Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Real or a Counterfeit.
Where can I Purchase a real Syma S107G?
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
February 8, 2013 - 8:11 am

The problem with the fakes is they use cheap plastic on their brush holders in their motors, and the one allways blows. Yours won't have one right now, but I'd say there is at least a 75% chance that it'll blow the motor.

There aren't any major problems otherwise with a fake heli, they're quite nice once you get them running. My first s107 is a fake, and until recently when I broke the wires off of the tail motor, it is a very nice flyer. Somebody replaced the bad motor on it, and it flies just as well, if not better than the real symas.

As for who is making them, nobody can really say. China says they have pattent laws, but no pattent law applies to ANY Chineese company. (But if you say "Alright, you want to play that game?" and steal their pattents... they'll just about send their army after you!) Anybody with a factory with an injection molder could be making these on the side. Heck, when demand's down for the iPad and iPod, I woldn't be suprised if they're making fake 107's to cover costs! That applies to ALL products made in China. Guns, iPads, tools, everything! I know that Norinco takes US pattents for firearms, and makes cheap coppies in China where they can get out from under the pattents. Then Apple actually wanted to pull out from China, but the company that owns the factories they contracted to make them bullied them, threatening them with the fact that they already had the equipment and know-how to flood the market with fake iPods/iPhones/iPads for a fraction of the cost. (If I remember right, they were claiming they could sell $800 iPad clones for $120)

Michael
Guests
February 8, 2013 - 7:25 am

Why do you say it has a blown motor? Both motors are fine. Who is making all these counterfeit helicopters and how big of a problem is it? I am waiting on another helicopter from Amazon SEMI HELI. SEMI HELI looks to have a good record. Are many people still receiving fake helicopters? Is it just Syma or is it a problem with all the brands. I am looking to buy a S107G White/Gray since its a new model have they had enough time to make counterfeits plus I think they look sharp. Like you said there is not much new info on counterfeits here. Michael

CPD
Guests
February 7, 2013 - 12:30 pm

Yeah, it's a fake. Just fly it until it dies, then replace the blown motor and keep flying. If you replace the motor that's going to blow on it, you'll have a great heli that'll last as long, if not longer than the real ones.

The whole thing on the fakes on the site is VERY outdated now, and really should be updated. Having a fake heli means NOTHING if you're able to replace the blown motor.

Michael
Guests
February 6, 2013 - 8:39 pm

Hello Syma people I made my first heli purchase a yellow Syma S107G from Tmart.com. I was not aware of all the counterfeits until after I made my purchase. First I did a research on Tmart.com it was the worst terrible. The heli arrived in five days opened the bag not a sturdy box a counterfeit. The box it arrived in there was no word SYMA in the upper right hand corner the handle was yellow. The heli has a green circuit board with a red led light and the motors are the wrong colors. The transmiter has a A,B and C channels not just A and B. The charger cord is one foot long not the three foot lenghts I see on the internet. The plug that plugs into the heli just falls out not snug at all. I live in S. Calif close to Xheli.com and Thinkrc.com how are they to order from? Does anyone have a reliable place to order? I am liking the Syma S107G white/grey. I do have another yellow heli ordered from Amazon.com Syma Heli. How are they?  Thanks, Michael

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2