batteries inserted and heli charged for a couple of hours, it would only lift off the ground for a few inches before settling down again. I let the rotors stop and then apply throttle again... and more than often the rotors would not spin (main and rear) again.  I then have to leave it alone for a few seconds (sometimes turning off and on again) and then try again.  Sometimes the rotors would start again, but once again will still not lift off the ground.  When I hold it my hand and apply full throttle the rotors spin but quickly the sound becomes stuttery, as if there is a power fluctuation.

I cannot see any visible faults to the heli (cogs, rotors, buckle etc), hence I suspect it is either battery or motor related.

How can I diagnose before I order the spares? I have a multimeter... just don't know what to look for.

Many thanks for any assistance.

If everything was working okay before changing the controller batteries I would focus on the controller.  Check those new batteries for a dead one, check the contacts for corrosion.  Also, you said you charged the heli for "a few hours."  Although Syma has said the charging circuit contains a limiter to prevent over-charging I wouldn't rule out a malfunction which could have damaged the battery. 

What charging method did you use?  USB or controller provision?  Did the red light on the charger cord handle come on? 

Coastal
Guests
May 23, 2014 - 8:44 am

My beloved S107 does not have a lot of flight hours and has never taken any serious knocks.

Fault being experienced:-

After brand new controller batteries inserted and heli charged for a couple of hours, it would only lift off the ground for a few inches before settling down again. I let the rotors stop and then apply throttle again... and more than often the rotors would not spin (main and rear) again.  I then have to leave it alone for a few seconds (sometimes turning off and on again) and then try again.  Sometimes the rotors would start again, but once again will still not lift off the ground.  When I hold it my hand and apply full throttle the rotors spin but quickly the sound becomes stuttery, as if there is a power fluctuation.

I cannot see any visible faults to the heli (cogs, rotors, buckle etc), hence I suspect it is either battery or motor related.

How can I diagnose before I order the spares? I have a multimeter... just don't know what to look for.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5