Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Random mods.
Raptor
Guests
June 11, 2012 - 10:52 am

if the voltage across the board is more than 4.2v then it will be damaged. however it is quite easy to supply the motors with 7.4v and the board with 3.7v.

Just a rough sketchImage Enlarger

Using PWM, you should be able to safely double the voltage, if the motor is turned on for half of the time.

This could be calibrated by using the Throttle cap mod set at 50%.

CPD
Guests
June 11, 2012 - 10:24 am

The problem there is that the board is made for 3.7v, and would fry at probably 5v. Also, the motors wouldn't last long at 7.4v before A overheating and potentially B completly failing. Double the voltage, double to quadrouple the heat. (depending on the resistance at what temperature for the wires)

I'm guessing that if the board doesn't fail upon powering up, then it will fly really well for about 4 minutes, fall out of the sky, and the motor's plastic brushe holders and bushings will weld the engines permanently. If they don't overheat too bad, then maybe it can fly like the s031 or whatever the larger heli is that overheats and crashes every 4 minutes. (Wait... maybe there's 3.7v motors in it and that's the problem...)

Raptor
Guests
June 10, 2012 - 9:51 am

Another idea that just crossed my mind, to get more lift out of the S107.

instead of using 2 batteries in parallel (piggy backed), has anyone used them in series, to get 7.4v to the main drive motors.

If fine tuned with the throttle limit mod, the s107 could be given more thrust for lifting cameras etc, at the risk of burning out the motors.

Raptor
Guests
June 10, 2012 - 4:32 am

After looking at your image, it got me wondering if the S800 helicopter could be converted from a coaxial helicopter into a single rotor.

Im not sure how well it would at stabilizing without a flybar though.  

its just an idea, but it could be possible to un-mix the signal from the coaxial rotors to control the tail. but without adding another 2 gyros it cant control the pitch or yaw 🙁  

bvc
Guests
June 10, 2012 - 3:58 am

Fixed the TBE. I crashed so hard the frame pegs came up out of the base. I didn't put the support screws back in because I never needed to on the S107. Also, the top rotor mount, where the screws tighten it onto the shaft, were cracked. So I'm down to one top rotor mount for two S800's until I get replacements.

After reassembling it it still had a slight TBE. Something else isn't happy, probably from running it with the frame out of the base. So I ended up having to put the supports and stock flybar back on.

Image Enlarger

Being a coaxial and having smaller motors, it just can't handle the extra speed when turning and actually flying. Have to go to a single blade fixed pitched for that.

Raptor
Guests
June 9, 2012 - 10:40 am

bvc said

Well I had the servo's and the 107 tail running together.

Wow, brilliant Surprised that explains how you managed to get such high speeds out of it.

bvc said

Thanks. No they don't shake at all.

Sorry, in that case i don't think i will be any help resolving your TBE, as Ive never really experienced it.Confused

Raptor
Guests
June 9, 2012 - 10:33 am

bvc said

I'm not finding that one. Is it another thread? Last I saw here you were waiting for the postman for that one.

the thread can be found here http://syma107.com/forum/gener.....-increase/

Edit: you beat me to it, yes that's the one 🙂

bvc
Guests
June 9, 2012 - 10:31 am
bvc
Guests
June 9, 2012 - 10:27 am

Raptor said
If your running out of space indoors, why not just use it outside.

And if the sun light is an issue, you could perform the RF mod I did on the S107 (as it works on almost anything IR)

I'm not finding that one. Is it another thread? Last I saw here you were waiting for the postman for that one.

Raptor said
You added the tail of the S107, and then you said you had too much speed. How? When i did that it was as slow as a stock S107.

And the blades clacking, did you try it with the weights removed from the flybar?

Well I had the servo's and the 107 tail running together. It would have to be faster wouldn't it?

I had a lighter flybar, which was already slightly unstable at times, so no, I didn't try it with all weight removed because that would have been too unstable.

Raptor said
As for the TBE, firmly hold the S800 in your hand, and give it full throttle. Look at the "servo's" do they shake rapidly, or are they still? If they are shaking, that may be the cause of your problems.

Thanks. No they don't shake at all.

Raptor
Guests
June 9, 2012 - 9:32 am

Sorry for the lack of mods over the last week or so, i've been making/obtaining tools and other resources that I need to do some more mods.

@bvc

If your running out of space indoors, why not just use it outside.

And if the sun light is an issue, you could perform the RF mod I did on the S107 (as it works on almost anything IR)

I have found a way to trim the Yaw of the S800 using a S107 transmitter, however it only seems to affect the clockwise rotation, and not anticlockwise (so back to the drawing board, again, and make it more advanced this time)

You added the tail of the S107, and then you said you had too much speed. How? When i did that it was as slow as a stock S107.

And the blades clacking, did you try it with the weights removed from the flybar?

As for the TBE, firmly hold the S800 in your hand, and give it full throttle. Look at the "servo's" do they shake rapidly, or are they still? If they are shaking, that may be the cause of your problems.

bvc
Guests
June 8, 2012 - 1:14 pm

bvc said
The best setup I had with the S800, before slamming the wall was;

ooops.....that's the S807 Laugh

CPD
Guests
June 8, 2012 - 12:54 pm

Yeah, if we had the money to ever have a s107 forum reunion, we'll need to rent out a firehall for a day or two. (then go to some large airshow somewhere, then take a general tour of the area we go to. lol)

bvc
Guests
June 8, 2012 - 10:35 am

It was fun while it lasted. I now have TBE. Added the rear S107 rotor. The S107 blades just don't work. It's too fast and causes constant death clack. You could go slower but then what's the point? The best setup I had with the S800, before slamming the wall was;

• original, shorter blades
  • no rear support
  • lighter flybar

I needed a gymnasium Cool. My livingroom and kitchen run together, probably about 25 feet, and as soon as I'd get full speed I'd have to let up.

I've looked at everything and don't know why it has TBE. Even after putting everything back it has TBE, so it's not happy about something. Still have my other S800 though.

bvc
Guests
June 5, 2012 - 6:57 am

yikes, another double. Please delete.

bvc
Guests
June 5, 2012 - 6:57 am

Of course that's where. Dumb question, sorry. Going on 4hrs of sleep here and not thinking.

Raptor
Guests
June 5, 2012 - 3:51 am

I connected the tail motors wires to the solder points on the board where the pitch servo was connected (direct swap, for the small red and black wires)

I haven't finished the strafe servo upgrade yet, so only the tail motor has been fitted. (its coming along nicely, except for a annoying twitch at a few centimeters from the left on the stick, it needs a buffer adding)

bvc
Guests
June 5, 2012 - 3:20 am

Where are you connecting the tail motor wires? Are both working now? Just hook up the tail? Or is a further mod required?

Raptor
Guests
June 5, 2012 - 2:03 am

Yeah, changing the canopy is really easy, it just slots on. And the same with the S107's more durable blades.

With the canopy and blades of the S107, it really starts to look like a 4ch S107 Smile

Edit: This CoolImage Enlarger

ohh, I totally forgot about the fly-bar, I will try that next 🙂

bvc
Guests
June 5, 2012 - 2:01 am

Oh, and put on the longer 107 blades.

bvc
Guests
June 5, 2012 - 1:59 am

I put a lighter flybar on. Gained more speed and didn't notice much loss in stability. Next I'll remove that back supports and put on the lighter 107 canopy, and see what happens.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2