Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Problem- Tail motor?
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
January 1, 2012 - 4:45 am

If you wanted to mod it, now might be a golden opportunity- buy a regular main motor, instead of a tail motor, put the larger rotor on it, a little bit of counterweight, and you have a suped-up s107.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 10:25 am

Yeah, I haven't had any motor problems yet. I just know motors, so I'm just lucky 🙂 I have God to help me too.

God bless, and good luck!
Old_Iron_Spine

snipey
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 9:59 am

Doesn't work even with push starting it. I think i'll order another motor and just swap it out. I'm thinking the motor went bad. Could be from the crash or just burnt out.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 31, 2011 - 4:31 am

What happens if you turn the tail rotor yourself while your trying to make it turn? Does it work if you push start it?

Supernova
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 11:31 pm

The motor could need replacing on the rear prop ?

snipey
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 4:49 pm

Just started it up. Up and down are smooth. Left and right are smooth. Just no forward and backward.

snipey
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 4:48 pm

Flys straight up, havent tried to turn it around though. Just no spinning on the back prop.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 4:29 pm

And the helicopter takes off? Just doesn't move anywhere? The gyro works too, right? So it can turn around?

snipey
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 1:39 pm

Wires are connected to both. No the motor doesn't spin at all.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 30, 2011 - 6:48 am

If you take the tail rotor off does the motor spin? And are the wires connected to the circuit board AND to the motor, both?

snipey
Guests
December 29, 2011 - 3:30 pm

This is my first RC helicopter and I love it. I haven't had it long but am already having a problem after a very minor crash. Sure, there were hundreds of hard crashes but the minor one killed it.

All of the sudden, the tail rotor stopped spinning. At first it stopped going backwards, and was so slow going forward that it didnt move the chopper. Now its completely stopped. I searched the forums to see if there is a repair guide for it but I can't find one for the tail rotor in specific. I want to upgrade my helictoper, but I want to make sure I can do simple repairs on this one first.

Any suggestions? I pulled the casing off, and the black molding off the alum tail bar. I don't know where to go from here. The wires seem to be attached fine to the circuit board and the motor, but thats all i've gotten. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2